• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Response to Russ' Front Page Letter.

Utrecht

First Post
There comes a time when replies get redundent - but it is also important to let you know that this site is important to a lot of people. I have to say that over the past 3+ years, this is the only site that I have consistently stayed with.

And like others - your message definately had that punch in the gut feel at first - but I am glad that we get you back as a fan - after all that is what makes this hobby fun.

Thanks again.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thanks you, everyone, for the kind words!

I now have a new D&D game scheduled to start on Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to it! It is likely to use a lot of elements from Arcana Unearthed.

I spent today hunting for a job. I have an interview already (that's on Tuesday, too), and have been carefully refining my CV (resume). When I analyse what I've been doing for the last two years, there is an awful lot of positive stuff I can write under the heading "Skills & Experience". :)

With a regular income and regular hours, a lot of stress in my life will be alleviated. I've also found that I'm looking forward to working in an environment which includes..... well, other people!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
This is because I didn't sign up as a community supporter, isn't it? I've been meaning to and I've got the money. It's just that I don't have a paypal account and I only kept remembering at bad times like when I was on the way home from work. And now Morrus is going to be getting a job and it's all my fault!! Oh the humanity!

;)

Ahem, but seriously, I wanted to say a special thanks to you, Morrus. You've done a superb job with the site and the boards. This place has become very special to me for a lot of reasons and it wouldn't have the "family feel" that it does if it were not for the owner and moderators being such caring and excellent people.

Any of you would be welcome at my gaming table any time.

I hope you have a ton of fun at your next game. And if you need help from anyone here, just ask.

See you around the boards...

Nebin

Explorer
Yo boss ! I'm glad you're finally going back to work instead of laying around all day counting your pounds from this place. :) Best of luck to you on the Job thingie and the other thing ~winkie, winkie~ Shrooms are on the way BTW, Best to her Ladyship...................................Neb

qstor

Adventurer
Russ, thanks for taking over Eric Noah's shoes and running the BEST website on all of Google. Good luck entering the working world and finally getting to play D&D for a change!
You need the rest you're asking for!

Mike

Seule

Explorer
Thanks for all the work you have put into the site over the years. It means a lot to have a place where we can find likeminded fans to talk about stuff that seems important at the time. D&D is a game, you and Eric Noah) have made it into a community. Now I really have to get some money together and become a Community Supporter. I've been meaning to, honest, it's just that.. well, stuff happens, y'know.

Anyway, keep on gaming.

--Seule

DaveStebbins

First Post
Good luck Morrus.

At least you know that if your real job gets to be too much of a hassle, you can make a go of it by running the business of EN World.

And that's what most struck me about your message. What for me is a news site, entertainment site, community site, was for you a business to run. Every day. You have done an excellent job in making the drudgery of the business side of EN World transparent to most of us members.

Again, best of luck. Let us know what you end up doing, so we can regale you with stories of how much more our jobs suck than yours. :D

-Dave

Remathilis

Legend
Just wanted to add my thanks to the pile.

Do what you love man, ENJOY D&D for what it is and leave the business side to those who either love it or can at least stomach it.

Good luck.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads