• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Roll For Combat: Hasbro Downgraded. Toys Rotting on the Shelves

Scribe

Legend
His downgrade was after the fall, not before it.

I mean do we have a timestamp? Was it after closing trading? Does it matter when the value of the stock has cut in half over the last 2 years? Saving grace, its only down $20 a share since the last peak from 2023?

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I mean do we have a timestamp? Was it after closing trading? Does it matter when the value of the stock has cut in half over the last 2 years? Saving grace, its only down $20 a share since the last peak from 2023?

a downgrade is a forward looking statement, justified by past performance, usually.
His forward looking statement was ignored by enough people that over the past 24 hours the stock value went up.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
given that they set the target price at $53, it should not, already priced in, they just updated their rating accordingly (buy to hold, target of $53)

Can the guys who have not seen the video now stop pretending the sky is falling and / or the analyst was defied by the market ;)
Oh, I'm definitely not going to watch a video from that group based on how they advertise themselves.
So the downgrade was actually an upward valuation?

mamba

Legend
Oh, I'm definitely not going to watch a video from that group based on how they advertise themselves.
So the downgrade was actually an upward valuation?
sometimes I click the clickbaity ones to get an idea ;)

It’s not so much an upgrade (from buy to hold…) as much as an acknowledgment that they are not expecting the stock to get much better than it already is (target $53), hence worth holding, but not worth buying, not enough potential. Not a warning (update to ‘sell’) either however.

The one concerning thing to me is that according to the analyst the cashflow is not enough for the promised dividends, so either Hasbro borrows money to pay that dividend (and by extension prop up the stock price), or it could fall somewhat. Either way, no fan of companies throwing away money they do not have, just to prop up the stock price. If you have no better investment ideas for it, get a better CEO

Remove ads