WotC Roll For Combat: Hasbro Downgraded. Toys Rotting on the Shelves

Hasbro not being able to afford their dividends is not a good sign, yet getting down graded is worse. I don't expect the toy market to get better this year.

This means Hasbro will lean even harder on WotC to save their skin again. Buy there is no BG3 this year to do. I think they need Exodus to do huge (if it gets released this year otherwise they are screwed), that's the one way out. Maybe if the new core books sell well enough that will help a little, but it won't be enough I suspect.

Sacrosanct

Legend
There's a lot to criticize HASBRO for, but I'd take anything they say with a huge grain of salt. Those guys have went all in on the "overreaction hyperbole" train. Just look at the titles and screen caps of their videos.

I'd point to the other thread where someone (an actual expert) went over the financials of Hasbro.

Retreater

Legend
I watched it. It's unfortunate he uses the YouTube Channel World Class B.S.ers as a source. "World Class" has a definite political agenda to attack Hasbro through his criticism of Disney/Marvel/Star Wars. He's one of those "go woke, get broke" kind of guys, the very definition of clickbait.
When W.C. goes through Ollie's, he focuses on Hasbro merchandise and doesn't show other content. It's pandering to a specific demographic that gets riled up on social media and fed by the YT algorithm.
It's not a good look for RFC to be sharing this content.

mamba

Legend
There's a lot to criticize HASBRO for, but I'd take anything they say with a huge grain of salt. Those guys have went all in on the "overreaction hyperbole" train
it’s not them saying it, it is some analyst at DA Davidson, they are just passing it on. Whether that makes it better, I leave up to you ;)

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
That single analyst downgrade didn't have an impact
1704408123636.png

Remove ads