Reveille's Feats [Redux]

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Great Bite [General]
You are able to inflict critical damage with your bite attack more often.
Prerequisite: Base Attack Bonus +4, Bite Attack Feat or race with a natural bite attack.
Benefit: You now threaten critical hits with your bite attack on a natural roll of 19 and 20.
Normal: Without this feat, you only threaten critical hits with your bite attack on a natural roll of 20.

Khuxan

First Post
Why did you share the Great Bite feat before the Bite Attack feat? Wouldn't it make more sense to do it the other way around?

Why is this feat limited to bites, instead of natural weapons in general? I guess since monsters often have two claw attacks it might make sense to exlude those, but there doesn't seem to be much difference between bites, gores and slams to me.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Holy Spell [Metamagic]
Your spells are bolstered with holy power, causing holy damage to your enemies.
Prerequisite: Purify Spell
Benefit: A holy spell deals an extra 1 points of holy damage for each die of damage the spell deals. In addition, holy spells gain the full benefits from the purify spell feat. A sanctifed spell uses up a spell slot two levels higher than the spell's actual level.

This feat is weak compared to Consecrate Spell (BoED pg. 42, ComDiv pg. 79). Use that instead.

Last edited:

Reveille said:
Great Bite [General]
You are able to inflict critical damage with your bite attack more often.
Prerequisite: Base Attack Bonus +4, Bite Attack Feat or race with a natural bite attack.
Benefit: You now threaten critical hits with your bite attack on a natural roll of 19 and 20.
Normal: Without this feat, you only threaten critical hits with your bite attack on a natural roll of 20.
This looks very similar to Improved Critical, to me. Why not just use Improved Critical on natural attacks?

Arkhandus

First Post
Khuxan said:
Why did you share the Great Bite feat before the Bite Attack feat? Wouldn't it make more sense to do it the other way around?

Why is this feat limited to bites, instead of natural weapons in general? I guess since monsters often have two claw attacks it might make sense to exlude those, but there doesn't seem to be much difference between bites, gores and slams to me.

The Bite Attack feat is from Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed/Evolved, AFAIK. So it's not a custom feat, but a printed one.

Not limiting it would make it better than Improved Critical, because it is available much earlier. I'm guessing Reveille wants it to be for creatures that only have one bite attack as their only natural weapon (it's kinda common), so they can be a bit more dangerous. Although also available to creatures with a bite as just one of their natural attacks.

Reveille, how is Great Bite supposed to stack with Improved Critical or other such effects? Does GB increase the base threat range, or just the total threat range? In the former case, GB+IC at upper levels/HD makes for a total threat range of 17-20, in the latter it's 18-20.

Also, Holy Spell calls itself Sanctified Spell in the text; I think one name or the other is supposed to be used. And it lists some feat called Purify Spell as a prerequisite, but I'm not familiar with that feat, so I dunno what it does, heh.

Is the holy damage supposed to be like the sacred energy damage of Flame Strikes, unresistable? If so, it should specify (though that would be a lot like the Sacred Spell feat from Defenders of the Faith, which might've been reprinted in Complete Divine for all I know).

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Arkhandus said:
Reveille, how is Great Bite supposed to stack with Improved Critical or other such effects? Does GB increase the base threat range, or just the total threat range? In the former case, GB+IC at upper levels/HD makes for a total threat range of 17-20, in the latter it's 18-20.
I don't think its meant to stack. Improved Critical has a high prereq for non warrior types; BAB +8. With a medimum BAB, Improved Critical can be taken as early as 11th level, with Great Bite this is reduced to 6th. With a poor BAB, Improved Critical can be taken as early as 16th level, with Great Bite this is reduced to 8th.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Arkhandus said:
Also, Holy Spell calls itself Sanctified Spell in the text; I think one name or the other is supposed to be used. And it lists some feat called Purify Spell as a prerequisite, but I'm not familiar with that feat, so I dunno what it does, heh.
It is supposed to be called Holy Spell. I hit a lag in the post time. I updated the text.

Arkhandus said:
Is the holy damage supposed to be like the sacred energy damage of Flame Strikes, unresistable? If so, it should specify (though that would be a lot like the Sacred Spell feat from Defenders of the Faith, which might've been reprinted in Complete Divine for all I know).
Yes, the damage is supposed to be sacred energy damage. I just checked, Sacred Spell is not reprinted in BoED/Comp Div. There is a feat called Consecrate Spell, which I most certainly overlooked when creting Holy Spell. :\

It gives the spell the good descriptor and half damage from the spell is divine power that can't be resisted.

Arkhandus

First Post
OK, Consecrate Spell is apparently an updated and good-aligned version of Sacred Spell. Sacred Spell wasn't just for good-aligned folks (despite the name!) and required a spell slot 2 higher than the spell's actual level.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Heavy Spell [Metamagic]
You spells are capable of handling heavier amounts of weight.
Benefit: The weight limit of the spell this metamagic feat is applied two is multiplied by two and a half. A heavy spell uses up a spell slot of the spell's normal level.

For example if Kailee the Wizard wanted to apply to apply the benefit of this metamagic feat to the Mage Hand cantrip, its weight limit would be increased to 12 pounds.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases