• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Run for Your Lives! The Slivers are Comming!

Krishnath

First Post
Sorry about the latenes in posting the following two slivers, as I was way to shocked to post them when I should have, I am sure you understand.

Well anyways, here is the Barbed and Horned Slivers.

-

Barbed Sliver
Medium-Sized Outsider (Sliver)
Hit Dice:
4d8+8 (26 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30', climb 30'
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural)
Attacks: Claw +6 melee and bite +1 melee
Damage: Claw 1d4+3, bite 1d6+2
Face/Reach: 5' by 5'/5'
Special Attacks: Increased damage
Special Qualities: Sliver qualities, shared abilities
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 10
Skills: Balance +6, Climb +14 (+8), Jump +6, Listen +8 (+2), Spot +8 (+2), Swim +6,
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes,

Climate/Terrain: Any underground
Organization: Swarm (20-80), Hive (Several thousand slivers and a queen)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 5-6 HD (Medium-Size); 7-12 HD (Large)

Barbed slivers are very simillar in appearance to the armor sliver, allthough it lacks the chitinous plates of the later. It is gray in coloration, with a black arm and black 'tails', the entire sliver is covered in darkgrey barbs of varying length.

Combat:
Highly aggressive, the barbed sliver launches itself at it's foes flailing away with it's natural weapons.
Increased Damage (Ex): Due to the long barbs covering the barbed sliver, it's melee attack forms deal an additional one point of damage.
Shared Ability (Ex): All slivers within 60' of the barbed sliver grow barbs and gain access to the increased damage ability of the barbed sliver, effectively increasing the damage of their natural weapons with +1. This ability is cummulative.

_

Horned Sliver
Medium-Size Outsider (Sliver)
Hit Dice:
4d8+8 (26 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30', climb 30'
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural)
Attacks: Claw +6 melee and bite +1 melee
Damage: Claw 1d4+2, bite 1d6+1
Face/Reach: 5' by 5'/5'
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Sliver qualities, shared abilities
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 10
Skills: Balance +6, Climb +14 (+8), Jump +6, Listen +8 (+2), Spot +8 (+2), Swim +6,
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Improved Bull Rush (b), Power Attack (b) (-4/+4),

Climate/Terrain: Any underground
Organization: Swarm (20-80), Hive (Several thousand slivers and a queen)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 5-6 HD (Medium-Size); 7-12 HD (Large)

Horned slivers are the elite warriors of the sliver hive, standing some 6'5'' tall and colored a deep amber brown. Their claws and horns are exceptionally long.

Combat:
Horned slivers revell in close combat, often joining talons, hearts and muscles to great effect.
Shared Ability (Ex): All slivers within 60' of the horned sliver gain access to the Power Attack and Improved Bull Rush feats, as if they possessed the feats themselves.

-

As allways, comments are welcome and most appreciated.

Later,

Arken

Explorer
Wow these are really good, I'll have to put them in a game some time :D

Just thinking, when it comes to intelligence would higher slivers control lower slivers or impart their intelligence? This would be a little similar to Cranium Rats (Planescape though that is done by numbers of individuals) or Tyranids (Warhammer I'm afraid :p where certain members of the hive were dominant over other parts).

Just wondering your thoughts, this isn't a critisism 'cos I think they're great :D

Krishnath

First Post
No, not really, although some (who I will post tomorrow or sunday) are a lot more intelligent than other slivers, they do not really control the lesser slivers. Let it be known though, that slivers are much like ants, only thinking of the best for the colony and more importantly, their queen.

Arken

Explorer
Good call I think really, they're already quite powerful enough :D

Yet again I'll say that I think its an exceptional conversion :)

Krishnath

First Post
Thanks, although I seem to have run into a little snag, when trying to convert some of the new Legions slivers, specifically the Crypt Sliver, as I allready have a sliver that allows other slivers to regenerate (and one that gives them fast healing). So I'll prbably end up making the crypt sliver undead instead. :D

Heh, I got an account here just to post about your slivers. Go figure. Slivers are cool. Anyways... I can see some of the problems that you will be running into with the new slivers, they overlap with some of the old slivers, and a DnD conversion would require some extreme flavor changes for some (read: Essence Sliver, which would have to be kinda vampiric...). What you have here is really great, though I think that your making Armor/Barbed sliver alittle too good for what the actual card is. Oh well. As for the Crypt Sliver... that ones gonna be a doozy too. I personally feel that only the new Slivers that do something /really/ interesting and new, should be included, other wise they'd just be stepping on other slivers toes (except they dont have any toes... :D ) Im pratically itching with excitement for when you make some of the /good/ slivers, and people start having heart attacks. Im wondering how you are going to do Acidic Sliver, and the only thing I can think of is perhaps an on-death-explosion type thing. Oh well. I sit in anticipation...

Krishnath

First Post
Barring any unforseen events, the two first really good slivers will be posted tomorrow (Sunday). I am of course talking about the Mindwhip and Mnemonic slivers. Not only are they psionic. They're intelligent!.

As for the new slivers. I will probably make the crypt sliver undead, the essence sliver incorporeal, and well, I'm not telling on the rest, but they're going to rock! :D

As for the acidic sliver, just wait and see...

Krishnath

First Post
No, the Toxin sliver for one thing, will be large, and secondly, much more deadly than any other sliver to date. It will quite simply be able to kill you with one hit.

Yes, ONE hit. :D

Remove ads