• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S1: The Strange Case of Aif Jenkins' Farm (E13 judge) - Concluded

SlagMortar

First Post
"I don't see any up there, but it looks like those are going to be upon the farm house soon. Are there people in danger up by the shed?" Beamer grabs his crossbow out of his haversack, and loads it while riding with Banion.

OOC: spot (1d20+3=6)
Spells remaining:
0th: 6, 1st: 5, 2nd: 3
Mage armor still in effect: AC 19
initiative (1d20+4=11)

Manzanita

First Post
What's the rule on small PCs riding a large warhorse? My littlest one turns 3 tomorrow. He's 37 inches tall (& 30 lbs). Can you image him on a full-sized warhorse? I guess Juliana took the heavy warhorse, so the halflings are on a light one. I guess they probably won't ride it into combat anyway.

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: The closest rule I know of is here horse. A strict reading of that says its not possible for a halfling to ride a full size horse. I thought I remembered seeing that a mount has to be at least one size category larger than the rider, but I don't remember where.

Beamer is planning to get with 100 feet or so and then dismount, hunker down and attack from range so he hopefully he won't end up mounted in combat.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: If a human can ride a war elephant, a halfling should be able to ride a warhorse...

Edit: Also, consider the rule cited above in context of this: "If you attempt to ride a creature that is ill suited as a mount, you take a -5 penalty on your Ride checks. "

I think Banion and Beamer are OK, but will take the -5 penalty due to the oversized mount.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: After examining th map, I'd have to say skip the Orcs heading toward the shed: better to charge in and protect the farmhouse.

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: that means Juliana, in full plate, is on foot? I got the impression she was getting the horse since she lost hers. I was under the impression you were giving her the heavy warhorse.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: that means Juliana, in full plate, is on foot? I got the impression she was getting the horse since she lost hers. I was under the impression you were giving her the heavy warhorse.

You gained a horse; you lost a horse. Everyone should be mounted as before, except Juliana is now on the heavy warhorse.

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: My bad. Am I to assume the 180' hill isn't in the way so we can see it then? otherwise that'd be bad for line of sight.

Juliana will spur her horse on towards the orcs, Guisarme at the ready.

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
Juliana will spur her horse on towards the orcs, Guisarme at the ready.
Boog followed, one hand on his dagger, the other on the reins. He still ached from the blow that the other orc gave him with his sword as an idea formed in his mind. "Waste not, want not", he thought. His companions heard the now-familiar mental chime of Boog manifesting one of his powers.[sblock=OoC: ]Ok, the plan is to approach. In the seemingly very likely eventuality that hostilities break out, Boog will manifest Hostile Empathic Transfer again, with the intent of transferring the injuries he received from the mounted orc to someone else. Consider that a readied action, as I suspect it will take more than a turn to reach the group at the farmhouse. In the meantime, Boog will manifest Mindlink as he rides, linking all 4 companions into his "network". 4 PP spent, so 25/34 PP remaining, 21/29 HP.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I think we're all heading to intercept the Orcs aproaching the farmhouse... speak ye up, any who differ, lest ye be dragged along in our wake.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads