D&D General Reminder: Spellfire can come out of any body part…

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Oh gods, this means disco is about to come back.
What do you mean "come back"? Disco was never gone; all this time it's been...

Stayin' alive.

csi miami GIF

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I hope I am seen as trying to be the best I can. If I am being honest I assume I will be seen as a conservative even as I am very liberal.
It's very hard to predict the future. There's no guarantee society will keep moving in the direction we consider 'left'. My most likely counterfactual is climate change causing a wide-scale degradation of society over the next century to the point where we get much more focused on survival, but really, who knows?

If civilization DOES decline too badly, we can always emigrate to the Forgotten Realms. Many people have, including several gods, and there are a few active portals to Terra!

Golarion too, but that place spells like Rovagug.

It's very hard to predict the future. There's no guarantee society will keep moving in the direction we consider 'left'. My most likely counterfactual is climate change causing a wide-scale degradation of society over the next century to the point where we get much more focused on survival, but really, who knows?

I think it's more likely the cultural pendulum is starting to swing backwards from what I'm seeing, look at Italy. I think we will beat climate change, long term habitat loss is more concerning.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Society has been moving steadily right over most of my life (IMO and all that). I have been amused (though I am easily amused) doing those online quizzes that tells you your political position and they put me moderately left liberal. Whereas 40 years ago I would have been regarded as somewhat right wing.
But as you say, predicting stuff is difficult, particularly about the future.

Remove ads