S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morph

Morph raises his hand in the same manner as before. Another burst of fire singes the creature. He then moves backward a step.

[sblock=ooc]Fiery burst damage: 23 Reflex 19 for half. I'll then move backward 5'. If Lo-Kag is not swallowed by my turn, I will instead cast grease on him, giving him a +10 on grapple checks. Acid is not subject to DR.

Spell Prepared(including bonus spells for high Int and for being a specialist wizard)
(4/7/5/4/3) CL: 7 or 8 for fire spells; DC 15+spell level or 17+spell level for transmutations
0: Detect Magicx2, Read magic, ray of frost
1: Feather fallx2, lesser orb of firex2, magic missle, ray of clumsiness, grease
2: invisibility, glitterdust, rope trick, incendiary slime
3: haste, slow, fireball, animate weapon
4: flame whips, polymorphx2 [/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
(Davan's First Round Action *going last*)

Davan moves up to Lo Kag and touches him gently, sending a surge of power through Lo Kag's body. (move to Q6), then retreats back to his original position.

**Cast Bulls Strength on Lo Kag (duration 8 minutes, +4 to str)

[sblock=spells]
Orisons:
Detect Magic
Resistance
Purify Food and Drink
Create Water (3)

1st Level:
Comprehend Languages
Divine Favor
Sanctuary
Omen of Peril
Protection from Evil

2nd Level:
Augury
Calm Emotions
Delay Poison
Make Whole

3rd Level:
Daylight
Vigor
Furnace Within
Lesser Humanoid Essence

4th Level:
Imbue with Special Ability
Restoration
Divine Power


Domain:
1~ Enlarge Person
2~ Bulls Strength
3~ Magic Vestment
4~Spell Immunity [/sblock]
 

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
As Lo-Kag struggles in the creature's grip, he lets out a primal roar and seems to swell even larger than he was before, trying to pry the creatures tentacles back off himself and tie them in a knot.

[sblock=OOC]
Mountain Rage as a free action to boost strength by +6, giving me a +22 grapple check. Got a 30 preemptively to resist whatever it does on its turn, and if I stay unswallowed I get a 31 to damage it in grapple (1d4+11 nonlethal). I'm also large size now if that matters to getting swallowed.

Didn't see Darv's action, both of those rolls should be at +2, so 32 to resist, 33 to grapple it back, 1d4+13 damage if I succeed.

Lo-Kag Pre-emptive Opposed Grapple (1d20+22=30)
Lo-Kag Attack Grapple Check (1d20+22=31)
[/sblock]
 

Rolzup

First Post
Frowning gently, Darv raises his hands and hisses out another spell....

[Sblock=OOC]

Darv has many ranks in knowledge(nature), which would indeed tell him about plants, unless you have decided to role play that he knows plenty about nature, except in the area of plants.

I just meant that Dark Knowledge is useless against plants. Didn't put that clearly.... So if we run into Triffids, run. Fast.

Cast Mass Snake's Swiftness on the greatest concentration of allies -- everyone in 20' burst gets to take a melee or ranged attack. If it's dead before then, hit whoever looks most injured with a Lesser Vigor.
[/sblock]
 

Zurai

First Post
Asenfel sends another blast of energy at the creature as it tries to wrestle his companion into its leafy maw. His eyes narrow in concentration and jerks his scepter downwards sharply just as it appears the energy will hit Lo-Kag in the back; the bolt suddenly dips in its flight and strikes a glancing blow to the central mass of the creature instead.
[sblock=OOC]Attack roll (Point Blank Shot) (1d20 12=17), not sure that'll hit with the grapple going on, so I'll add an AP: Action Point for attack roll (2d6.takeHighest(1)=4), total attack roll: 21. Damage roll (Point Blank Shot) (5d6 1=13)[/sblock]
 

Shayuri

First Post
Bemused by his predicament, Dreadnought realizes with some dismay that he does not have a small enough blade to try to saw his way out. In the past, when his sword proved inappropriate, he'd simply relied on his crushing fists.

In hindsight, it was a single gold piece of an oversight that might cost him significantly more.

Even so, he is not one to simply give up. He twists a bit, trying to get leverage, then drives his powerful adamantine fist up into the creature's stomach lining, hoping to hit delicate internal organs!

(hee...silly me...no light weapons besides his natural attack, which is blunt. But I believe I can at least do damage with it, yes?)

Attack roll 21 (17 if he's still considered grappled): http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1506518/

Damage is 9: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1506519/
 

s@squ@tch

First Post
Complete

Initiative:

24 - Plant Creature – Dreadnought, Lo-Kag swallowed, 6 acid damage each. Attack Davan with Bite – HIT for 16 damage, Davan Grappled
23 - Dreadnought - Swallowed Whole, Acid damage of 6, grapple check failed.
19 - Void – Move to J3
12 - Asenfel - Eldritch Blast for 13 damage, 2nd Eldritch Blast from Snakes Swiftness hit for 21 damage
11 - Morph - Cast Fiery Burst on Plant Creature for 11 damage
4 - Lo Kag – Swallowed Whole, Acid damage of 6, grapple check failed
3 - Darv – Cast Snakes Swiftness, Mass
2 - Davan – Grappled - Cast Divine Power upon self


[D]aa[/D]

Lo-Kag struggles against the grasp of the maw of the plant, letting out a powerful yell that would be heard for miles, but is unable to break free – he disappear from sight into the belly of the creature. [Grapple Check won by Plant, AP would not have helped]

Once swallowed, Lo-Kag begins to go stiff from the digestive juices of the plant, but is able to fight free of the effect. Unfortunately, the acid of the creature begins to eat away at the warrior. [AP used with Fort save vs. Paralysis, please update sheet]

Bemused by his predicament, Dreadnought realizes with some dismay that he does not have a small enough blade to try to saw his way out. In the past, when his sword proved inappropriate, he'd simply relied on his crushing fists.

In hindsight, it was a single gold piece of an oversight that might cost him significantly more.

He struggles against the creatures esophagus to no avail. [Grapple check failed]

Meanwhile, the plant creature lashes out at the young priest with its insatiable hunger, catching the priest across the torso with its giant mouth, knocking the wind out of Davan. [Grapple check won by plant]

Void starts to tumble away from the creature, but notices that it is otherwise occupied with the priest, so he retreats out of range of the plant creature and readies himself for another charge.

Asenfel sends another blast of energy at the creature as it tries to wrestle his companion into its leafy maw. His eyes narrow in concentration and jerks his scepter downwards sharply just as it appears the energy will hit Lo-Kag in the back; the bolt suddenly dips in its flight and strikes a glancing blow to the central mass of the creature instead.

Morph raises his hand in the same manner as before. Another burst of fire singes the creature. He then moves backward a step, the lumbering creature appears to have deflected a portion of the burst.

The large goliath, realizes his large spear is of no use inside the creature, and struggles to climb out of the gullet of the creature, but is unable to get a foothold in the confined space. [Grapple check failed – rolled a 1]

Frowning gently, Darv raises his hands and hisses out another spell.... The warlock quickly fires another burst of eldritch energy at the creature, catching one of the tendrils.

The grappled priest quickly calls out to the Host for strength, and his call is answered! A divine surge ripples through his body. [Use of Action Point]


[sblock=Dreadnought/Lo-Kag]
Dreadnought’s natural attack is bludgeoning, which is not effective while swallowed – must be piercing or slashing.

Lo-Kag’s rolls for Fort save and AP use, then grapple check to climb out of the gut of the creature are under his name on invisible castle.

A swallowed creature that avoids paralysis can climb out of the mass with a successful grapple check. This returns it to the plant’s maw, where another successful grapple check is needed to get free.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Davan/Void]
I don’t think you have any means of acting on the snake’s swiftness at this time – Void just tumbled away, and Davan does not have a weapon in hand, but still has his regular turn to try something – spell, etc, etc.
[/sblock]

Conditions:

Dreadnought: Swallowed, Grappled
Lo Kag: Swallowed, Grappled, Bulls Strength (80 rounds)
Davan: Grappled, Divine Power (8 rounds)
 

Attachments

  • Round 3.jpg
    Round 3.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Davan utters a prayer to his god's for power. He feels a surge of vitae run through his body.


[sblock=action]
Cast Divine Power: bab +8 +6 strength +4 hp duration 8 rounds


next turn will attempt to break free.
Davan's attempt to break the grapple (1d20+13=31) [/sblock]

[sblock=spells]
Orisons:
Detect Magic
Resistance
Purify Food and Drink
Create Water (3)

1st Level:
Comprehend Languages
Divine Favor
Sanctuary
Omen of Peril
Protection from Evil

2nd Level:
Augury
Calm Emotions
Delay Poison
Make Whole

3rd Level:
Daylight
Vigor
Furnace Within
Lesser Humanoid Essence

4th Level:
Imbue with Special Ability
Restoration
Divine Power


Domain:
1~ Enlarge Person
2~ Bulls Strength
3~ Magic Vestment
4~Spell Immunity
[/sblock]
 

s@squ@tch

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
Davan utters a prayer to his god's for power. He feels a surge of vitae run through his body.


[sblock=action]
Cast Divine Power: bab +8 +6 strength +4 hp duration 8 rounds


next turn will attempt to break free.
Davan's attempt to break the grapple (1d20+13=31)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Davan]
Normallyl, while grappled, you cannot cast a spell that requires a somatic component, but I will allow it with the use of an action point, since it is Eberron and all.
[/sblock]
 


Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top