Rise of the Necromancer IC

Queenie

Queen of Everything
“I think Sam is over there ma’am” the younger girl answered Lola as she pointed over to a man sitting by the fire reading a book.

Hearing his name Sam lower’s the book and looks at the new arrivals. “I am Sam Grainfeld, and you are right I’m the owner, operator of this establishment, what can I do for you on this fine morning?” Sam got up slowly, his aging body not responding to his minds commands as quickly as it used to, but he politely bowed his head as soon as he was standing.

"It's a pleasure, Mr. Grainfeld," Lola said, reaching out to hand to greet him. "I'm new in town, and looking for a respectable place to stay long term. I've been sent here," she smiled. "Do you happen to have any rooms available?"

eayres33

Explorer
Sam smiles, “Business has been good, but it hasn’t been that good, I do have a couple rooms still available.”

Sam looks from Lola, to Casca, before looking back at Lola, “So how many rooms and what type are you looking for? I have a few single rooms, and then I have a suite. A bedroom with a small sitting room, best kept rooms in Crevasse City.”

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: I'm assuming Casca stayed outside, that would raise a lot of questions. Then again, I suppose he could be my "brother" lol.

Lola responded with a blush, "While I would love the luxury of a suite, I am but a mere teacher and afraid I could not afford that long term. A simple room for me, thank you."

"Speaking of, do you have any idea where I could inquire about a teaching position? The sooner I find a job here, the better."

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
The Inn

Sam nodded his head, “A simple room it is. A room is 8sp a day, I let you pay in the morning but you don’t get a second night until the first is paid for.”

“A teaching position, well I guess it depends on what you are teaching. There is the military academy but something tells me that isn’t what you are looking for. There is Analty College for those seeking hirer education and then there is the youngling school just a few blocks down the road.”

GM:
The Crypt
So you have the Amulet, you can do some scouting on Reign, or something else. If I don’t get anything else from you guys I will set up a scouting mission tomorrow.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Oh, I'm just a simple teacher, I just love the younglings." Lola tried not to gag at her own words as she said this. She thanked Sam with a smile and excused herself.

She quickly made work of gathering her belongings from the hotel, leaving a note at the front desk for the others where she'd be staying before she left. After moving her things over to the boarding house she set out into town.

She briefly walked past the school Sam had mentioned to her, again trying not to winch at the sounds of the children. She then proceeded to find the area where the Order of the Verity was located. She spend some time in the area "browsing" shops, but really keeping her eyes open, watching for comings and goings of the order, in particular seeing if she could spot Reign.

eayres33

Explorer
Lola (and Casca)

The city was buzzing with activity, as most of the people seemed preoccupied with their daily work. The sea of people parted for a moment as a line of ten people dressed in chain mail and carrying the flags of the Order of Verity marched through the town square and headed towards the walls.

The Crypt Crew

After retrieving the amulet with plenty of sunlight left in the day the group moved on towards scouting the Temple of Verity. Calling it a temple wasn’t that accurate as it was a sprawling compound with its own walls, guard towers and gates. A small town inside the larger city.

'We could. But I think we have what we need to complete the task at hand.
Lothoc makes a quick scan of the 'Temple'
Also I would hate to be searched at this point in time for... Obvious reasons

Remove ads