S1: Tomb of Horrors - IC

WarShrike

First Post
Ungroth uses his rope to aid his ascent, first just poking his head above the rim of the rock face at eye level and scans the area. If itr seems safe he will go up and help the others up.

kinem

Adventurer
Ungroth sees no obvious threats.

ooc: To use Stone Shape you must touch the stone object, and you can shape up to 19 cubic ft at 9th level. The volume might be enough but Gorash would first have to climb the rope up to the ledge at least. He could do so, but actually, it isn't necessary to make the climb even easier once Ungroth's rope is in place.

How far along the 340' stretch of ledge (west to east, as it is on the north face of the hill) does Ungroth make his climb?

Gruskin will follow Ungroth up the cliff, going up before Gorash unless Gorash tells him otherwise.

Does Gunden fly?

ooc: Ungroth, Gorash, Gunden, & Gruskin: Not easy names to keep straight!

cool hand luke

First Post
Gunden steps back, and stands on his toes to watch the scaling of the cliff side.

My, isn't that a handy rope, to tie itself up like that? and quite impressive to scurry up the cliff on it. I must say that while it is impressive, I don't think I'd make it. I guess I'll have to go my way.

After a quick series of gestures and a little muttering , the halfling begins to make a quickly ascending spiral to the top of the hill.

OOC: Gunden cirlces to about 100' above the top of the hill, and then begins to fly a slow loop around the island, looking for anything that catches his eye.

kinem

Adventurer
From his vantage point in the air above the hill, Gunden can see the lay of the land, including the large black stones on top of the hill.

[sblock=stones]
kinem-albums-pbp-pics-picture1724-toh.jpg
[/sblock]
Other than the hill and various sickly shrubs and trees, there appears to be little else on the swamp island. The island itself extends roughly 500 yards away from the mound in all directions.

Nice toy you have Ungroth.
Gorash say as he ascends to the cliff. He looks up to the sun and clouds, smells the air and raise a finger as one who tries to forecast the weather. He waits for Gunden to land and report.

cool hand luke

First Post
descending among his fancy fluttering robes, Gunden lands next to the others.

Well, someone went to a lot of work to stack those big stones up there he starts as he gestures over his shoulder.

they've got them all stacked up, like a nice smiley face!

He bends over, and picks up a small stick and then scratches out the general outline of the stones in the dirt.

Of course, if you are more of a glass half empty type I guess you could say they look like a skull, but I like to put things in a positive light. So we have a hill that is happy to see all of us! I didn't notice anything else really, but I wasn't close enough to see if there was a door, or pit, or shaft, or passageway, or portal or.... well you get the idea up on the stones.

Remove ads