• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Relic Hunters in Tekumel (IC)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Gods damn it," Angelina curses under the breath, her patience being tested. She ties up her horse a little bit away from the group to hopefully spare it. She quickly searches around the area looking for a good place to hide closer to the direction the pirates would be coming from.

"I'll try to put a group or two to sleep before they get close. Then, you gals know I like it from behind," she grins, "So don't shoot me while I'm doing it." The smile falls from her face. "We kill them all this time, maybe leave just one for questioning but the rest, no mercy. Elsbeth can you quickly send Branwyn to get an idea of the numbers?" As she speaks she makes sure her rapier is loose in its sheath, then preps her shortbow.

OOC: There are trees? That changes things. I'd envisioned an open swampy marshy place. If there are trees, Briony would hitch her mule a tree, and find a tree to hide behind away from her mule. She'd lie in wait, hoping to catch a member of the hunting party unaware.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: You are in a marsh, but it is nearly bare instead of entirely bare. There are clumps of shrubs and brush, as well as the occasional leafless, dry tree that would allow you to climb and perch about five or six feet off the ground.

Branwyn is able to report that there are three packs of hunting dogs swiftly closing in on your position. She counts about 6-10 in each group. She doesn't immediately see the human slavers, and so you can estimate that they are probably still some miles off.

[section]Briony watched her colleagues clamber up nearby scrubby trees in the marsh. She un-hobbled her pack animal, electing instead to tie the beast to a nearby branch that seemed relatively sturdy. She didn't, however, climb a tree herself. After securing her mule, she re-traced her steps to the edge of the marsh and put her back to whatever tree or foliage was there that seemed to her to best offer a hiding spot. Once she was ensconced, she waited. She'd cut down the first hounds, and hopefully keep the majority of the dogs from her friends and sister.[/section]
OOC: Briony wants to put herself at the edge of the marsh and will try to hide. She'll try to put the hounds off her trail by re-tracing her steps from her mule to her hiding spot, which hopefully is the same place where the group entered the marsh. There is, however, a limit to how much distance Briony is willing to put between herself and her party; she's willing to leave a gap of up to 60 feet, but no more. As soon as the first group of hounds appears, Briony intends to swing at them, and will swing to kill. Because she backtracked, her hope is that the dogs will sweep right past her hiding spot. Her aim to keep the dogs from the others.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Zephia gets into some branches five feet above ground and readies her bow, while Briony ties her mule to a stump and hides behind a large, dead tree. Bella sets up behind a thick tree in order to protect herself. That leaves Queenie and Elsbeth to wait patiently for the first slathering hoard of hunting dogs.

And soon they do appear. The first pack has ten of the dogs in it, all snarling and rushing towards Zephia, Queenie and Elsbeth.

OOC: Initiative time. I'll roll for the whole pack of dogs just once. The party rolls as individuals. Everyone roll a simple 1d10 with no adjustments. You will get one free ranged attack before they close into melee.

Dogs init:
[roll0]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads