D&D 5E Rogues' Gallery Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Quickleaf

Legend
Post your characters for Witcher: Mother of Monsters here!

OOC Thread
RP Thread

[MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION] Kynee Human (quadroon) / criminal / Witcher (cat school) 3
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] Talashia Human / sage / Source (storm) 3
[MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION] Fergus Llew Gawain Human / soldier / Witcher (griffon school) 3
[MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION] Elora Orlaith Half-Elf / hermit / Source (wise lineage) 3
[MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION] Tamaran Wood Elf / outlander / Scout (beast covenant) 3
[MENTION=6672752]Aramalian[/MENTION] Barakor Bloodbarrow Mountain Dwarf / city guard / Paladin (oath of vengeance) 3

[SBLOCK=Retired PCs]
[MENTION=6787159]Skarsgard[/MENTION] Darius Smithson Human / folk hero / Scout (hunter) 3
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] Ethian Human (quadroon) / sage / Druid (circle of the moon) 3
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Skarsgard

Explorer
Darius Smithson

Name: Darius Smithson
Class: Ranger 3 (Scout)
Background: Folk Hero
Race: Human (Variant)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Languages: Common, Elder Speech

HP: 36
Hit dice: 3d10+6
Passive Perception: 15
Passive investigation: 13
AC: 16[17] (Breastplate)[Dual Wielder]
Initiative: +2
Speed: 35'

Saving Throws:
* Str 6
* Dex 4
Con 2
Int 1
Wis 3
Cha 0

Base Stats
Strength: 18 (+4) Dexterity: 14 (2) Constitution: 14 (+2) Intelligence: 12 (1) Wisdom: 16 (+3) Charisma: 10 (0)

Skills
Acrobatics +2
*Animal Handling +5
Arcana +1
Athletics +4
Deception0
History +1
Insight +3
Intimidation 0
*Investigation +3
Medicine +3
*Nature +3
*Perception +5
Performance 0
Persuasion 0
Religion +1
Slight of Hand +2
*Stealth +4
*Survival +5

* = proficiency

Other Proficiencies:
Armor: All light and medium armour, shields
Weapons: All simple and martial weapons
Tools: Smiths Tools
Vehicles: Vehicles (Land)

Feat: Dual Wielder
Attacks
Melee: +6
Ranged: +4

Weapons:
Twin Weapons:
Elven Scimitar To Hit +7 Damage 1d6+5/S
Hand axe To Hit +6 Damage 1d6+4/S

Short bow To Hit +4 Damage 1d6+2/P

Equipment:
Breastplate, Helm, Gauntlets (Bonus Starting Gear)
Compass to elven grave.
Short bow
20 Arrows
1 Quiver
Explorer's Pack
-Backpack, Blanket, Bedroll, Mess kit, Tinderbox, 10 torches, 7d rations, water skin, 50ft hemp rope
Hand axes x2
Smiths Tools
Oil x2
Mirror Steel
Common Clothes
Whetstone
Sacks x2
Belt Pouch

Coins: 32 gp 5 sp

Features and Traits:
Rustic Hospitality
Defining Event:
Natures Explorer – Forest
Sign Language
Scouting
Fighting Style – Twin Weapon
Poultices (3)
Scouts Movement
Ranger Archetype – Hunter (Colossal Slayer)
Primeval Awareness (once per S/L rest)
Combat Superiority (4d8) – Parry, Menacing Stike

Background Info
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 225 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Tanned
Hair: Brown

Defining Event: A celestial, fey, or similar creature gave me a blessing or revealed my secret origin.
Personality Traits:
  • If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to lend help.
  • I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Ideals: Respect. People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. (Good)
Bonds: I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Flaws: The tyrant who rules my land will stop at nothing to see me killed.

Character Backstory: [sblock=a bit of a read, sorry]
The doe’s ears flicked slightly as Darius shifted his position to take the strain of the bow. He had been tracking the deer for close to three hours now and these final few moments would determine the success or failure of the venture. Breathing slowly he sighted just behind the doe’s front leg where he knew the heart was, where he knew he could make the swiftest and most pain free kill. This is where he belonged, in the forest at one with the land; how would he tell his father that the forge was not where his heart lay?

Not that he was ungrateful for the trade, but he did not have his father’s love for the flow of hot metal and the creation of items from raw ingredient, sweat and strength. The forge had molded his own frame and at sixteen he was taller and stronger than all but the largest of men. However, his love was the quiet of the forest and the peace he felt with being one with nature.

The doe stiffened, snapping his attention to the present. He cocked his head and listened, the hunt forgotten as he heard faint screams and shouts coming from the west. Swiftly he ran through the forest, weaving between the pines he could hear the sounds closing.

Suddenly a small terrified looking elven boy rushed past a pine and ran straight at Darius. The boy was on the verge of collapse from exhaustion, his chest heaving as his lung fought to draw in more air. There was a look of terror on his face as he saw the large human and he fell to the ground with a look of utter dejection and despair on his face. Behind him, four mounted men rode into the clearing laughing as they brandished swords and spears.

The riders were quite young and Darius could tell from their attire they were from wealthy families, he knew of none such here in Aedrin, but a humble smiths apprentice wouldn’t be expected to rub shoulders with gentry. Looking down at the shaking boy Darius purposefully strode past him until he was between the men and the boy.

“Sirs,” he tipped his peak hat deferentially. “I think the boy has had enough.”

One of the riders moved closer, his shirt was made of some shiny green material and his sword looked well made, he was obviously the son of someone of note and Darius felt his stomach clench as he considered his actions. The bundle at his feet shuffled behind him, whimpering and looking down Darius could now see blood seeping from a cut to his shoulder.
“Stand aside peasant,” the lordling looked back at his friends and they laughed their encouragement. “This filth is ours to claim. Move away or you will share its fate.”

Anger became a fire inside Darius and the fear he felt before melted as his rage rose. “HE is just a boy, milord. I think you sirs have had enough sport for the day. Ride home now.”

The laugh left the nobles face, it hardened in anger and his grip tightened on his sword.
“Or what?” he smiles, but the smile was cold and laced with malice.

Darius dropped his bow and drew his handaxe and large hunting knife. Raising himself to his full height he stared the rider in the eye all fear gone and a hardened resolve settling on his face.
“You do not want to know.” He rumbled in his deep voice.

The riders were all alert now, looking to their leader for direction. The mounts, picking up on the tenseness of the situation, became skittish, shuffling about with their ears flicking, searching for sign of what had made their riders agitated.

“Do you really want to die for that vermin?”

Darius shrugged, “I may die but you will not get to him while I live.”

The leader snarled and raised his sword to swing down, as he did Darius leapt forwards waving his arms and yelling loudly. The already skittish horses reared and whinnied in fear some of them dumping the riders and others fighting their riders for control. Darius stood back and watched the lead rider get to his feet and snatch his sword from the ground.

“No one needs to get hurt here,” Darius suggested hopefully but knew that it was a vain hope.

The swordsman charged with a roar and Darius moved in catching the sword with his axe as his hunting knife slammed into the rider’s side. As his opponent stiffened with pain, he swung his axe over the man’s head and cut in behind his knee severing the tendons. With a scream of agony the man collapsed as his leg could no longer support him.

Stepping back Darius motioned to the others.

“Gather your friend and leave!” he ordered.

The youths looked at each other and their friend one of them sheathed his blade and moved to his fallen comrade who was groaning with pain, “Kill him!” he rasped.

Before the others could move several figures emerged from behind trees, bows drawn and aimed at the humans in the clearing. Hard eyes surveyed the group and the boy cried out and ran towards a figure dressed in emerald green robes standing back from the archers.

Darius dropped his weapons knowing that if the elves so chose, he would be dead. He watched as the boy spoke with the robed figure and had to admit the rapid sing-song of the language was quite beautiful. The riders around him dropped their weapons at the prompting of one of the elves. Now there appeared to be close to twenty of the archers around them and there was no escape for the humans.

The robed figure moved into the clearing it was an elven man, but unlike the others he seemed to have an almost otherworldly serene look about him and Darius felt a tug on his soul as he looked upon the fey figure. Standing before Darius the elf looked him up and down and smiled.

“You saved my son,” the elf’s voice was melodic, almost musical. “Any boon you would wish of me you can have.”

Darius almost sighed with relief but then noticed the looks of fear in the eyes of the youths. There was no doubt as to their fate; the archers hadn’t moved a muscle since entering the clearing.

“Thank you, milord,” Darius was well aware of how guttural his own voice sounded in comparison to this beings. “I would just ask you let them live, enough blood has been shed between our peoples and maybe mercy can temper some of their hearts.”

The beautiful elf frown slightly and Darius found himself on the verge of tears that something should mar the perfection of his features.

“Are you sure? I think you will get no thanks from those and I think your life here is over if they live.”

“Fighting a man in battle is one thing, but I cannot sanction murder of unarmed men. It just doesn’t sit right with me.”

The elf smiled and placed his hand over Darius’ heart, “You have a great heart. May it always remain so. However, I cannot leave you to the mercies of these people so I offer you sanctuary amongst my own, courage like yours should be preserved.”

For the next five years, Darius lived amongst the elves learning of their language and ways. The elves gifted him with armour crafted for his stature and he found himself drawn to the Scioa'tael and became the first know human member of that group. Fighting for the rights of the downtrodden just felt right for the former smith.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Name: Kynee Class: Witcher (School of the Cat) Background: Criminal Race: Human (Quadroon) Alignment: Neutral Languages: Common, Nilfgaardian, Dwarven

HP: 37/39
Hit dice: 3d10+9
Passive Perception: 13
Passive investigation: 12
AC: 15
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30'
Proficiency bonus +3

Attributes
Strength: 14 (+2)
Dexterity: 17 (+3)
Constitution: 17 (+3)
Intelligence: 14 (+2)
Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Charisma: 14 (+2)

Saving Throws:
Str +2
*Dex +5
*Con +5
Int +2
Wis +3
Cha +2

Skills
*Acrobatics +5
Animal Handling +3
Arcana +2
Athletics +2
*Deception +4
History +1
*Insight +5
Intimidation +2
Investigation +1
Medicine +3
Nature +1
Perception +3
Performance +2
Persuasion +2
Religion +1
Sleight of Hand +3
*Stealth +5
Survival +3

* = proficiency

Other Proficiencies:
Armor: All light and medium armour Weapons: All simple and martial weapons Tools: Herbalism kit, thieves tools, forgery kit Gaming: Gwent

Weapons:
Rapier: To Hit: +5 Damage: 1d8+3/P
Finesse

Dagger: To Hit: +5 Damage: 1d4+3/P
Finesse, light, thrown (20/60)

Silver Longsword: To Hit: +4 Damage: 1d8+2/S
Silvered, versatile (1d10)

Equipment:
Studded leather (black), rapier, dagger, silver longsword.
Crowbar, black clothes, thieves tools, herbalism kit.
Backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 7 days of rations and a waterskin. 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
Strange antlers: The antler belongs to a very large creature and is burnished with black streaks unlike any buck you've seen.

Witcher potions
Toxicity: 0
White Rafford's Decoction I [potion of healing]
Thunderbolt [potion of hill giant strength]
Cat [see heat signatures, even through walls. 60' range, 1 hour]

Coins:
15 gp

Features and Traits:
Background
Criminal contact: Access to a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as liaison to a network of other criminals. Kynee knows how to get messages to and from hercontact, even over great distances; specifically, the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages.
Criminal specialty: Smuggler
Personality: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Ideal: Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them.
Bond: My ill-gotten gains go to support my cause.
Flaw: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I’m okay with that.

Class:
The Witcher's Code.
Mutant: Darkvision to 60', extended lifespan, witcher potions, infertile, unnatural appearance
The Medallion: A silver cat medallion, worn around her neck. Gives the ability to sense monsters within 30' (some shape shifting exceptions), without pinpoint knowledge. Gives the ability to sense magic within 30', without detailed knowledge.
Witcher alchmey: Able to brew witcher potions with time, rare ingredients and access to herbalism kit.
Witcher signs (DC13): Combat action, somatic component to activate. Heliotrope, Axii.
Combat superiority (4d8, DC = 10+Str or Dex attribute bonus): [sblock=Parry] Use a reaction and spend a superiority dice to reduce melee hit damage by dice + Dex modifier[/sblock] [sblock=Menacing Strike] Spend a superiority die after a weapon hit - add superiority roll to damage, target must make Wis save or frigtened of me until end of my next turn[/sblock]

Background Info
Height: 5’4”
Weight: 110 lbs.
Eyes: Grey
Skin: Alabaster
Hair: Long, platinum blond
Description and demeanour:
[sblock]
Kynee is lithe and wiry. Despite her small size and petite frame, she is surprisingly strong and tough. Her Witcher mutations have enhanced some of the elfin features of her face, giving her wide almond shaped eyes and sharper ear tips than are common even amongst other quadroons. Her skin is also noticeably more pale than her peers.

Kynee carries herself with confidence. Not a swaggering bravado, but a quiet certainty of her own confidence.

Socially, she is terse to the point of abruptness and rudeness. Having spent a great deal of time alone, and ostracised when amongst people, she never learned the basics of social niceties and small talk.

If it weren't for the predator's gleam in her eyes, Kynee could meet the worlds' standard for beautiful. You would need balls of steel to run her gauntlet though!
[/sblock]

Character Backstory: [sblock]

Twelve years. That's how long it's been since I was taken from the bowels of what used to by Stygga Citadel by Maestro Declan Thru'ath. I was ready for the monsters, but not for life. How could you be, fenced off from the world and not given anything close to a normal childhood?

I wouldn't know my parents if I passed them in the street. They probably wouldn't know me either, for that matter. Or want to know me. They were not from Nilfgaard, I can tell that much. Even Witcher mutations can't explain quite how different I am. The Northern Kingdoms, without a doubt, would be my ancestral homeland. If I had one...

The Maestro left me to my devices near the northern border, once upon a time. It doesn't feel like more than a decade, but the change in normal men and women means it probably has been. I wasn't ready. Damned if I would sell my weapons for food, in the end, I couldn't even sell my own body. Brione Fingel was my saviour, in some respects. She gave me a way to make money, so simple, really. Just take this package to this town. Pickup another and take it over there. Nobody ever stops to talk to a Witcher, or wants to look in their pack. Maybe they think I carry a troll's head around with me? Best of all, I can still carry out my oaths and duty. Nobody can say I have walked away from a contract, nor will they. My oath to the Maestro is still my life.

Three years. That's how long it's been since I met Talashia. For once, someone had taken an interest in me. I'd been taken to the watchouse of some two-bit town for questioning. I think the guards were worried I would bring an entourage of monsters along to justify my existince, and they took my kit. For precuations, the weasel officer said.

Then it got dark. In the middle of the day. Unnatural, and unusual. The wind built, quickly... And then the roof was gone, and some of the walls with it! Just like that, the watchouse was nothing more than kindling. I grabbed my gear and left. As quickly as the storm came - never look a gift horse in the mouth. I think they strung up some schmuck scapegoat after. Can't have property damaged and nobody to blame...

Outside, at the middle of it all was Talashia. Monster? No. Just a woman, like me. She seemed half frightened and half angry at the world. I'd say it was love at first sight, but I don't think of our relationship that way. Maybe we saw a kindred spirit in each other? Another poor soul that had been chosen by destiny for some task they never asked for or wanted.

We've kept in touch since. As it turns out, we should have run into each other years ago. If I didn't know any better, I might say it was the gods' determination that we met under those circumstances.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Adding the backstory and other flavor stuff, but here's the mechanics.

Talashia
Neutral Human Source 3

Str 11
Dex 17 (+1 racial, +1 feat)
Con 14
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 17 (+1 racial)

[sblock=Description]
r6wlg5.jpg
[/sblock]

HP 24
AC 13 (10 + 3 dex)
Prof Bonus +2
Init +3

Race
Variant Human
+1 Dex, +1 Cha
Size: Medium
Bonus Feat
Bonus skill prof

Class
Source
Innate Magic
- No material components used unless they are costly
- Radiate magic
- Detect Magic at will
Spellcasting
Font of Magic
- Sorcery Points: 3
Metamagic
- Empower Spell
- Subtle Spell
Sorcerous Origin: Storm
- Tempestuous Magic (Fly 10' without OA as bonus act when cast leveled spell)
- Bonus spells

Proficiencies
Armor: None
Weapons: Simple
Tools: None
Saves: Con, Cha, Dex
Languages: Common, Nilfgaardian, Gnomish

[sblock=Background]
Sage
Skills: Arcana, History
Languages: Nilfgaardian, Gnomish
Specialty: Wizard's Apprentice
Feature: Researcher
Ideal: Knowledge of magic is the key to the perfection of self.
Bond: I have been searching for a secret that could put me on the path to immortality.
Flaw: I'm quick-tempered and I don't suffer fools, but I'm not as smart as I think I am.[/sblock]

Skills
Arcana +3
Deception +5
History +3
Persuasion +5
Insight +3

Feats
- Resilient (Dexterity)

Spellcasting (Save DC 13)
Slots 1 - 4, 2 - 2
Cantrips
- Ray of Frost
- Shocking Grasp
- Light
1 - Fog Cloud, Thunderwave, Witch Bolt, Shield, Feather Fall
2 - Gust of Wind, Levitate, Mirror Image

Equipment
Cash: 10gp

Weapons
Quarterstaff +2 atk, 1d6 dmg (1d8 versatile)
Windsong (dagger), +5 atk, 1d4+3 magic dmg, thrown 20
Daggerx2, +5 atk, 1d4+3 dmg, thrown 20

Armor
None

Gear
Explorer pack
1 bottle ink
Quill
Knife
Letter
Belt Pouch
Trinket

Magic
Windsong (Dagger Weapon of Warning; adv on Initiative, party is immune to surprise)

[sblock=Herstory]Talashia was born amidst destruction, and has wrestled with its touch on her every moment of her life. The lightning that struck at the moment of her birth destroyed her family's home and killed her mother and midwife, leaving only her alive and unharmed. Her father's struggle with raising the girl were only made harder when strange magical effects began to surface around her. In the end, it was too much for him. Hurting from the loss, hurting from the money needed to repair and recover, and hurting from the fear of his preternatural child, he made a choice he might have cause to regret in time. A witcher passing through, looking for recruits, was willing to pay coin to him to take the young girl away.

He didn't know what he was getting though. The training of a witcher is hard, designed to test mind and body and spirit. It's meant to break the trainee, so they can be reassembled into something new. But when Talashia broke, she broke other things as well. The magic within her quickened, and a storm was unleashed upon the unfortunate witchers and trainees. During the chaos, Talashia panicked and fled. She was recovered quickly however.

There was some debate on what to do with her, but it was decided to give possession of the girl to the Conclave of Sorceresses. There she came under the tutelage of a wizard woman named Sonja; a stern taskmistress who met Talashia's temper and magical flares with iron control and discipline. Though their relationship was rocky at times, Talashia grew to respect and trust the wizardess. In hindsight it seems certain that Sonja's interest in Talashia was not purely altruistic...she was interested in capturing or harnessing some of the wild, raw dynamo of magic power that seethed inside her. But those plans never came to fruition.

The small enclave of sorcerors was betrayed from within; the local townsfolk stirred to violence by the machinations of Jelas, who then disrupted the glamours that concealed them from passerbys. She had joined only recently, and it seemed had done so in pursuit of some potent magic that Sonja had possessed in secret. In the chaos of the attack, Jelas took what she was after and absconded. Sonja herself ensured Talashia escaped, giving her an enchanted knife that would warn her of danger and telling her to get clear and go to another place in the mountains.

Talashia obeyed, but Sonja never came to meet her at the mountain retreat. She maintains a distant relationship with the Conclave of Sorceresses even now, but after Jelas she is wary of them. Talashia wandered for a time, unsure what to do with her life. Things came into sharper focus during an incident when she was caught by witch-hunters and would have been killed had she not suffered another surge, which destroyed much of the prison and gave her a chance to escape with the aid of a fellow ex-captive. That close brush with death convinced her that the power within her could be mastered and grown, and provide a key to escape death for good.

It was from a contact with the Conclave that Talashia learned of another new Source who needed help. Talashia had some deeply personal reasons to get herself involved in that, despite normally being of a more mercenary bent, and agreed to help escort her to the elves, where sanctuary awaited. Of course, the promise of meeting the ancient, reclusive race and perhaps earning enough goodwill to study some of their secrets was a powerful lure on its own...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Fergus Llew Gawain
Fergus.jpg
Height 6’ 2”; Weight 210# ; Hair:Blond. ; Age 20; Patron Deity:
Sex: Male Race: Human Class: Witcher (Griffin School)
Alignment: Lawful Good Size: Medium Type: Humanoid
Init +2; Passive Wisdom (Perception) 13 (Advantage on Initiative and Perception)
Languages : Common, Skellige

AC 18 (Armor 14, +2 Dex, +2 Shield)
HP 36 (HD: 10 + 6 CON )
Saving Throw Proficiencies: Constitution, Dexterity
Speed 30ft.
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Special Actions
Combat gear: None

Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14 , Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 12
STR 15, DEX 14, CON 13, INT 13, WIS 13, CHA 12
Racial Traits: +1 to Any two Stats, 1 Feat, 1 proficiency
Background: Soldier
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics and Intimidation
Tool Proficiencies: Gaming Set (Gwent), Vehicles (land)
Equipment: Gwent set, common clothes, belt pouch with 10 gp
Feature:

Personality Trait: I am confident in my own abilities, and do what I can to instill confidence in others
Bond: I fight to make the world safer for those who can not face the dangers
Ideal: Greater Good (Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others
Flaw: To cope with the stress I often overindulge in hard alchohol

Class Features:
Mutant (Immune to disease, darkvision 60 ft, extended lifespan)
The Medallion (Detect presence of monsters within 30 ft, action to sense magic within 30 ft)
Witcher Alchemy (
Witcher School
Witcher Signs
Combat Superiority (4 superiority dice, 2 maneuvers)
School Feature (Proficiency with shields)

Class Proficiencies: Armor: Light, Medium Armor, Shields
Weapons: All Simple and Martial Weapons
Tools: Herbalism Kit
Saving throws: Constitution, Dexterity
Skills: Choose 2 from Acrobatics, Arcana, Athletics, Insight, Intimidation, Investigation,
Nature, Perception, Stealth, Survival

Combat Maneuvers (4 superiority dice, d8)
Precision Attack. When you make a weapon attack roll against a creature, you can expend one superiority die to add it to the roll. You can use this maneuver before or after making the attack roll, but before any effects o f the attack are applied.

Shield Swipe. When you hit a target while wielding a shield, you can spend a superiority die to
deal extra damage equal to the number rolled. In addition, your AC increases by an amount
equal to the number rolled against only the target you just attacked until the start of your next
turn.

Witcher Signs: Casting a Sign is an action that requires a free hand, requiring only a somatic gesture. Each has three uses: an at-will effect, a combat application, and an empowered effect which becomes available at 7th level. Firstly, there is no limit to how often you can use the at-will effect of a Sign. Secondly, when you use a Sign for combat, it is expended and can only be recharged by concentrating for a full round; each round you concentrate for allows you to recharge one Sign you’ve expended. The maximum number of times you can recharge Signs is equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1); after this you need to take a short or long rest before you can recharge Signs again. Thirdly, once you reach 7th level you may empower the Sign you’re currently casting by expending the use of another Sign.
HELIOTROPE: Heliotrope is a simple ward against magic and spells based on the absence of elements. At-Will Effect: As a reaction when a spell or magical effect would force you to move, you reduce the forced movement by 10 feet.
Combat Effect: As a reaction when a spell or magical effect targets you, either the attack roll is disadvantaged or your saving throw is advantaged.
Empowered Effect: In addition to the combat effect, you gain resistance to any damage caused by the magic or spell.

YRDEN: Yrden draws power from the fifth element of aether, creating a magical trap on the ground to
snare your enemies.
At-Will Effect: Choose an object within 10 feet of you. You can decipher a discrete magical
inscription on that object that would otherwise be unintelligible, including a spell, a line of
mystical runes, the name of a specific glyph or symbol, etc. Decipher this writing does not
invoke the magic contained in it.
Combat Effect: You place a fixed magical ward in a 10 foot diameter circle around you that is
invisible to normal senses and lasts for as long as you concentrate on it, up to 1 minute. There
are two versions of this ward that you may place:
• Radiant Ward: The next creature hostile to you that enters the area triggers the ward, and
must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 2d6 radiant
damage and is restrained until the end of its next turn, and on a successful save the creature
takes half as much damage. Once triggered, the ward ends.
• Magic Ward: Monsters normally resistant to nonmagical weapons can be affected normally

within the area of the ward, and they treat the area within the ward as difficult terrain.
Empowered Effect: The radiant ward deals 5d6 radiant damage instead and the creature is
stunned instead of restrained. The magic ward applies to monsters normally immune to
nonmagical weapons, they cannot take bonus actions or reactions within the ward, and
projectiles fired into or thru the warded area are destroyed.

Feats:
Shield Master. You use shields not just for protection but also for offense. You gain the following benefits while you are wielding a shield:
• If you take the Attack action on your turn, you can usea bonus action to try to shove a creature within 5 feet o f you with your shield.
• If you aren’t incapacitated, you can add your shield’s AC bonus to any Dexterity saving throw you make against a spell or other harmful effect that targets only you.
• If you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you can use your reaction to take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, interposing your shield between yourself and the source o f the effect.

Skills (P proficiency)
+2 Acrobatics
+1 Animal Handling
+1 Arcana
+5 Athletics P
+1 Deception
+1 History
+3 Insight P
+3 Intimidation P
+3 Investigation P
+1 Medicine
+1 Nature
+3 Perception P
+1 Performance
+1 Persuasion
+1 Religion
+2 Sleight of Hand
+2 Stealth
+1 Survival

Herbalism Kit

Equipment:
Scale Armor
Longsword
Silver Longsword
Sentinel Shield (advantage on Initiative and Perception)
Dungeoneers pack

Background: Fergus Llew Gawain was born in the Skellige Islands. Even before he was born he had been claimed by a Witcher. His father, a local lord, was plagued by a troll. Witcher Judoc answered the reward offer. After he had killed and burned the troll, Judoc collected his payment and was to leave (rather stridently asked), the troll’s tribe descended from the highlands for revenge. Lord Gawain offered anything for Judoc to stop the rampage that had already claimed two entire villages. Judoc invoked the ancient price “that which you have but do not know”. Judoc, of the Bear school, took a methodical approach, using several living sheep to lure the trolls into an oil soaked house. After locking them in and burning them alive, Judoc used acid to finish the job.

Several years later Judoc came back to claim his price, a young lad full of promise. With the Bear school destroyed by Raghnall, Judoc took Fergus down to the Amell mountains, far from his home to be trained in the Griffin school. There Fergus was subjected to the harsh trials of the Witcher. He survived and thrived in the school, learning the style of the Griffins well. He did so well that he was awarded an ancient heirloom of the Griffin’s, a special shield designed to empower the wielder with the awareness of the griffin. With few Witchers left, the heirlooms are more available to be given to the few who pass the trials.

After his trials, the skin of the young Skellian began to manifest strange marks. As he passed further trials and grew in age, the marks grew darker and more clear. As a young man, the marks became clear. Fergus’ back, chest, legs and arms were covered in runes. Ancient runes that no one in the school could read. He was referred to the Owl school, but hasn’t taken the time to head there. No one knows if these runes provide a message, grant the witchering powers or some other effect.

Once he survived all the trials, and had been trained in all the techniques of a Witcher, Fergus set out to earn his living as a Witcher. Fergus started out small, taking a few contracts in the mountains to hunt down some pesky nekkers. With some experience and coin, Fergus traveled north as it seemed that was where there were more monsters, or at least reports of monsters as the Nilfgaardians don’t let much information travel.

After wandering from village to village for some time, he came across a small village in the Posada region looking to hire a witcher. They claimed to have a hag living in the woods who had cursed the village.

Fergus went to the cottage, but saw none of the other signs of a hag, other than her appearance. Fergus approached Melora/the hag and asked to speak with her, Melora was hesitant at first, knowing she looked like a hag and that the Witcher had been sent to kill her. But as she found the Witcher to not be in a hurry to kill her, and indeed to accept her as a person not as a hag. They spent the day talking and drinking tea. By the end of the day a friendship was formed. Together they decided to track down the source of the curse.

Together they ventured further into the woods, finding evidence of rot and sticky sweet saps in the trees. They both suspected a black annis and their fears held true when they found the candy house in a tree. The annis had cast the curse to force the children to wander into the woods to find food and make them easier to capture. Together they were able to slay the monster after a long battle. As the blood of the black annis sprayed onto Melora as it died, she began to change. The curse was lifted and her rightful appearance was restored. Despite his Witcher’s training to be free of emotion, Fergus could do nothing as he stared at the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. After a few minutes of staring, Melora asked him if he had been turned to stone by the annis. Chagrinned, Fergus blushed and they both laughed. The death of the annis lifted the curse on the region.

Despite the fact that Witchers most often travel alone, Fergus could not resist the opportunity to stay nearer this amazing woman. Together they traveled the region and took a few more jobs. Melora actually found the latest job. While it wasn’t a traditional Witcher job, it wasn’t against the code so Fergus felt he could take it. They were to escort a local girl to safety among the elves.

Fergus suspects, but does not know that there may have been another hag or two who were part of a coven with the hag they killed.

Appearance: Fergus is a tall, muscular man. Much of the Skellige Islands has faded from his mannerisms and speech, but there is still a bit of burr in his speech, and a fondness for the dress of the Islands. His blond hair hangs to his shoulders. Fergus is seldom seen without his shield, a symbol of his school, style and self.
Personality: Fergus usually has the reserved demeanor of a Witcher. There are times though that the Skellige passion arises. Some of that is the strength of the Skellige in him, some of it is his youth. In that vein, he most often approaches monsters and problems with a dispassionate, studious aloofness. But whether the Skellige or the nobility of the Griffins, he sometimes acts quite rashly, charging in heedless of danger.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Elora Vasesso

Elora.jpg

Name: Elora Vasesso

Alternate Name (which she is unaware): Princess Orlaith (golden princess), third daughter of Pavetta

Height 5’ 8”; Weight 138# ; Hair:Blond/White ; Age 21; Patron Deity:
Sex: Female
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Source (Wise Lineage)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Size: Medium Type: Humanoid
Init +3; Passive Wisdom (Perception) 15
Languages : Common, Elder Speech, Skelligian

AC 13
HP 27 (HD: 6 + 9 CON )
Saving Throw Proficiencies: Constitution, Charisma
Speed 30ft.
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Special Actions
Combat gear: None

Abilities
Str 11
Dex 16
Con 16
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 20

Racial Traits: +1 to Any two Stats,+2 Cha,
Darkvision 60ft.,
Advantage on saving throws against being charmed and magic can’t put you to sleep,
Proficiency in two skills, +1 Language
Background: Hermit
Skill Proficiencies: Medicine and Religion
Tool Proficiencies: Herbalism Kit
Equipment: A scroll case stuffed with notes, a winter blanket, a set of common clothes, an herbalism kit, 5 gp
Feature: Discovery

Personality Trait:
Bond: Sacred Relic
Ideal:
Flaw:

Class Features:
Innate Magic: Don’t need components, magical aura, cast detect magic at will.
Sorcerous Bloodline: Wise Lineage
Source Weakness:
Spellcasting
Rituals
Proficiency with Herbalism Kit
Way of the Wise: At 1st level, you gain proficiency with the herbalism kit and you can perform rituals.
Curative Forensics: [SBLOCK]At 1st level, when you use a spell to cure a creature or remove a condition from a creature, you
also get a glimpse of whatever creature or effect caused the damage or condition, learning the
general appearance of the creature, the damage type of the wound or condition, and how long
ago the wound or condition was inflicted. Additionally, when you attempt to diagnose a
disease or identify a magical curse, your corresponding check is advantaged.[/SBLOCK]

Font of Magic: 3 Sorcery Points, Flexible Casting -
Metamagic:

Class Proficiencies: Armor: None
Weapons: Simple Weapons
Tools: None
Saving throws: Constitution, Charisma
Skills: Choose 2 from Arcana, Deception, Insight, Intimidation, Nature and Persuasion

Skills (P proficiency)
+3 Acrobatics
+1 Animal Handling
+3 Arcana P
+0 Athletics
+5 Deception
+1 History
+1 Insight
+5 Intimidation
+1 Investigation
+3 Medicine P
+3 Nature P
+1 Perception
+5 Performance
+5 Persuasion
+3 Religion P
+3 Sleight of Hand
+3 Stealth
+1 Survival

Herbalism Kit

Spells Per Day:
1st: 4
2nd: 2

Spells Known:
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost *possibly dancing lights or light
1st: Cure Wounds*, Bless, Find Familiar*, Magic Missile, Sleep
2nd: Augury*, Detect Thoughts, Lesser Restoration*,
*Bloodline Bonuses, can't be changed out

Equipment:
Light crossbow
20 quarrels
Two daggers
A small gnomish music box (plays a tune faintly remembered from childhood)
A scroll case stuffed with notes
A winter blanket,
A set of common clothes
An herbalism kit
5 gp
Explorer’s Pack:
Backpack
Bedroll
Mess Kit
Tinder Box
10 Torches
10 days of Rations
Waterskin
50 ft Hempen Rope

Background:
The third daughter of the King and Queen of Cintra was born a beautiful little princess. It soon became obvious though that she was special in more ways than one. Both the King and Queen had Eldar blood, but in Princess Orlaith, the Eldar blood was particularly concentrated. So much so that her ears were pointed, she had the thin, fine features found more commonly in elves. Fearing a backlash among the population or worse accusations of infidelity, the princess wore lots of hats until her hair grew long enough to cover her ears and pass as human more often than not.

The Eldar blood manifested in other ways as well. Toys and dolls moved on their own accord. As she grew, it became obvious that she was a Source. Her mother, Pavetta was also a source, it was however a very different world from when Pavetta’s powers manifested when her husband showed up to claim her. There was a concern then over her powers as well as obvious racial identity. On her fifth birthday though, when she didn’t get the pink dress she really wanted and she threw a fit that things got bad. The Source flowed through her uncontrollably. Luckily no one was hurt, but she did cause extensive damage to an entire wing of the castle. It was then decided that her presence would endanger the safety of the kingdom, as superstitious peasants would not accept a member of the ruling family to be uncontrollable. So she was sent away. No word was said, but from the age she left, most people assumed she had been given to the Witchers.

In fact she was sent away to the Posada region to be trained so that she would not be a danger to herself or others. The Posada region was well known for it’s accetance of Sources, especially thouse who were Wise (often referred to as White Witches). She was delivered to a wise old woman Osfala, the local herbalist, healer, and prophet. There she was given a new name, Elora, and trained to use the Source. She grew to be a beautiful young woman, no longer ashamed to show her exotic beauty among a more open population. Additionally, her powers were mostly under control, at least as much as any Source could be. She was an accomplished healer, knew her local herbs, and could see at times into the future.

The day came when she had finished her apprenticeship, and built a small cottage out in the forest of her own near a different village. Things went well for a while. She mostly served the womenfolk with medicine, midwifery and advice. Until things went bad. Strange things began to happen near the village; milk would turn sour, frogs appeared in the well, springs ran dry, and locusts ate the crops. The villagers of course blamed a curse, a curse laid on them by the witch in the woods. The fact that no one asked her if she did it or why didn’t seem to matter. Some of the women folk went to see Melora to ask for advice, but found a hag living in her cottage. Melora had felt the curse and had been fighting it. Unfortunately it had been to strong and she had a surge that turned her into a hag. While Melora was not vain about her beauty, she was very distressed about being a hag as it meant she would not be accepted to help people.

Distressed, the village hired a witcher to kill the hag and lift the curse. Fortunately for Elora, the Witcher who found the job was Fergus Llew. Fergus went to the cottage, but saw none of the other signs of a hag, other than her appearance. Fergus approached Elora/the hag and asked to speak with her. Elora was hesitant at first, knowing she looked like a hag and that the Witcher had been sent to kill her. But as she found the Witcher to not be in a hurry to kill her, and indeed to accept her as a person not as a hag. They spent the day talking and drinking tea. By the end of the day a friendship was formed. Together they decided to track down the source of the curse.

Together they ventured further into the woods, finding evidence of rot and sticky sweet saps in the trees. They both suspected a black annis and their fears held true when they found the candy house in a tree. The annis had cast the curse to force the children to wander into the woods to find food and make them easier to capture. Together they were able to slay the monster after a long battle. As the blood of the black annis sprayed onto Elora as it died, she began to change. The curse was lifted and her rightful appearance was restored. Despite his Witcher’s training to be free of emotion, Fergus could do nothing as he stared at the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. After a few minutes of staring, Elora teasingly asked him if he had been turned to stone by the annis. Chagrinned, Fergus blushed and they both laughed. The death of the annis lifted the curse on the region.

However, Elora found that the local village no longer trusted her, thinking she might be a hag under a glamour. Saddened by the loss of her village, Elora decided that she would spend some time wandering around, perhaps hunt some monsters with the Witcher. As luck would have it she soon found a position to escort another young source to safety in the Posada.

Two issues from Elora’s past are unknown to her. She is not aware that she was born into a royal family. Of course some people are aware and of course the restoration of a throne is always on some minds. The other is that the black annis that she and Fergus killed had a sister in the Posada region…….

Appearance: Very long, wavy, blondest of blond hair, bordering on white. Light gray eyes that sometimes show as violet.

Personality:

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Name: Ethian
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Class/Level: Druid 3
Alignment: Neutral
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (Human)
Init: +3
Passive Perception: 16

DEFENSE
AC: 18 (+4 turtleshell breastplate, +2 shield, +2 dex)
HP: 33 (1d8 +3 con, level 3)
Saves: Intelligence & Wisdom
Special Defenses: none

OFFENSE
Speed: 30ft
Melee: Dagger +5 Attack, 1d4+2 damage Piercing
Melee: Scimitar +5 Attack, 1d6+2 damage slashing
Ranged: Sling +5 Attack, 1d4+3 damage bludgeoning, range 30/120

Special Attacks: 2 cantrips, spells (level):slots - (0):2, (1):4, (2):2

Cantrips:
(0) minor illusion SM (A bit of fleece) up to 1 min duration, 30 ft range
(0) Druidcraft VS, inst duration, 30 ft range: 5ft cube harmless sensory effect, light or snuff up to a small campfire, predict weather for 24h, instantly make a flower blossom , a seed pod open, or a leaf bud bloom.

Spells normally prepared (wisdom modifier + level = 7)

(1) shield VS 1 reaction when hit, 1 round duration, +5 to AC, protects against magic missiles

(1) hex V S M (petrified eye of a newt), concentration up to 1h, you deal an extra 1d6 necrotic damage to the target whenever you hit it with
an attack. Also, choose one ability when you cast the spell. The target has disadvantage on ability checks made with the chosen ability.
If the target drops to 0 hit points before this spell ends, you can use a bonus action on a subsequent turn of yours to curse a new creature.

(1) goodberry VSM (a sprig o f mistletoe). up to 10 berries appear in you hand. they last 24h. heal 1hp/berry and 1 berry provides nourishment for 24h.

(1)Faerie Fire V, concentration up to 1 min. 60 ft range. each object in 20 ft cube is outlined in dim light (10 ft radius). Creatures too if they fail a dex saving throw. Attacks against outlined creatures and items have advantage if attackers can see, and affected creatures can't benefit from being invisible.

(2) Spiritual weapon V,S 60ft range, 1 min duration. 1d8+spellcasting ability mod force damage after casting, bonus action to move 20 ft and attack on subsequent rounds

(2) Find steed VS, 10 min casting time. Dismiss steed as an action, comes back with full HP when spell is recast. Able to communicate telepathically with steed when within 1 mile. Int is 6. When mounted, can have spells that target me also affect steed.

(2) spike growth V, S, M (seven sharp thorns or seven small twigs, each sharpened to a point), Concentration, up to 10 minutes
The ground in a 20-foot radius centered on a point
within range twists and sprouts hard spikes and thorns.
The area becomes difficult terrain for the duration.
When a creature moves into or within the area, it takes
2d4 piercing damage for every 5 feet it travels.
The transformation of the ground is camouflaged to
look natural. Any creature that can’t see the area at the
time the spell is cast must make a Wisdom (Perception)
check against your spell save DC to recognize the
terrain as hazardous before entering it

STATISTICS
Str 12 (+1), Dex 16 (+3) , Con 16 (+3), Int 14 (+2), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 14 (+2)

SKILLS Proficiencies in bold: 1 Human (perception), 2 druid (Survival, insight), 2 background (arcana, history)

Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+3 (dex) Acrobatics]
+4 (wis) Animal Handling
+4 (int) Arcana
+1 (str) Athletics
+2 (cha) Deception
+4 (int) History
+6 (wis) Insight
+2 (int) Investigation
+4 (wis) Medicine
+2 (int) Nature
+6 (wis) Perception
+2 (cha) Performance
+2 (cha) Persuasion
+2 (int) Religion
+3 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+3 (dex) Stealth
+6 (wis) Survival

Tools: Herbalism kit

RACE FEATURES
Skill Versatility: proficient in one skill of your choice (perception)
Languages: Human: common + 1 another, Druid: druidic, Sage: 2 languages
Common, Elder Speech (Elven), druidic, Nilfgaardian, Skellige.
Feat: Magic without borders: can cast spells from other lists. Get a spelbook and spells are limited to spellbook guidelines (6 level 1 + 4 additional spells, 2/additional levels).
Level 1
- hex
- find familiar
- disguise self
- identify
- Unseen servant
- shield

level 2:
- Find steed
- Invisibility
- Misty step
- Spiritual weapon V,S 60ft range, 1 min duration. 1d8+spellcasting ability mod force damage after casting, bonus action to move 20 ft and attack on subsequent rounds

BACKGROUND Sage/Noble
Feature: Position of privilege
Skill Proficiencies: Arcana, History
Proficiencies: 2 languages

Traits: I’m willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgment
Ideal: The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge.
Bond: 1) I will avenge the destruction of my tree of life. 2) I am committed to helping the elves and the elder races in re-establishing the balance in the world.
Flaw: I’d risk too much to uncover a lost bit of knowledge.

CLASS FEATURES
- Spellcasting: Wisdomis your spellcasting ability for your spells. The saving throw DC to resist a spell you cast is 14. Your attack bonus when you make an attack with a spell is +6.

Shapechange: you can use your action to magically assume the shape o f a beast that you have
seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses w hen you finish a short or long rest.
You can stay in a beast shape for a number of hours equal to half your druid level (rounded down). You then revert to your normal form unless you expend another use o f this feature. You can revert to your normal form earlier by using a bonus action on your turn. You automatically revert if you fall unconscious, drop to 0 hit points, or die

Circe of the moon:
Combat Wild Shape: When you choose this circle at 2nd level, you gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action. Additionally, while you are transformed by Wild Shape, you can use a bonus action to expend one spell slot to regain 1d8 hit points per level o f the spell slot expended.
Circle forms: You can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1

Proficiencies
Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields (druids will not wear armor or use shields made of metal)

Weapons: Clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears
Tools: Herbalism kit

Gear:
a wooden shield
a scimitar
Turtle shell breastplate (AC 14 + max 2 dex)
an explorer’s pack,
a druidic focus (Yew wand)

A bottle of black ink, a quill,
a small knife,
a letter from a dead colleague po sing a question you have not yet been able to answer,
a set of common clothes
a belt pouch containing money
Signet ring (worn on string around neck)
Scroll of pedigree

Also, as backup, kept in belt pouch:
A bit of fleece (minor illusion), kept in belt pouch
seven sharp thorns (spike growth)
petrified eye of a newt (hex)
a sprig o f mistletoe (goodberry)

10 goodberries (from previous night casting)

sling
20 sling bullets
1 dagger

Money: 12 gp, 5 sp, 9 cp

Physical Appearance:
Ethian is a thin man, 5 feet tall, and weighs 160 pounds. He has pale skin, dark eyes and dark brown hair with a full beard.

[sblock=Backstory]
-Current age: 24

- Ethian was born to a noble family in the Kingdom of Northern Angren, once the seat of a powerful druid circle that fled south.

- When he was a ten, his family's castle and lands were conquered by Nilfgaardian troops as they were marching north. His father was killed and his injured mother fled with him. She managed to live long enough to bring him to Elrond the Crow, a druid that later became his mentor. Ethian's parents, keeping with the family's traditions, were believers in the old ways, and had kept close ties with the druids.

- Elrond the Crow brought Ethian to the Circle of Tagha Bough in the Posada region, where he spent many happy years living among the druids, becoming an acolyte himself.

- This is when he was first contacted by his Elven great-great-great-great grandmother, Lady Thallasa. He had kept abreast of his family's history, and indeed, his noble human great-great-great-great grandfather had married an Elven noblewoman. Elven Bards still sing of the love between the two, since humans have forgotten the story, and the marriage was then heralded as the first Human-Elven alliance. The human husband died, and Lady Thallasa moved back to live with her people in Dol Blathanna as her own children and grand-children died.

- At first, he exchanged many letters with her, some being brought by crows, other by elven travelers. He met her in person when he was fourteen, when Lady Thalassa traveled to his druidic circle. He also visited her in Dol Blathanna on several occasions, and met with his elven kin.

- When he was eighteen, the Circle of Tagha Bough's was destroyed. He later learned thrhough his investigations that Nan the Hag, with the help of her two sisters, desecrated the his Tree of Life. His mentor, along with many druid companions died. The few that didn't fled to the wilderness, most becoming mad.

- Not knowing what to do, he traveled to Dol Blathanna. Lady Thalassa felt that a young human should be around other humans, so she arranged for him to study with the Conclave of Mages based in Ban Ard (Kaedwen). He perfected his understanding of arcane magics, of history and his family's legacy, while still studying the old druidic ways.

-He remained there until the age of 24, when he received a letter from Lady Thalassa asking for his help in accompanying Odvara Kringen to the elves of Dol Blathanna.
[/sblock]

Owl Familiar name: Grey
[sblock=Grey]
Tiny beast, unaligned
Armor Class 11
Hit Points 1 (1d4 - 1)
Speed 5 ft., fly 60 ft.
STR 3 (-4), DEX 13 (+1) CON 8 (-1) INT 2 (-4) WIS12 (+1) CHA 7 (-2)
Skills Perception +3, Stealth +3
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 13
Languages —
Challenge 0 (10 XP)

Flyby.The owl provokes no opportunity attacks when it flies out of an enemy’s reach.
Keen Sight.The owl has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.

Actions
Talons. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1 slashing damage.
[/sblock]

Elk Steed name: Valarian
[sblock=Valarian]
Large beast, unaligned
Armor Class 11
Hit Points 19 (3d10 + 3)
Speed 60 ft.
STR 18 (+4) DEX 12 (+1) CON 13 (+1) INT 6 (-2) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 7 (-2)

Senses passive Perception 11
Languages —
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)

Trampling Charge. If the elk moves at least 20 feet straight
toward a creature right before hitting it with a hooves attack,
the target must succeed on a DC 14 Strength saving throw or
be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the elk can take a
bonus action to make another attack with its hooves against
the target.

Actions
Hooves. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) bludgeoning damage.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
Tamaran
Age 86
Height 5"8
Wight 100lbs
Hair Blonde
Eyes Green

Born in Novigrad,Tamaran grew up in The Bits. Life was hard his father was a master woodworker but nobody wanted to know given his race. This left his mother to earn the majority of the money working as a whore for those with exotic tastes in the Passiflora. Tamaran grew up resenting his life dealing with the prejudice of the masses every day and his family barley scraping a living despite his fathers skill didn't help either.Fed up with the hand he had been dealt in life Tamaran decided to change his fate and that of his race he ran away and joined the Scoia'tael to fight for freedom, he headed for the Blue mountains given Tamaran had spent all his life running and hiding from those who would beat him made him an excellent fit for a scout he was trained under a successful leader Tamalore and assigned to his unit. Tamalore had some interesting methods for getting things done he often had Tamaran scout out an area looking for Necrophages with orders to try and bait them back to a specific area, little did Tamaran know at the time these necrophages where then directed upon the camps of Aedirn Special Forces. One day Tamaran hung around after scouting the necrophages he had become fascinated by them how they moved there mannerisms and how easy they where to move around given their mindless movements and wanted to see what Tamelore was doing with them, Tamaran was horrified with what he saw the monsters where set upon humans, no one desereved to die like this they where helpless against the necrophages.

Once again Tamaran ran this time from the Scoia'tael they weren't fighting for freedom or equality just for the sake of violence and killing Tamaran wanted no part in this. Maybe he could find peace with the elves of Dol Blathanna they where his people after all. On his way to Dol'Blathanna he encountered a couple of Nilf soldiers tormenting an injured wolf Tamaran knew what it was like to be on the receiving end of a beating and took pity upon the wolf he dispatched the soldiers quickly and quietly just as he had been trained and bound the wolfs injuries. The wolf began to follow Tamaran around perhaps he had no place in this world either, he named his new companion Foris. Upon arriving in Dol'Blathanna Tamaran once again found himself an outsider apparantly free Elves where nothing but trouble and were not welcome here. Maybe she was bored and desired a play thing or maybe she took pity upon the downtrodden Elf but the Queen Enid an Gleanna tasked him with ensuring Odvara Kringen a source made it to Dol Blathanna safely.

Last edited:

Aramalian

Explorer
Barakor Bloodbarrow

Name: Barakor Bloodbarrow Class: Paladin of Vengeance Background: City Guard
Race: Mountain Dwarf Alignment: Lawful Neutral Languages: Common, Dwarven, Nilfgaardian,

Barakor.png

[sblock='Barakor's Backstory']Barakor Bloodbarrow was born in the Mahakam Mountains. The Great Father of his clan was shieldbearer to Brouver Hoog, the founder of the city that had, over many years, spread a network of dwarven enclaves and cities under the Mahakam.

Over the years, the Bloodbarrows became one of the chief mining families of the Mahakam, and Barakor had been apprenticed to more than one of his uncles, master miners all. The young dwarf struggled to grasp the simplest concepts, though, and his father despaired of finding a place for him in the family work. The lad was strong and tough, even by dwarvish standards, so (reluctantly) his father sent him to dwell in the houses of the Guardians. Here, Barakor learned how to fight - but again, complicated maneuvers and tactics were beyond him. Obedient and loyal to a fault, though, he made an excellent guard, and fought in many defenses of the lower mines of the city. The lower mines sometimes touched upon deeper caverns and crevasses, and awful serpents and giant insects would wander into the dwarven tunnels. Barakor felt no fear of these, only a deep love of his fellow dwarves that drove him to lash out against such beasts that would devour his kin.

Over five decades, the clanging of Barakor Bloodbarrow's warhammer and shield was a welcome sound to many mining parties pinned down by marauders.

Then The Darkness came.

In secret meetings far beyond the simple dwarf's imagining or understanding, bribes were offered, territories divided, and deals struck. The Cult of the Eternal Fire found ironic balance in their belief that the Light must sear away the impure from the surface of the world, but darkness should naturally rule under it. This convenient theology empowered Elder Brouver Hoog to bargain with the Temerians -- for if the nation of mountain dwarves was erased from below, why shouldn't the Nilfgaard Empire, in its beneficence, annex the territory from above and use the rich veins of ores and gems to bolster their efforts to spread the light of civilization throughout the world?

The Darkness boiled up from the deep tunnels and overwhelmed the Guardians. Barakor was captured and set to work breaking stone for the vicious jackalweres, who had infilrated the Guardians and corrupted them from within. Beaten daily, mocked for his slowness of mind, he mourned his failure. He was supposed to protect the family -- and he had failed so, so miserably. The captors loved telling how the Cult had sent an Emissary to simply make a deal - that all their hopes and dreams and lives and loves were meaningless, extinguished to feed the glory of others.

For many months Barakor worked like an automaton, his name and personality receding deeper in his guilt and rage. He would have been lost in those depths forever, if the vile jackalweres had not been so cruel and foolish as to pit the muscular slave against a giant scorpion in a bit of sport! Fighting the horror reminded him of his old self, his old purpose. When he fully came to himself, not only was the horror shattered, but he had slain a dozen or more of the enemies.

Armoring himself in the group leader's dark chain mail and shield, he fought and fled his way around the fringes of the enclave and slowly up to the surface. He dispatched more than one human miner as well, once he reached the old tunnels of his people. In the passages he knew so well, he made his way to his family's clan secret shrine where the Old Gods of Dwarfhome had been revered. It had been desecrated by the Matriarch of the Black Sun, who bathed herself and her fanatics in the blood of tortured dwarves, but he remembered something they never knew: the secrets of the sanctum. In a secret compartment under their deity's statuette was hidden a holy symbol, reserved for a dwarf who would take on a holy calling for his people. Affixing the sigil to his shield, he swore that he would not fail again the only name he had for himself. Barakor - one who defends.

He found hidden hollows in the mountains where his kin had retreated. Brouver Hoog, the last elder of Mahakam, has succumbed to madness after his alliance with the Nordlings crumbled in the face of Nilfgaard's northward conquest, and the lower mines were devastated by the cultists. Surviving Guardians were sent in the four directions to seek out potential allies. Barakor was tasked with seeking allies among the elves of Dol Blathanna & the Blue Mountains, hoping that the elves would have answers… for there may be more to Brouver Hoog’s visions of demons and omens than a diseased mind. Blood runs from the gemstone veins, babes go missing from cradles, and a darkness rises there. From a smuggler contact, the former Guardian learns of an opportunity to win some favor with the elves by bringing Odvara Kringen to safety.[/sblock]

HP: 39/39
Hit dice: 3d10+9
Passive Perception: 11
Passive investigation: 9
AC: 18
Initiative: +0
Speed: 25'
Proficiency bonus: +2

Attributes
STR: 18 (+4)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 16 (+3)
INT: 9 (-1)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 12 (+1)

Saving Throws:
STR +4
DEX +0
CON +3
INT -1
*WIS +3
*CHA +3

Skills
Acrobatics +0
Animal Handling +1
Arcana -1
*Athletics +6
Deception +1
History -1
*Insight +5
*Intimidation +3
Investigation -1
Medicine +1
Nature -1
Perception +1
Performance +1
*Persuasion +3
*Religion +1
Sleight of Hand +0
Stealth +0
Survival +1

* = proficiency

Other Proficiencies:
Armor: All armor Weapons: All simple and martial weapons Tools: Smith's tools

Weapons:
Warhammer: To Hit: +7 Damage: 1d8+7/B
Versatile

Handaxe: To Hit: +6 Damage: 1d6+6/P
Finesse, light, thrown (20/60)

Equipment:
chainmail (blackened), 4x handaxes, masterwork warhammer, shield/holy symbol
Guardian of Mahakan uniform, smith's tools
Backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 7 days of rations and a waterskin. 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
Manacles, signalling horn

Coins:
10 gp

Features and Traits:
Stonecunning:
Whenever I make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, I am considered proficient in the History skill and add double my proficiency bonus to the check, instead of my normal proficiency bonus.
Arcane Insight:
-1 CHA, but expertise in Insight, and I can use Insight to detect shapechanged creatures (like jackalweres, which don't normally allow a check like an illusory disguised hag would) against an opposed Deception check, as well as magical charm effects plaguing a person against an opposed spellcasting check.

Background
Watcher's Eye: My experience in enforcing the law, and dealing with lawbreakers, gives me a feel for local laws and criminals. I can easily find the local outpost of the watch, guards or a similar organization, and just as easily pick out the dens of criminal activity in a community. I am far more likely to be welcome in the former locations rather than the latter, however.
City Guard specialty: Guard

Personality:
-- I have given names to my weapons and I talk to them.
-- I am very good at waiting. Patience is a virtue I have conquered.
Ideal:
-- Responsibility: I do what I have to and follow just authority. (Lawful)
Bond:
-- I'll never forget the crushing defeat my company endured or the foes who inflicted it.
-- (developing connection to Kynee)
Flaw: The atrocious enemy we faced in battle still leaves me trembling with fear.

Paladin (Oath of Vengeance), level 3:
Divine Sense (Paladin 1, PHB 84) [1 + Charisma modifier per long rest]
As an action, I sense celestials/fiends/undead/consecrated/desecrated within 60 ft
Until the end of my next turn, I sense the type/location if it is not behind total cover
Lay on Hands (Paladin 1, PHB 84) [15× per long rest]
As an action, I can use points in my pool to heal a touched, living creature's hit points
I can neutralize poisons/diseases instead at a cost of 5 points per affliction
Divine Smite (Paladin 2, PHB 84)
When I hit someone in melee, I can expend spell slots to do 2d8 extra radiant damage
This increases by 1d8 for each spell slot level above 1st and 1d8 against undead/fiends
Dueling Fighting Style (Paladin 2, PHB 84)
+2 to damage rolls when wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons
Spellcasting (Paladin 2, PHB 84)
I can cast prepared paladin spells, using Charisma as my spellcasting ability
I can use a holy symbol as a spellcasting focus
Channel Divinity (Paladin 3, PHB 85) [1× per short rest]
◆ Channel Divinity: Abjure Enemy (Oath of Vengeance 3, PHB 88)
As an action, one creature within 60 ft that can see me must make a Wisdom save
If failed, it is frightened and its speed is 0 despite bonuses; if success, its speed is halved
This lasts for 1 minute or until it takes damage; Undead/fiends have disadv. on save
◆ Channel Divinity: Vow of Enmity (Oath of Vengeance 3, PHB 88)
As a bonus action, I utter a vow against a creature I can see within 10 ft
I have advantage on attack rolls against it for 1 minute or until it is at 0 HP/unconscious
Divine Health (Paladin 3, PHB 85)
I am immune to disease, thanks to the power of my faith

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
Seeing as Tamaran's Companion is gaining skills and the such as they both gain lvls i thought it would be prudent to keep a quick and dirty record here.

Shamra

Class: Wolf Companion
Hp: 11
AC: 14
Speed:40ft

Stats
Str:12+1
Dex:15+2
Con:12+1
Int:3-4
Wis:12+1
Cha:6-2

Saves
Str+3
Dex[/B+4
Con+3
Int-3
Wis+3
Cha-1

Attacks
Bite:+5 2d4+3piercing
DC11str save or prone

Features
Keen Hearing and Smell: The wolf has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.

Pack Tactics: The wolf has advantage on an Attack roll against a creature if at least one of the wolf's allies is within 5 ft. of the creature and the ally isn't Incapacitated.

Skills
Perception:+4
Stealth:+5
Survival:+4
Insight:+4

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases