• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Hooray!
[/sblock]

The tree's withered left limbs thrash wildly as the arrow sinks deep into its bark. Roaring with mindless rage and pain, it steps over Lorik's body - barely missing planting its foot into her head - and charges towards the elf archer, swinging its axe wildly. The archer sidesteps, and the wood woad follows him blindly, ending up trapped between the elf and its companion. Oblivious to its poor tactical position, it swings again, but the awkward angle means it does little damage. An angry red light begins to glow in its eyes, and it stomps its foot down into the ground. Thin, root-like tendrils erupt all around it, tangling around both elves' feet, writhing and lashing.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to O21 (between the two elves)
Standard: Earth Shield Strike on the elf archer, 17 to hit, 6 damage, and I gain +1 AC until the end of my next turn. (I'm using Student of Battle with this for +1 to hit, plus it marks him even if Nature's Wrath doesn't work for some reason.)
Free: use Nature's Wrath to mark all adjacent enemies (both elves)
[/sblock]

taran

First Post
[sblock=ooc]...oh. I'm never posting from my phone again; I always wind up missing something important.[/sblock]Ugh. Bad night? I don't remember dreaming...and I'm wet. Why am I wet? Oh. Derien rolls to his feet, lashing out frantically with bursts of light.[sblock=Actions]Move: Arise!
Standard: Zap the scout! 18 versus Reflex, 7 damage
Action Point: Zap the scout again! 11 versus Reflex, 1 out of 2 isn't bad I suppose. The +2 to hit goes to Haruka, who I devoutly hope will live to use it.[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Derien Falk - Elf Cleric 1
Initiative +3 Passive perception 22 Passive Insight 19
AC 16 For 12 Ref 13 Will 16
HP 11/26 Bloodied 13 Surge value 7 Surges/day 7/9
Speed 7 squares Languages Common, Elven
AP 1 Second Wind used
Longbow +5 (1d10+3)
Powers: Lance of Faith
Sacred Flame
Cause Fear
healing word 0 of 2
Elven Accuracy
Channel Divinity
Hunter's Quarry
Cascade of Light[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Ikni's sword finally sinks in the Eladrin's flesh. Meanwhile, Derien is revived thanks to Haruka's help, while Lorik still lies on the ground, whispering randomly in his unconsciousness. The strange warrior creature proves to be a fierce warrior knocking down the elven archer. Derien has his strenght back, and with his divine power carves a path of radiance in the air to guide Haruka's spell to the remaining elf. But it's not necesary, because the cleric's spell sears fatally the scout, and he drops dead to the ground.
Only the Eladrin is left, and he knows. He tries to flee from the Genasi warrior, but he is soon met by a sword slash in his back, and then, struck by thunder as he gets away. And the last fey meets the ground.

Status and Initiative, COMBAT OVER!
-Ikni HP:9/31 S:2/11, AP:0
-Haruka HP:9/30 S:6/10 AP:0
-Lorik HP:0/29 S:2/11 AP:1
-Ironheart HP:21/35 S:13/13 AP:1
-Derien HP:10/26 S:6/9 AP:1

[sblock=ooc]Phew!! That took long! See, Twoheads, you nobody died! (well, no PC at least...)So what are you going to do now guys? I think I'll have to go back a couple of pages to check your wishlists...[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
After her post-combat ritual of cleaning and honoring her sword, Ikni looks carefully around the outside of the cabin.

ooc: I think the cabin was our goal; I'd have to go back and look to see exactly why. It might have been so we could rest, heh.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Phew!! That took long! See, Twoheads, you nobody died! (well, no PC at least...)So what are you going to do now guys? I think I'll have to go back a couple of pages to check your wishlists...[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]*cough* Heinrich *cough*

And yes cov, all we wanted was to sleep with a roof over our heads.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=cov]yes, you wanted a safe place to rest. Nothing particular around it. A couple of lit torches, the two small lights you could see from a distance. Tracks show clearly that there were at least two people keeping guard outside. Is Ikni gonna get in?
Btw, cov, I couldn't find a wishlist for Ikni, do you have something in mind or shall I make something up when the time comes?[/sblock]

Edit:[sblock=ooc]
*cough* Heinrich *cough*
Well, not (longer) a PC :p But yeah, you wanna go check up on him? :angel:[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Well, not (longer) a PC :p But yeah, you wanna go check up on him? :angel:[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I don't know if little miss "Lowest wisdom score (and therefore, lowest Heal skill) in the party" should be the one administering first aid. But I'll go see if he's bled out yet.[/sblock]

Haruka grins triumphantly as the elf falls in front of her, but her expression becomes passive as she looks around. She gives a slight but respectful bow to the wood woad. "Thank you for your assistance... sir? Things would have gone poorly if not for your arrival. I apologize for running off like this without performing proper introductions, but one of our companions has disappeared, and I fear the worst. So, if you'll excuse me..." Haruka takes a couple steps towards where she last saw Hienrich, then stops and turns back to the newcomer. "If you know how to bind wounds, and you don't mind helping even more than you already have, then he could probably use your aid." Regardless of the woad's response, Haruka heads over to check on Heinrich.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ironheart's eyes blaze again and it raises its axe to bring it crashing down towards Haruka! "ALL... must... DIE..." it croaks. But then her polite words get through to it, and it halts its killing stroke. It stares around at the carnage, and the savage light fades out of its eyes. The purple glow coming from the iron bar through its heart sinks back to a dull red.

"What... how..." Ironheart stares at the dead elves uncomprehendingly. "No! Not again!" he whispers as the axe falls from his hand. He stands still and rigid, staring towards the body of his victim, seemingly returned to the immobility of a regular plant.

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]No, it's okay.

Really.

I'll just sit here BLEEDING TO DEATH.

While I'm here, another death saving throw. 11.[/sblock]

Oops, looks like our time is going to run short. It seems as though your friends have slain your quarry.

So, I'm alive again? That's good, I guess.

Whether or not you will recover is solely up to me, Lorik, and right now I am disinclined to let you return to the realm of the living.

WHAT? Why?

Because you have displeased me. Because you have not given proper thanks for the gifts I have given you.

Gifts? I don't even know who you ARE.

Oh come on now, Lorik, now you're just being obstinant. There's only one person it ever could have been.

I will allow you to return to the world, Lorik, so long as you do this; pledge your life to me.

My life?

Yes, your miserable, pathetic, meaningless little life. Pledge it to me and to my service.

That's a pretty steep price, considering all I'd be getting is a couple more years of cold nights and empty stomachs.

This is not an option. You will pledge your life to me.

...Yes. Yes I will.

Say it.

I pledge my life to you.

SAY IT!

Lorik, though unconscious, manages to whisper a single word.

"...Merkari"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Ironheart's eyes blaze again and it raises its axe to bring it crashing down towards Haruka! "ALL... must... DIE..." it croaks. But then her polite words get through to it, and it halts its killing stroke. It stares around at the carnage, and the savage light fades out of its eyes. The purple glow coming from the iron bar through its heart sinks back to a dull red.

Haruka stiffens as the woad moves to attack, but doesn't stop talking until she's said what she had to say.

[sblock=ooc]
[sblock=OOC]No, it's okay.

Really.

I'll just sit here BLEEDING TO DEATH.

While I'm here, another death saving throw. 11.[/sblock]

Oh please, Derien can patch you up much better than I can. There's a reason I gave the potion to him, after all.

Besides, Haruka's ability to heal is pretty much limited to cauterizing wounds. Specifically, the wounds that she caused by setting people on fire. It's a vicious cycle.[/sblock]

Remove ads