• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruitment is Over] Amateur Fantasy Artists

Pennarin

Explorer
Well thank you all the people who contacted me for the time and effort you put in, but I can't take any more people right now.
But, this project is for Part 1 of an adventure, and work on Part 2 will start early next year, so I'll contact everyone to mention this. We will have scenes right out of the adventure ready to be drawed to life in about March-April of 2005.
Many latecomers for Part 1 will be able to participate on Part 2 instead.

I represent the people at The Burnt World of Athas (a Wizards of the Coast-sponsored website), who are seeking amateur artists in the field of fantasy searching for some exposure and a chance to reference our site and the inclusion of their work in our products into their portfolio.

Sadly we cannot pay, as all work on the site is free, although the people that are doing it have a lot of love for what they do, taking time out from their busy lives, hectic work schedules and even families.

We already have a few artists working for us, drawing creatures and high-quality, highres maps. To get a glimpse of what these artists have already done for us go at their sites to see their work. (Mike Fleming's Dark Sun Gallery and David Tisch's Dark Sun Rising).

The art is to be centered on the fantasy setting known as Dark Sun, produced by the former fantasy-rpg company TSR, now owned by Wizards of the Coast. In its 6 years in production Dark Sun showcased B&W and color front pieces by such artists as Tom Baxa, Brom, John Dollar and Stephen A. Daniele. Recent Dragon Magazine and Dungeon Magazine issues dedicated to the Dark Sun setting have featured work by James Ryman, Todd Harris, Jason Engle, Chris Trevas and Eric Polack.

If you think you can be of help to our continuing exploration of the setting, or have been a fan of the setting or its art, or just want to add to your portfolio then drop us a line at lexus[at]cgocable.ca

-Alexis Gervais

Last edited:

Remove ads