RIP Morbius

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
John Carter suffers from the lead actor. hes just not that good of an actor
I do agree that Taylor Kitsch is a weak link in that movie. He's not overtly bad in it, but he just doesn't do much with the performance. It's a shame.

I might have to go see Morbius just so I can have an opinion about it! :LOL:

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I do agree that Taylor Kitsch is a weak link in that movie. He's not overtly bad in it, but he just doesn't do much with the performance. It's a shame.

Don't let that stop you, it pretty much stops nobody else. :D

Mad_Jack

Legend

That's actually the reason I've gone to see a lot of movies over the years that I wasn't originally interested in enough to bother watching in a theater... Particularly with films that are generating a lot of highly-polarized conversations about them.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
For another example, "John Wick" isn't a terrifyingly good name for a movie either, but...

Not only is the John Wick franchise constitute the greatest cinema ever known to humankind, it is, in fact, the equivalent to movies what Milton's Paradise Lost is to the epic.

That's right. Everyone else just needs to pack it up and go home. Do something else, like animated shorts or tiktok videos.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Not only is the John Wick franchise constitute the greatest cinema ever known to humankind, it is, in fact, the equivalent to movies what Milton's Paradise Lost is to the epic.

That's right. Everyone else just needs to pack it up and go home. Do something else, like animated shorts or tiktok videos.
All right, now who needs a 10,000 word essay for their hawt taak?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
All right, now who needs a 10,000 word essay for their hawt taak?

dont-threate-me-with-good-time-party.gif

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
But John Wick also had really good marketing. It's weird how things work sometimes in Hollywood. I remember "The Matrix" had a terrible marketing campaign and a confusing trailer- but it went on to become a movie that warped how action movies were shot for years afterwards.

OTOH, the best marketing can't save a bad movie. I'm of course referring to "Dutch Angle: The Motion Picture", also known as "Battlefield Earth".

I guess I'm alone in enjoying John Carter. I think I've seen it three times (which is at least three times more than most people). I am a sucker for space opera/sci-fi adventure, and I thought the movie was entertaining enough.
Hey now, I'm the one who brought it up in this very thread, by saying it was hugely maligned pre-release!

Yeah I was wondering if Morbius would get a Venom like viewers boost. Too much seems to be against them tho. Long delay on release, lesser known character, everyone on the planet except me hates Jared Leto...

Leto is fantastic in Blade Runner 2049, and My So-Called Life, and maybe some other things.

But he's also one of the easiest people in Hollywood to hate...

Remove ads