• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

Atanatotatos

First Post
I... I don't even know what our mistress wished for!! Whatever it was, she has already acquired! ...she has... mysterious ways, powers... the gnome is clearly frightened by whatever creature he's referring to. Us gnomes were spies among the scouts of Lord Arnamil. Yesterday we were ordered to kill the smith. But we were ordered to make sure there was no witness! So we attacked you... the gnome is talking as fast as he can, and with his tiny hands joined, he prays: ..will you let me go now? can I go now?

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni's sword lowers perhaps half an inch as she cocks her head to the side, thinking. "The Lady of Nightmares.... I think I remember that name. A story from childhood. Let me think..."

[sblock=ooc]History 29. Well, not my favorite place to roll a natural 20, but hey, you take what you get, right?[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=cov]Heck I didn't expect that roll :D. It didn't exactly hit the DC but that critical deserves some information.

Ikni recalls some scary stories for children from his time in the dark underground of the Isles. Parents and grandparents used to scare children around a fire, with stories of old crones called "Ladies of Nightmares". They would kidnap children, or steal their clothes or cherished objects, and then make obscure and horrifying rituals to haunt their sleep, and eat their fear.
Also, whenever an adult could not sleep properly, or his sleep was always interrupted by bad dreams or great worries, it was said that it was a Lady weaving nightmares.
[/sblock]

taran

First Post
I... I don't even know what our mistress wished for!! Whatever it was, she has already acquired! ...she has... mysterious ways, powers... the gnome is clearly frightened by whatever creature he's referring to. Us gnomes were spies among the scouts of Lord Arnamil. Yesterday we were ordered to kill the smith. But we were ordered to make sure there was no witness! So we attacked you... the gnome is talking as fast as he can, and with his tiny hands joined, he prays: ..will you let me go now? can I go now?
"No. What does Lord Arnamil want?"

Atanatotatos

First Post
I don't know, I don't know!! I only know Lord Arnamil ordered his feys to haunt the place where that smith lives the gnome answers, pointing at Gord It seems the fool stole something or offended the Lord!! But I wasn't ordered to do so, and my Mistress didn't tell us more, I swear, I swear that I don't know anymore!!

covaithe

Explorer
"Yes, the Lady of Nightmares, from stories to frighten children with. I did not know she was real. What would such a being want with a smith? Who is Lord Arnamil, that the Lady spies on him?" Ikni wonders aloud.

Atanatotatos

First Post
My, what question is that, who is Lord Arnamil! He is a Bralani, a high lord, governor of the woods from here to many miles, on behalf of the King of Willows. But what my Mistress wishes for, I do not know. 'Tis the truth, I swear.

Don Incognito

First Post
Lorik scoffs.

"'What do they want with the smith'", he mocks, "Isn't it obvious? They want the ring that he found. Trouble is, fatty lost the damn thing."

Lorik draws his sword and walks over to Gord.

"YOU need to tell us exactly what's going on, smith. What you did, why they're here, where the ring is, who took it, and how we can get it back. And try to cut back on the blubbering this time."

[sblock=Intimidate, if necessary]16. Pretty good, considering I don't have any modifiers.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads