RPG wanderlust this summer

bloodymage

House Ruler
Hi all,

I've given the Postal Service 20 years and they've just given me a 30-day notice due to medical problems. My Union is about out of ammo, so this might be it. I'm applying for medical retirement and SS disability. I'll also apply to the VA to increase my service-connected disability rating. The thing is, is that none of these will give me an income for several months. We don't pay into state programs, so there's no unemployment insurance for me and I don't qualify for state disability, either.

Now, many of you know me as a stick-in-the-mud grognard, but this is the biggest unofficial RPG board out there. I won't run d20, but I'll play it. I wrote a "Gamer's Pulpit" article in KoDT #97 decrying the attacks gamers make on each other because of system or genre preference. We're all gamers.

On to my idea and request. If I can keep gas in my S-10, I was thinking of living Bohemian through the summer, traveling around and attending most of the midwest cons. Once I find out if I really have no paddle. I'll post a proposed itinerary. Would anyone be willing to help with shelter and an occasional meal?

Before I received this news, I'd scheduled time off for Origins, but haven't been able to arrange air fare yet. I'm no longer able to punch a clock, but I'm hoping my writing will see me through. I'm not here to ask for cash donations, but it certainly would help. My e-mail is bloodymage@msn.com. My PayPal account is under gstevew@hotmail.com.

Thanks to all.

Steve

Remove ads