Recruitment: Kulan: Shackled City Legacy PbP Game (Game Cancelled)

Thateous

Explorer
A Warblade is akin to a fighter but they can do a little more than just move and swing. Located in the Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords: I'm trying to play a character with a little more depth than a fighter, but still fill that front line role. If any of you have any suggestions I'm willing to hear them.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
JustinCase's ninja PC would also fall into the same category. That would be two PCs with restricted classes. That would be all for this game, if Thateous picks Duskblade.

Core Classes: Bandit (Book of Roguish Luck), Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Elementalist (homebrewed), Favored Soul, Fighter, Jester (DRAGON Compendium), Marshal, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Scout, Sorcerer, Swashbuckler, Trader (homebrewed), Winter Warden (DR #311), and Wizard.

Restricted Classes: Anarch (DR #310), Avenger (DR #310) *, Beguiler (PHB2), Crusader (DR #311), Dragonfire Adept (Dragon Magic), Dragon Shaman (PHB2 [altered]) **, Duskblade (PHB2 [newly added to list]), Enforcer (DR #310), Incarnate (DR #310), Lurk **, Ninja [added for this game only], Psion **, Savant (DRAGON Compendium) **, Sentinel (DR #310), Shadowcaster (ToM [newly added to list]), Spirit Shaman **, Truenamer (ToM [newly added to list]) **, Urban Druid (DRAGON Compendium) *, Urban Ranger (UA), Wilder **, Wilderness Rogue (UA).

* Considered core classes for any game set in and around Cauldron.
** Not available for this game.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
A Warblade is akin to a fighter but they can do a little more than just move and swing. Located in the Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords: I'm trying to play a character with a little more depth than a fighter, but still fill that front line role. If any of you have any suggestions I'm willing to hear them.
That's the book that I thought it might have been from. I'm going to have to say 'no' since that is one of the few D&D 3E books I don't own.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
And starting gold? Standard for level 3?
Yes. With a bonus equal to 1,000 gp for use with creating a signature item for your PC.

Plus, each PC gets a bonus feat at 1st-level that must be from the PHB but cannot be a fighter feat, item creation feat, or a metamagic feat.

Scotley

Hero
Yes. With a bonus equal to 1,000 gp for use with creating a signature item for your PC.

Plus, each PC gets a bonus feat at 1st-level that must be from the PHB but cannot be a fighter feat, item creation feat, or a metamagic feat.

What are your expectations for the signature item?

So, restricted classes means no more than one per group? I was thinking of a human urban Druid. Local to Cauldron. If that works for you?

Ability generation for new Kulan game: 4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 4, 5, 4] = 15
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 5, 1, 3] = 9
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 3, 6, 1] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 5, 1, 3] = 12
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 3, 5, 1] = 9
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 4, 1, 4] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 3, 2, 5] = 10
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 1, 1, 2] = 5
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 6, 5, 5] = 16

Looks like 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 10

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
What are your expectations for the signature item?
You can apply the 1,000 gp in any way you want. My only restriction is that it should be used on one item. 1,000 gp is equal to the base price of +1 armor or a shield, but it could be used for paying for part of a +1 on a magical weapon or you could pick a 1,000 gp minor magical item or you could use it for a mount or even a spyglass or another expensive mundane items. It's totally up to you.

So, restricted classes means no more than one per group? I was thinking of a human urban Druid. Local to Cauldron. If that works for you?
That is usually the rule. So far, the game already has a duskblade and a ninja. That's two restricted classes already. Usually I don't allow more than one or two when starting a new game, especially one set on Harqual.

Now, this is an urban campaign, so an urban druid would work for the setting, and I had been considering making it a core class for the game, but I chose the urban ranger instead. If you really want to be an urban druid then I''ll switch the two. The urban druid with be core for the game but the urban ranger won't. (I'm a bit strange that way.)

Decent stats.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases