Recruiting - World Building game

mfrench

First Post
If we don't hear back by Friday, I say we just give it a go, I'll post a thread and a turn order. Anybody care to make the first pitch? Ryan can certainly take over at any time - I'm just trying to get the rock rolling. (I think he's got a very little one at home, I hope that's going well!)

Nightbreeze

First Post
It could be interesting. (keep in mind that I would just recycle some idea from a homebrew setting of mine :) ...and I would recycle some of your ideas into mine)

mfrench

First Post
Ryan Stoughton said:
Everybody had 50 points of Mastery. First player (I'll randomly list the turn order) spends 2 points to pitch an idea.

The pitch is max 120 words and 1 300x400 pixel picture. That can be anything you want about the world - ANYTHING from a description of a beggar who sleeps behind the inn to the details of Tiamat's love life and the forthcoming plane-spanning conflict.

For that pitch to become Fact, 2 other people have to decide to spend 1 point each to support your idea, and no one vetoes it for an entire 24-hour period. Once that happens, it's Fact.

When someone else makes a Fact that plays into conflict in the world and involves one of your old facts, you can, at your option, award 1 point (this is new money, not from your pool).

So the basic idea is you have to come up with something cool enough that you're willing to spend your points, and other people are willing to spend their points on, and no one goes "aw hell, that'd screw it all up." Money leaves the system when you do a pitch, and money comes into the system when people dice it up with each others' elements in a way they find cool. The pot eventually heads to zero, at which point we look at the setting and see whether it came out half or fully baked.
This is the basic set up of the game. I'll start a list of everyone that has posted here post-New Year, and set up a random turn order. Here would be my proposal for additional parameters.

If it's your turn, you have two days to post a Pitch. If you don't post in that time frame, you head to the end of the active list. If you're absent through your next turn, you're moved to inactive. If you wish to delay, you can simply request that the next person go, and you'll take the spot behind him. In you're going to be absent for a while, request to be on hiatus until you return. I'll keep the Mastery point totals with the lists updated.

If Ryan returns, he can take over, or just be a poster, or whatever.

Here's the list so far:
Nightbreeze
Voda Vosa
Awakened
Frukathka
kinem
Lorthanoth
Mavnn
mfrench

mfrench

First Post
Here is the order, new additions will step to the back of the line.

Active
Voda Vosa - 50 points
Lorthanoth - 50 points
Frukathka - 50 points
Nightbreeze - 50 points
Awakened - 50 points
Mavnn - 50 points
kinem - 50 points
mfrench - 50 points

I would suggest a standard format, with something like this for the first line of a pitch:
Pitch # (X)

Then people can confirm, veto, or discuss a certain pitch quite unambiguously.

Also, I have been thinking, and (this is quite new to me) I would be inclined to say that pitches should avoid crunch whenever possible. You can certainly have some in mind, and I would expect such discussion to take place; but I think that the only assumptions of crunch here should be the basic SRD, thus our creation could be (potentially) useful to people playing E6, or epic levels, or D20 Modern, or 4E, or whatever.

Remove ads