• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RHoD: Buffed Azarr Kul Stats *SPOILER?*

Gruns

Explorer
hello!
First of all,

***SPOILER ALERT***

If you're playing Red Hand of Doom, you should probably stop reading here...

Hello again non-RHoD players and/or cheaters!
I was just preparing to stat out Azarr Kul in fully buffed mode, and could tell it was going to take forever. As an aside... I don't see how my non-Arcane casting group is going to touch this guy. And when they do, he is of course just going to Heal back to full. And then they get the REAL boss... But that's for another thread...
I was going to ask if anyone had this guy statted out in full buff mode, but I figured the spells used wouldn't exactly match mine, so I'll do it myself. I decided to keep his prepared spell list the same, except for replacing Summon III with Wind Wall, as his intelligence agents have no doubt informed him of the powerful archer amongst the gang of heroes that have been wiping out his Wyrmlords. Now I know there are rules monkeys out there who just LOVE to comb through this stuff, so I leave it to you to tell me where I screwed up.
Let's begin!
Starting AC is 30. +4 from Barkskin, +3 Righteous Might(11 rds), +1 Haste(5 rds)
So on my sheet, Effective AC is 38(5 rds), 37(11 rds), 34.
Starting HPs are 86. +22 from Bear's Endurance, +22 Divine Vigor(30 rds), +22 Righteous Might(11 Rds)
Effective HPs: 152(11 rds), 130(30 rds), 108
Base Saves: F+13, R+6, W+15. Fort gets +2 for Bears End, +2 R Might(11 rds). +1 to all from Prayer(11 rds). Reflex gets +1 from Haste for 5 rds.
Effective Saves: Fort: +18, Ref: +8, Will: +16 for 5 rds; Fort: +18, Ref: +7, Will: +16 for 11 rds; Fort: +15, Ref: +6, Will: +15
+10' to speed for 30 rds from Divine Vigor, 40' fly from Fly potion.
Now the fun one... Starting Melee: +16/+11(1d6+7+1 electricity)
Bull's Strength +2 to hit/+2 damage, Prayer +1/+1(11 rds), Righteous Might +3/+4,1d8 weapon, 10' reach(11 rds), Divine Favor +3/+3(10 rds), Haste +1/+0(5 rds)
So melee is effectively: +26/+26/+21 (1d8+17+1 electric) 10' reach for 5 rds...
+25/+20 (1d8+17+1 electric) 10' reach for 10 rds...
+22/+17 (1d8+14+1 electric) 10' reach for 11 rds...
+18/+13 (1d6+9+1) for a long time...
Grapple effectively goes from +13 to +17 for 11 rds from Righteous Might.
Starting ability scores: STR 20, DEX 10, CON 16, INT 12, WIS 20, CHA 16
+4 STR Bulls Str, +4 CON Bears End, +8 STR Righteous Might(11 rds), +4 CON R Might(11 rds). So for 11 rounds STR=32, CON=24. Then STR=24, CON=20.
Also should be noted: Azaar Kul is likely to be immune to death spells/effects, air walking and under freedom of movement effects for the entire fight.
So what did I miss?
Later!
Gruns

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
Keep in mind that he won't have these spells already cast, but will rather start casting them once he detects the presence of the PCs. If the PCs manage to prevent him from casting antilife shell, he'll have to resort to defensive casting in order to buff himself. And even if he does cast antilife shell, your archer PC will still be able to target him, possibly preventing him from casting the other spells (by forcing Concentration checks against the damage dealt by arrows).

All in all, there's quite possibly no way of knowing how his buff suite will end up looking like... :)

Remove ads