Ryan's Worldbuilding game

mfrench

First Post
It looks like Pitch 6 is unsupported. I have a question: if we later decide to resurrect this Pitch, can it be given support later?

Any thoughts on why this wasn't supported? Any suggestions? I am sort of luke-warm on it, which is why I didn't spend the point.

With the pace that this thing has, it is very tough to keep this on the first page. Subscriptions would be a blessing.

Anyway, moving to the next in the order, Frukathka:

Active
Frukathka - 48 points
Mavnn - 46 points
kinem - 47 points
mfrench - 45 points
Voda Vosa - 43 points

Absent
Lorthanoth - 50 points (still has the most points! woo!)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I take it is my turn.

Pitch #7: The world is dense and has a massive network of caves and tunnels. Entrance to a tunnel on one side of the world can lead you half way around it if one travels long enough. There are extensive cities in the underdark that have been excavated to be expanded. The capital of the underworld is Gourgach.

Remaining Points: 46

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
I think it was a good pitch, don't know why you don't like another intelligent race apart from the usual. It will end up being Faerum, look we have underdark already.

Mavnn

First Post
Voda Vosa said:
I do as well.
It's my turn isn't it?

Pitch 6:

In this heavily vegetated world, evolution has give rise to a species of sentient fungus. The dwarfs call them Shrums, the humans Miconids. These colonial beens have a remarkable intelligence and live in great extensions of woodland. They have several colonies over the world, each one is composed by thousands of individuals, genetically identical, spawn from spores produced by their "Mother", a 10 meters tall, 5 meters diameter mushroom. The cities are composed of underground borrows in which the "miconids" or "Shrums"live. They are primary agriculture, peaceful folks and hunt animals occasionally. All food is given to the Mother, and then, it distribute it among her/his children.
(They resemble the Miconid from D&D in apparence, but under a very different context.)

I liked the idea of intelligent shrums, but wasn't convinced by the society. I'd rather have them as a playable race, while the peaceful agricultural set up and genetic identicallity makes that hard: PCs tend to be individually unusual, violent and not terribly agricultural.

I'm sure that you could play a shrum as written, but I'd rather make it easier for people.

Mavnn

First Post
Reveille said:
I take it is my turn.

Pitch #7: The world is dense and has a massive network of caves and tunnels. Entrance to a tunnel on one side of the world can lead you half way around it if one travels long enough. Many of the underdark races are present and even have extansive cities in places where they have excavated. The capital of the underworld is Gourgach.

Remaining Points: 46

Change your name to confuse us, why don't you? ;)

I would support this post if it didn't contain the "Many of the underdark races" comment: personally I'd not want to constrain further development of the underdark that much (you may have noticed from my own pitch and the comment above that I'm a fan of quirky races).

Are we supposed to barter like this, by the way?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Mavnn said:
Change your name to confuse us, why don't you? ;)

I would support this post if it didn't contain the "Many of the underdark races" comment: personally I'd not want to constrain further development of the underdark that much (you may have noticed from my own pitch and the comment above that I'm a fan of quirky races).
Not trying to confuse anyone, I just thought it was time for a change. I updated my pitch.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I just have to stick to some biological parameters. Though I could have added some sort of casts, like ants or something like that.

Mavnn

First Post
Since pitch 7 has gained it's 2 supporters, I'll start posting pitch 8. I'll leave it unrelated to 7 though, given that it could still be vetoed.

Pitch 8
The elves are a tall willowly race, who weigh even less than their looks would suggest (roughly 1/5 of a human of the same height). Living among the tops of the giant trees by preferenance, they can innately manipulate the flow of the air around them, allowing them to make immense leaps and to balance on the smallest and most precarious of branches. They consider themselves people of the wind rather than people of the trees, and with training can use their abilities to fling 'blades' of wind, change direction in mid leap and even (in rare cases) learn to control the weather and fly.

While they rarely trade bulk goods, elves are often hired at great cost by the other races as messangers and couriers due to their ability to 'skim' across the heights of the forests. Only the most powerful of magical effects can deliver an item more quickly than an elf.

43 point

(editted to add points total)

Remove ads