• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

taran

First Post
"If the ring is as important as all that, why was it lying around in the first place? And why kill Gord?" Derien shakes his head impatiently, and refocuses his attention on the immediate. "Tell me, Romulin, do you want to get out of the double-agent business alive and safe? Are you happy serving the Lady of Nightmares? If you're not, Heinrich is right; this a chance for you to get away clean.[sblock=OOC]If Romulin betrays us, we just say to Lord Arnamil "We got this information from a gnome in your service named Romulin, he's betraying you to the Lady of Nightmares, here's what he looks like, and we'd be happy to go fetch your ring for you." Even if he doesn't trust us he's got no reason not to let us try, and when he finally catches up with Romulin he'll learn the truth.

At least, that's the theory; the bit where we get involved in Seelie politics is definitely my least favorite part of this plan, but I don't think we have a choice. The only other way to get Gord out of trouble is to go to the Lady of Nightmares and get the ring (and info about her plots, whatever they may be) first, but as covaithe says we then run the risk of being mistaken for the original thieves. Even Romulin seems to think that Arnamil is more dangerous than his mistress, so the plan that keeps him as sweet as possible is probably the right one.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]It looks like the general consensus is to go to Arnamil first. If we get turned away at the gates, we'll just go see the Lady instead.[/sblock]

Haruka turns to the rest of the group. "Let's go call upon Lord Arnamil. He may be able to give us more information. If nothing else, we can at least try to end his torment of Gord."

She looks towards Romulin. "I assume you'll be happy to take us there."

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni carefully cleans her sword on the clothing of one of the fallen enemies before sheathing it and following her new comrades. That was uncomfortably close. Oomailiq would not have approved. Still, I live, and so do my... friends? I suppose we shall see.

[sblock=ooc]Ikni will spend 2 surges before we go, bringing her to 26/31. If someone has a healing or inspiring word to spare, that would be welcome.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ikni]Ikniqpalagaq- Female Genasi Swordmage 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:19, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:26/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/11
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Booming Blade, Sword Burst, Aegis of Shielding,
Earthshock, Foesnare,
Frost Backlash
Resist 5 fire, cold, and thunder
+1 to saving throws

[/sblock]

Last edited:

taran

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ikni will spend 2 surges before we go, bringing her to 26/31. If someone has a healing or inspiring word to spare, that would be welcome.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]If what we just did counts as a short rest, I have two healing words available, for 1d6+4 extra hp. If it doesn't count as a short rest, we should probably take one now anyway, just in case.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]there is no immediate menace. So you can take as many short rests as you want, keeping in mind, though, that night is approaching. Actually, you could even take an extended rest, if you think time is of no consequence. It's your decision.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads