• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 51/51, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:3/5, 2:4/4, 3:2/3)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

Ape talks quietly with Mystal, then he chooses a sleek looking wand, seemingly made from ivory.

[sblock=ooc]

I will take a cure light wounds wand. 500 gp from me and Neurotic will help with the rest. Thanks!

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 5, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Faerie Fire, Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Animal Aspect, Ball Lightning
3/Day Level3: Summon Nature's Ally III, Magic Circle vs Spirits

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +11
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Three Flowers gives Annika an elegant bow.

"I will do my best, Lady Phoenix," he says. Dirt rolls his eyes slightly.

"The Elixir, yes," says the Vashti. "Thank you for reminding me. A few days upriver , beyond Ropoko Island, is Willowmantle, a tiny fishing village. It was bigger once, and according to some old census records we found there was once a temple to the Monkey King in the hills above Willowmantle. There are a lot of unknowns - if the temple still exists and if it is not abandoned, maybe you can find something that will help you find the Jade Elixir." She shrugs. "Wen has agreed to take you all there, if you wish to explore this lead."

OOC: [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION]; price and weight for all those items are as per the SRD (PFSRD).

ahayford

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Glip will purchase 10 flasks of alchemists fire (20gp each), and 1 cure moderate wound potion (300gp). Don't want to be in a slime fight w/o fire![/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Fortune seems to be with you, as the narvinda has all the items that you require. Feeling better equipped, you join Grandfather Wen on his boat. As before, Wen is very particular about where everything is stowed. He avoids Glip as best he can - perhaps a man who makes his living from catching fish is unnerved by a fish who walks as a man.

Watched from the ghats by the Vashti, Three Flowers, Dirt and Sister Herbalist, as well as several novices, fisherfolk and a couple of guards, the boat heads upstream towards Tigerskin Gorge.

It takes a couple of days travel upstream before the gorge comes into sight, and its name becomes obvious. Strata of orange and black rock stripe the sides of a bite taken out of the cliffs on the right-hand bank of the river. Within the bite are several tents and a couple of shanty huts, all in a bad state of disrepair. Across the back of the gorge run three mining levels, diagonal slashes leading up to a succession of tunnels. A stream runs through the middle of the camp, diverted into a wooden leat before it disgorges across a shore on shingle into the River Leng.

Supply boxes have been scattered across the camp, evidently the work of scavenging animals. The only movement is the fluttering of a loose tent corner in the breeze, a breeze that carries a smattering of drizzle.

[sblock=OOC]
Grandfather Wen
36300d1219216192-romance-river-kingdoms-old-man.jpg

His boat
36334d1219404514-romance-river-kingdoms-sampan-01.png

All items are fine. I make the Wand of CLW 750gp, leaving Mystal with 250gp worth of "spend".

Anyone who wants to have a go at poling the boat is welcome (Grandfather Wen is a very fussy teacher, but he also likes a snooze at the front of the boat and so is willing to cede control). Make a DC 10 Int check and you get Profession (boatman) at +0 (plus Wis modifier) - i.e. no actual ranks but you count as trained. Annika, who as already got this level of skill, can get Profession (boatman) +1 if she wants to make the check.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Over the course of days, Mystal avoided the sun and didn't offer the work the tiller due to his small stature, but he learned what needs to be done in the boat and basic rules of the trade. There may be some training involved for practical parts, but he doesn't really expect to need the skill. Still, he retains enough of the knowledge, not to feel strange on the water.
Intelligence check for boating (1d20+1=11)

"Remain on the boat, I'll let you know if there is something dangerous here before we get out."

Waiting a moment to see if his companions offer a comment, Mystal wraps himself in his cloak, flourishing it while stepping in the shade of the cabin. The move scatters the shadows as if they were smoke and when they return to normal, Mystal is nowhere to be seen.

OOC: if nobody objects Mystal goes scouting. Picking a tree on the shore (within 50') he uses Shadow Step to get there and immediately recovers it. He then proceeds with scouting, going invisible if needed, teleporting out if it gets real sticky. Stealth +17; Perception +12

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Annika stands, but nods at Mystal and remains in the boat...though from the glances she keeps sending at the water's surface, she isn't exactly thrilled with the idea.

"Be careful," she says quietly when he disappears.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Chaarr remains seated in the boat, impressed with his new companion's abilities to hide himself.

[sblock=OOC/Doc]Was going to put in an RP post about learning to pole the boat, but I don't want to derail us - Chaarr is interested in learning, however.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mystal has trouble finding a tree - in this man-blasted landscape the nearest thing is a stunded hawthorn near the leat. The rest is a slag, the older mounds with a scrubby covering of moss and grasses, the newer ones still bare.

However, he flits between the huts and tents like a gust of smoke. There is no creature to be found, living or dead, within the camp. The many items that make up the mining camp have been abandoned, some scattered. It looks like animals and weather have done this, though, since items like tools, desirable to intelligent raiders, stand rusting in their racks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads