• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS1-Stolen University (Salix Judging)

rgordona

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Hand of Vecna said:
FYI, Archeville was asking b/c he was thinking of picking Zenji up and carrying him (while he carries Jim the Illusionist with his Staff's TK). It'd either look really cool and impressive (especially if we later did some sort of "Fastball Special," and Zenji discovers his Staff's Blast),... or clumsy and awkward.

I would have said there was no way TK would allow flight without power-stunting, effects bassed system and all that.

I also have a feeling that using TK to drag an object with you while moving is a very rules grey area. I remember that VioletS asked a question about it at ATT and no one could really answer. Dragging or carrying items at your own speed seemed to be difficult with TK (very counter intuative.)

I have no problems with letahl/non-lethal distinctions, anyway you want to define it is fine by me.

I must avoid ooc only posts so I may edit this latter so it is not completly pointless.
[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
Archeville and Zenji, with Jim in tow, quickly cross the campus to the science building, the jouney only taking a minute or so. They arrive at the base of the stairs with no sign of their erstwile teammates

Juggler can see the middle guard wlk forward and make a sharp right, walking along the cement path in front of the building toward the dormitories, the other two retaining their positions.

Mr. Jones sees the girl speed off, vanishing at the first step as the "yellow" guard takes up position in front of the door and the "red" guard begin a small patrol of the immediate area. Both men have their weapons in their hands.

rgordona

Explorer
Mr Jones holds his position on the roof. Waiting for the others, not daring to try and mess with the guards minds anymore with out backup. He has a feeling that he was very lucky to get away with those illusions without getting to badly burned.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
[sblock]For the image of Archeville & Zenji flying, I was thinking more along the lines of "Rogue carrying Wolverine," less "Superman carrying Lois" ;) [/sblock]

Archeville lowers Zenji to the ground, then activates his comm. "Herr Jones, Zenji und I are at zhe stairs leading into zhe Science building. Vhere ist zhe action? Vhere ist Juggler?"

rgordona

Explorer
[Sblock=ooc]
351 said:
"Pay attention Motley. I am on the roof of the science building, above the side door."
[/sblock]

"Herr Doctor, I am on the roof, above the side entrance, (NW side?) I v'e not seen Juggler." Reports Mr Jones. "There are at least two guards on patrol and the invisible speedster was here a moment ago."

Last edited:

Rhialto

First Post
The Juggler hits his communicator. "I'm around, Herr Doktor. Just tell me when you're ready to strike and I'll soften the boys in black up for you." One can almost hear him grit his teeth. "And leave the speedster to me. I know how to handle runners..."

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Archeville draws his blaster, activates his force field, and looks to Zenji. "Er... maybe you should leave him propped up against zhat tree," he says, pointing to Jim the Illusionist.

Asmor

First Post
Illusio-jim flies towards the tree. "Ooh-- ouch! Stupid low-hanging branches. Ah well, he won't even notice."

Zenji once more holds his staff at the ready. "Ready to rock!"

rgordona

Explorer
[sblock=GM]
Mr. Jones sees the girl speed off, vanishing at the first step as the "yellow" guard takes up position in front of the door and the "red" guard begin a small patrol of the immediate area. Both men have their weapons in their hands.
Has Red gone out of sight, round the corner? How close is immediate area?[/sblock]

"If everyone is ready, I'll kick things off." Says Mr Jones "I am reasonably sure that the Minister is in this building."

If no one objects

As the others agree Mr Jones and with backup in place Mr Jones reaches out to influence the guards minds again.

[Sblock=Actions]Mind Control on Yellow Guard (2) (1d20+10=12) Order him to stun his friend.

Complete lack of originality I know but if at first you don't succeed, try again and there's even less chance it will work this time. I think the dice are telling me something.
[/sblock]

Hand of Vecna

First Post
[sblock=Inner Monologe]Ha! He did that on purpose! Maybe this kid's not so bad...

Oh, dear....[/sblock]

Archeville winces. "Er, you may vant to vork on controlling zhat more. Remember, ve can't figure out vhat zhe Minister did to zhe poor kid's brain if it's all scrambled up."

He then taps his communicator, "Juggler, Herr Jones, Zenjki und I are ready. Ve are [HERE]*, how do you propose ve make our move?"

* Since Archeville & Zenji came from the Commons, I guess that'd put them on the SE side of the Science Building?

Remove ads