• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morph

Morph removes the chain shirt from the body of the mindflayer, regardless of the gore dripping from the links. "This is enchanted, and mithral as well. Let's pack it up and take it with us. Hudder can wear it while he rests...so he doesn't have to fight...in that coat...if we are attacked again while the rest of you sleep."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Beast-Domoris prowls the grounds in frustration after the battle. When the dwarf looks at him and tries to get him to commit to some madness, the shifter changes into the large bird form and flies off into the canopy to get a view of the surrounds and avoid the madman.

Shayuri

First Post
Dreadnought bemusedly cooperates with Hudder's requests, though it takes time with his plodding style of speech.

When it's over he mentions, "I never knew what was happening...one moment I was on guard, the next...it was too late. I regret that I could not save him."

Void

I knew they were powerful from stories but I didn't expect them to be so powerful.
Grunt the Gitz.
He is so ashamed of himself, being so helpless in front of his arch-enemies and party members. He needs to meditate and rethink the whole encounter, how did he fell to their magic? There are tactics and plans to be thought off before the next session with the Illithid will take place.

AS for Davan's death, the priest saved him on the boat, so honor and respect should take place. Void is silent during the burial, but his keen senses are high, not wanting to be caught unprepared once again by the wicked flayers.

Rolzup

First Post
Darv sits on the ground, rubbing his temples and wincing. "That hurt more than seems reasonable," he groans. "I've never felt anything like that before, and would much rather not experience it again. Ever."

He looks up, flinching slightly at the sudden motion. "We need to determine some method of protector ourselves from those accursed things. Or, failing that, of hiding from them. And the quicker, the better."

Graf

Explorer
Darv said:
Darv sits on the ground, rubbing his temples and wincing. "That hurt more than seems reasonable," he groans. "I've never felt anything like that before, and would much rather not experience it again. Ever."
"We need to determine some method of protector ourselves from those accursed things. Or, failing that, of hiding from them. And the quicker, the better."
Aye. Yer right about that. Hudder off the gnome a hand in getting to his feet.
Shudda put wards 'n alarms around. Amateur mistake.

He looks over at Darv. Yer gonna need ta say tha last rites while I strip 'n shroud 'em.
segway into this post

Shayuri said:
Dreadnought bemusedly cooperates with Hudder's requests, though it takes time with his plodding style of speech.

When it's over he mentions, "I never knew what was happening...one moment I was on guard, the next...it was too late. I regret that I could not save him."
Hudder, having finished painstaking copying down and checking everything Dreadnought says replies...

Darkblindness 's a terrible curse ta bear.
s'not yer fault laddy. 'forged 'er remarkable, er, people but yeh was built by humans. We 'ave a saying....
Hudder abruptly seems to reconsider what he was going to say. "Well! Better go talk ta Domoris!

[sblock=The Saying]A weapon is only as good as it's maker...

I love the idea that dwarves have a bunch of offensive sayings about they don't say, but everyone knows about. And that gnomes have the same sort of sayings, but only they know about.

Or maybe it's a stupid idea...[/sblock]

Hudder comes to a stop at the base of a large tree. Domoris... We canna have tha conversation if yah dunna come down here. Jus' need ta ask you a couple of simple questions. Hudder looks at the tree for a minute, dragonmark covered muscles ripple as he considers climbing it. When he looks up the shifter is gone.

Fer tha luvva... Hudder makes a sour face.
Ol' Irontooth takes in shifter lads, he mutters to himself.
Hudder writes down Domoris: Douven ir'Kandac -- Sharn Reformatory for Wayward Youths.
Then in block letters next to it: PROVISIONAL.
Hudder glowers up at the jungle canopy.
Ye've got kin shifter, somewhere...

Shayuri

First Post
Dreadnought regards Hudder with confusion as the dwarf walks away to talk to Domoris, though it's tricky telling the emotion just from the tilt of his head and posture of his blocky body.

After waiting a moment for elaboration on the saying which does not come, he clumps over to Darv.

"If it is any consolation," he says slowly, "I do not think that the tactic they used on Davan will work on Morph or I. Though their other abilities seem to."

Void

Rolzup said:
He looks up, flinching slightly at the sudden motion. "We need to determine some method of protector ourselves from those accursed things. Or, failing that, of hiding from them. And the quicker, the better."

I'm not familiar with such a protection, you cannot hide from those things, they hunt your thoughts and mind. Thought ... once I climbed the extraterrestrial room they stopped.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Morph

Morph speaks in response to the Gith and Darv. "You are correct, the rope trick transports us to an extraplanar location, one that border our own plane. The more people we can fit in there the better. We need to get moving now...before they come back for seconds." Morph looks down upon the ground where gray matter and blood were scattered.

Remove ads