Recruitment: Keys from the Golden Vault (D&D5e) - CLOSED

mikeawmids1

Explorer
I think that's 5; Whizbang, Tglassy, TeraDave, Metavoid & Taran the Wanderer.

Recruitment closed.

We can discuss character classes and party balance here, then post actual character stats & backstory to the Rogue's Gallery. I also recommend finding a portrait or piece of stock art to represent your character and posting that alongside your stats.

You are all starting at lvl 1. Standard array of attributes, or 4d6 (drop lowest), reroll anything that looks unplayable. You are all aspiring members of the Golden Vault and this first mission is intended as your final test before being fully initiated into the secret organisation. You most likely know of one another by reputation, but at your discretion you may have crossed paths (as either allies or rivals) in the past.

But what is the Golden Vault? the GV is a chaotic good organisation of secretive individuals who embrace that sometimes you have to get your hands dirty in pursuit of the greater good. Missions are delivered via music boxes that may or may not self destruct after relaying their message.

The nature of the campaign is episodic, and you will be deployed to various locales across the material plain, and beyond. Their will be downtime between adventures to pursue personal goals and advance your characters.

I'll create the IC and OOC threads and link them in first post once everyone has decided on their character.

Last edited:

I think that's 5; Whizbang, Tglassy, TeraDave, Metavoid & Taran the Wanderer.

Recruitment closed.

We can discuss character classes and party balance here, then post actual character stats & backstory to the Rogue's Gallery. I also recommend finding a portrait or piece of stock art to represent your character and posting that alongside your stats.

You are all starting at lvl 1. Standard array of attributes, or 4d6 (drop lowest), reroll anything that looks unplayable. You are all aspiring members of the Golden Vault and this first mission is intended as your final test before being fully initiated into the secret organisation. You most likely know of one another by reputation, but at your discretion you may have crossed paths (as either allies or rivals) in the past.

I'll create the IC and OOC threads and link them in first post once everyone has decided on their character.
I’m currently at work so I’ll try to follow discussions as best I can till I get home.

I’m leaning towards a spellcaster, In This order:
1. Cleric of knowledge or cleric of ‘stealth’ (whatever it’s called) or Druid grasslands. This is for the utility.
2. Arcane trickster.

- cleric of knowledge for all the utility skills but rendered redundant if someone plays a wizard
-cleric trickery. I kind of have a neat background story in my mind so leaning towards this even though trickery isn’t the greatest domain
-Druid: so useful with lots of fun options. Not sure how he’d be recruited though.
-arcane trickster rogue. I’d only go this route if no-one chose to play a rogue.

Last edited:

There is a great urban druid (Circle of the Streets) in Drizzt's Travelogue of Everything that I have been aching to try, you can wildshape into everyday objects, like a bin or a bench. :D
I have the players handbook so that’s generally where I get my classes. I tried googling it but got mostly homebrew stuff.

It looks like the classic rogue and/or bard are, as yet, unaccounted for. So I'll do one of those. Maybe a changeling, just for maximum shenanigans.
Someone said a wizard...so if you take a bard, I'll do the rogue. There is kinda 'soul keeper' rogue, but that is three levels away. Just like arcane trickster :p

So, options (with preferences bolded):
- whisper bard
  • spirit bard
  • mercy monk
  • shadow monk
- phantom rogue
  • lunar sorcerer
  • shadow sorcerer

Last edited:

Remove ads