• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S1: The Strange Case of Aif Jenkins' Farm (E13 judge) - Concluded

Patlin

Explorer
Banion grins when they are able to corner the horse.

"No replacement for a loved mount, but I expect this horse will beat walking. Are we random targets of highwaymen, or is there more to it than that?"

Boddynock

First Post
OOC:
I've had Eusebius approved as a level 5 character: he's now a Monk 2/Cleric 3. Second level spells, here we come!

My posting's still a bit patchy, but I'm trying to get all my games up to speed, so I hope to post something for Eusebius tomorrow.

Patlin

Explorer
Banion climbs up on the horse, manifests his mindblade to make sure it is fully charged, and takes another look around for any additional attackers.

Spot +7.

Manzanita

First Post
Sunset is about 6 pm. So now it is about 5:35. It has been about 5 minutes since the battle.

The party loots the bodies, reins in the new horse, and proceeds. They've barely gone 50 yards, though, before they break out of the trees and can see a fertile vally to their left (Southwest).

You can see several figures outside a farmhouse. You can count at least six sword glinting in the fierce light. Three more can be seen out in the farmer's fields to the East of the house. To the north of the house, against the darkness of the forest, can be seen a large shed. Smoke slowly rolls out of the chimney of the farmhouse.

Spot DC 10 [sblock] Two figures are running up the hill and have almost reached the shed.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Spot (1d20+7=20)

Banion manifests his mindblade once more, but hold it low so as to appear less threatening.

"Two over there by the shed. Possibly hostile. Are they farmers, or attacking the farm? Boog, do you have any way of telling?"

Banion's sense motive is +0, but he'll do his best to figure out whether the swordsmen are likely to attack before they do so.

Manzanita

First Post
Sense motive is not useful in this situation, as the figures are about 600 feet away. With that spot check, though, Banion suspects that the figures are orcs, armed and equiped similarly to the ones killed on the road. The figures are not all moving together, but are somewhat spread out. Three do seem to be moving purposefully towards the house. Beyond the house is a barn, and there is a well in the field.

Patlin

Explorer
"I think they are more of the highwaymen we just fought! We'd better move to intercept them before they light the poor farmer's house on fire! Let's go after the two isolated ones first."

Banion spurs the warhorse forward to match action to words.

Initiative (1d20+4=14)

Edit: Since we just came out of the woods and the two Banion spotted are near tree line, I'm acting on the assumption those two are relatively near us...

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
I've attached a map. The three orcs are pretty far away. The other three are hanging out near the farmhouse. The party is at the big red X. THe other two running figures (w/red bandanas) are at the red arrow near the top of the hill.

Attachments

• farm.JPG
    farm.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 292

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads