Pathfinder 2E Release Day Second Edition Amazon Sales Rank

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
As of today the Core Rulebook is #1!.....in Pathfinder game.

It's #591 overall.

The D&D Player's Handbook is still an amazing #49 overall after 5 years. Incredible.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
As of today the Core Rulebook is #1!.....in Pathfinder game.

It's #591 overall.

The D&D Player's Handbook is still an amazing #49 overall after 5 years. Incredible.

Yeah, it feels rather a given at this point, but 5E sales have been unprecedented: they increased sales by at least 30% every year from 2014 through at least 2018, and it hasn't seemed to level off yet.

Aldarc

Legend
Also keep in mind that Paizo does direct sales of their game from their own website, something that WotC does not do with 5e D&D. Pre-orders of the game were also done through Paizo. So while I doubt that it is as high as the D&D 5e PHB, I also doubt the sales rank of PF2 on Amazon tells the whole picture either.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Also keep in mind that Paizo does direct sales of their game from their own website, something that WotC does not do with 5e D&D. Pre-orders of the game were also done through Paizo. So while I doubt that it is as high as the D&D 5e PHB, I also doubt the sales rank of PF2 on Amazon tells the whole picture either.

No, that's true: Barnes & Noble, hobby stores, etc.

darjr

I crit!
Eh, DnDBeyond is a chunk of the PHB sales too. So are local game stores and book stores. Amazon rank has shown to be a decent analog before.

Here is the current rankings.

PF2 at 669 and PHB at 55. Both doing extremely well. I think the hobby is probably just fine.

1F1A68AE-BF61-4622-94AC-46B584CF7D2A.jpeg
D177AC2C-355F-43B0-A666-296773B5F662.jpeg

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Boy have I been busy lately...thanks for starting this thread. A little disappointed in the fade. But historically mid 500s is stil strong. We have to see how it holds up as people play it.

The sustained performance of the Phb on the other hand is just amazing.

darjr

I crit!
PF2E is at 1273
PHB at 61
And I’m preorder the new Eberron book is at 44 but I saw it as high as 16.

Does anyone know how Amazon lists change if a book is out of stock? For a day or two I couldn’t find the PHB from Wizards, just their authors page. I didn’t know there was and authors Amazon rank, but WotC was 88 out of all authors on Amazon, what does that even mean. Also a big drop in sales rank can mean a book was out of stock, though I never saw it for PF2E.
CD59AE53-C3BB-42AD-B584-F4F9913D1047.jpeg

AD08BFBB-9161-47E7-87AE-F2462791FBB6.jpeg
8008870C-9F3E-4B29-919D-BB90388B5761.jpeg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases