• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

taran

First Post
[sblock=On Resting]A 6-hour extended rest will bring us to midnight or so, which seems like a bad time to face someone named the Lady of Nightmares. Besides which, Arnamil probably has his own plans for this evening. But a series of short rests, designed to stretch our surges as far as possible, seems like good sense to me.[/sblock][sblock=Surge!]I spend a surge, restoring 15 hit points.[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Derien Falk - Elf Cleric 1
Initiative +3 Passive perception 22 Passive Insight 19
AC 16 For 12 Ref 13 Will 16
HP 22/26 Bloodied 13 Surge value 7 Surges: 8/9
Speed 7 squares Languages Common, Elven
AP 0 Second Wind not used
Longbow +5 (1d10+3)
Powers: Lance of Faith
Sacred Flame
Cause Fear
healing word 2 of 2
Elven Accuracy
Channel Divinity
Hunter's Quarry
Cascade of Light[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Taking an extended rest right now will guarantee an attack during the night. Once word gets back that the assassination attempt failed, more fey thugs will be sent. Our best bet right now is to follow the gnome to Arnamil in order to parley with him. Nobody's in too bad shape, after all. I say we press on.

Also, assuming we are going to rest after the next encounter, we can all use our action points, since we'll reach a milestone by then and get a fresh one.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I'm pretty sure 2heads meant two short rests. Which seems reasonable. If Ikni gets a healing word, it heals 5 extra dnd brings her to full health.

taran

First Post
ooc: I'm pretty sure 2heads meant two short rests. Which seems reasonable. If Ikni gets a healing word, it heals 5 extra dnd brings her to full health.
My thinking was that everyone who wants a healing word can have one, and we'll take as many short rests as are necessary to make that happen. Derien surely doesn't mind.

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok, to speed things up I will consider an average result (3) for additional hp for who hasn't rolled. Tell me if the status below is correct. I had Lorik,Heinrich, Ikni(as covaithe had said), Galinndan and Haruka spend 2 hs; Derien only spent one. Is it alright?

Lorik HP:29/29 S:7/11 AP:1
Ikni HP:31/31 S:8/11, AP:0
Heinrich HP:24/24 S:5/7 AP:1
DerienHP:22/26 S:8/9 AP:1
Galinndan HP:24/24 S:6/8 AP:1
Haruka HP:30/30 S:7/10 AP:1

ow, if I remember right, you want to head to Lord Arnamil's, having Romulin guide you. Do you want t try and restrain him in some way, or is he free to move?
Anything else?
The sun is on the horizon.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=status and planning]That looks correct, hp-wise. And that is indeed our plan.[/sblock]

[sblock=On restraints]On the one hand, Romulin can turn invisible. I'm not sure if a certain condition needs to occur before he can do so, but restraining him would hinder any attempts on his part to ditch us.

On the other hand, walking into a Fey Lord's court with one of his subjects on a leash would probably give the wrong impression. Also, we should stay on his good side so he doesn't lead us into a trap/hazard.

I think we should trust him, especially since we don't stand much to gain by exposing him as a spy, but if someone feels strongly in favor of binding him, I won't object.[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]That's the thing, though. He's NOT one of his subjects; the gnome is a spy for the local Lady of Nightmares. I say we trade the information that we trade the spy for information, then request that Arnamil (in his infinite generosity) temporarily house Gord while we go get his ring back.

For the first time, I'm not playing a character with high Diplomacy / Bluff, so I'll leave those rolls to those who specialize thusly, but I will be piping up every now and then.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads