Ryan's Worldbuilding game

mfrench

First Post
I'll support Pitch 3 as well; if it isn't vetoed by the 24 hour mark, it is fact, and I'll mark it so tomorrow. kinem can begin Pitch 4 whenever he's ready, the points have been updated.

The recruiting thread has some proposals for veto rules for those that haven't reviewed them.

Active
kinem - 49 points
mfrench - 48 points
Voda Vosa - 46 points
Frukathka - 48 points
Mavnn - 47 points

Absent
Lorthanoth - 50 points

IRT the Big List of Facts: I'm going to have Fact numbers correspond to the Pitch number to avoid confusion. This might mean that eventually a number is skipped in the Fact list because of the missing pitch which received a veto. I just wanted to make this unambiguous from the start.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Pitch 4:

In the great rain forest Kelkar, a vast network of giant trees, are three independent nations, stacked on top of each other. The elven kingdom Hallath resides on the brightly lit upper canopy, while the human empire Chasro controls the vast central canopies. On the ground is dwarven republic Trodan. All three nations share responsibility for care of the trees, and damage to the trees is forbidden even during the occasional war between Chasro and one of the other nations.

Mavnn

First Post
kinem said:
Pitch 4:

In the great rain forest Kelkar, a vast network of giant trees, are three independent nations, stacked on top of each other. The elven kingdom Hallath resides on the brightly lit upper canopy, while the human empire Chasro controls the vast central canopies. On the ground is dwarven republic Trodan. All three nations share responsibility for care of the trees, and damage to the trees is forbidden even during the occasional war between Chasro and one of the other nations.

This is precisely what I had in mind when suggesting the dwarves.

Supported!

(46 points)

Edit: Oh, and have a point on me!

mfrench

First Post
I'll support Pitch 4.

I'm on the clock, but this weekend might be slow posting, as was expressed by some in the recruiting thread.

Active
mfrench - 47 points
Voda Vosa - 46 points
Frukathka - 48 points
Mavnn - 46 points
kinem - 48 points

Absent
Lorthanoth - 50 points

mfrench

First Post
Welcome back from the weekend

Pitch 5: The gates to the city of Farlagh have a group of magical warriors, the Porters, who are dedicated to their protection and oversight. However, they are heavily influenced by the various crime lords who vie for control of the black market goods that must pass through the portals. The elite among these gangsters live amongst the richest in Farlagh -- there isn't much that you can't get from them if you're pockets are deep and the questions kept to a minimum. Their turf wars flare up from time to time, but truth be told they've settled into a rather comfortable equilibrium.

45 points.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I do as well.
It's my turn isn't it?

Pitch 6:

In this heavily vegetated world, evolution has give rise to a species of sentient fungus. The dwarfs call them Shrums, the humans Miconids. These colonial beens have a remarkable intelligence and live in great extensions of woodland. They have several colonies over the world, each one is composed by thousands of individuals, genetically identical, spawn from spores produced by their "Mother", a 10 meters tall, 5 meters diameter mushroom. The cities are composed of underground borrows in which the "miconids" or "Shrums"live. They are primary agriculture, peaceful folks and hunt animals occasionally. All food is given to the Mother, and then, it distribute it among her/his children.
(They resemble the Miconid from D&D in apparence, but under a very different context.)

mfrench

First Post
Voda Vosa said:
Pitch 6:
In this heavily vegetated world, evolution has given rise to a species of sentient fungus. The dwarfs call them Shrums, the humans Miconids. These colonial beings have a remarkable intelligence and live in great extensions of woodland. They have several colonies over the world; each one is composed by thousands of individuals, genetically identical, spawned from spores produced by their "Mother", a 10-meter tall, 5-meter diameter mushroom. The cities are composed of underground burrows in which the "miconids" or "Shrums" live. They are primary agricultural, peaceful folks, and hunt animals occasionally. All food is given to the Mother, and is then distributed among her children.
(They resemble the Miconid from D&D in appearence, but under a very different context.)
I've editted the text slightly for grammar and spelling purposes. If I'm off base here, or I've changed your meaning, let me know.

Active
Voda Vosa - 43 points
Frukathka - 48 points
Mavnn - 46 points
kinem - 47 points
mfrench - 45 points

Absent
Lorthanoth - 50 points

Last edited:

Remove ads