• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ring of jumping for offense

cheeseguy

First Post
Quick question. What would a ring of jumping do if used for offensive capabilities? Such as wearing it and kicking someone with the bottom of the feet(where the ring of jumping would be releasing the spell)

Does the ring of jumping just make you lighter or does it increase the impact you make when jumping, thus increasing the energy you would release normally when jumping.

Would the impact be applied tripling the damage or would it just throw your target? (PC would have to have high strength, and decent intelligence and wisdom with a proficiency in arcana).

-kick would have to be on bottom of feet
-certain strength required as well as intelligence/wisdom.
-would have to be obtained through practice with attack(rolling to understand and get the concept)

Sent from my Z963VL using EN World mobile app

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
Ring of jumping just makes you jump further iirc. If you kick someone while you jump past them, I'd call it an unarmed strike. If you jump really high and try to land on someone, I'd treat it like you fell on them and you'd both take damage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads