Votes: 12 16.7%
  • ★ Terrible

Votes: 8 11.1%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That “worst movie ever” hyperbolic nonsense just makes me disregard that person. Obviously this movie isn’t “garbage” or whatever, even if you don’t like it. It’s clearly an OK movie even if it didn’t follow the plot you’d already written in your head.

That “worst movie ever” hyperbolic nonsense just makes me disregard that person. Toxic fandom is a side of the internet I’m happy to ignore. Obviously this movie isn’t “garbage” or whatever, even if you don’t like it. It’s clearly an OK movie even if it didn’t follow the plot you’d already written in your head.

Man, the internet is broken. What nonsense.
I dont consider it anywhere near "the worst movie ever".

But its pretty clear they didnt put much thought into these latter movies. To the point where in some sequences of events and/or scenes its a complete copy with a new paint job.

This isnt toxic fandom. Nor do i think it ranks close to (imo) the worst movies, but i do think the latter movies are incredibly lazy. Am i not allowed to think they suck?

(Also far too many people think they are garbage for them to be "ok". The amount of people who think its garbage actually outnumber the population of the original fanbase. So its a bit hard for it to just be the original fans (plenty of which did like it. Its a mix))

Nebulous

Legend
Inventing new force powers in a Star Wars movie isn't a problem; it's tradition. It's how force powers get introduced. It would be weird if they didn't.

That's a good point. Now I wish we had even more canonical force powers.

Wait, what was introduced in Phantom - Revenge? I haven't seen those in a long time or tried to forget them. I know R2D2 can fly, does that count? Lol. That was new :)

That “worst movie ever” hyperbolic nonsense just makes me disregard that person. Toxic fandom is a side of the internet I’m happy to ignore. Obviously this movie isn’t “garbage” or whatever, even if you don’t like it. It’s clearly an OK movie even if it didn’t follow the plot you’d already written in your head.

Man, the internet is broken. What nonsense.
Right now the actual professional critics rotten tomatoes hires on are rating it in the 50s and they are signifficantly motivated to give it a good rating. Thats HORRIBAD. If you dont believe me check out rotten tomatoes.

Straight to the hyperbole again, eh? You’re allowed to think what you want. I’ll have my own opinion about the way you choose to express it.
What was hyperbolic? What level of dislike is considered "reasonable" while diverging from your personal assessment of the movie? Like...whats your measuring stick? I never said anything about it being the worst movie ever. That was you being hyperbolic.

Consider how your post that i initially replied to is worded.

Most of the post i made that it was referencing was meant to be humorous (ani says he hates sand and its a huge meme btw)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Right now the actual professional critics rotten tomatoes hires on are rating it in the 50s and they are signifficantly motivated to give it a good rating. Thats HORRIBAD. If you dont believe me check out rotten tomatoes.
Nah; I’m only interested in what I and what we in this current conversation think about it. We don’t need to outsource our opinions. I’m sure we can muster the wherewithal to form our own. :)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Right now the actual professional critics rotten tomatoes hires on are rating it in the 50s and they are signifficantly motivated to give it a good rating.
No they aren't.

If anything, critics are motivated to give extreme ratings in order to generate clicks. Middle of the road reviews are bad for their business model.

No thanks. I’m only interested in I and what we in this conversation think about it.
Ok. shrug

I got my opinion and you got yours.

You think mine is hyperbolic. Cool. I dont think yours is.

Though i think your opinion of my opinion is hyperbolic and assumes an awful lot.

I guess only the time (10 years maybe?) will tell how good people really eventually settle on thinkinv the movie is when given a general comparison and time for the culture to really digest it.

"Right now the actual professional critics rotten tomatoes hires on are rating it in the 50s and they are signifficantly motivated to give it a good rating. Thats HORRIBAD. If you dont believe me check out rotten tomatoes."
If anything, critics are motivated to give extreme ratings in order to generate clicks. Middle of the road reviews are bad for their business model.
Yeah? I alluded to that. With star wars its specifically motivation for extremely good ratings.

I was saying that its bad enough that it has caused them to get into the middle region in spite of the motivation to be at the extremes (in this case AN extreme though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads