• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S4: Tsojcanth?

qstor

Adventurer
I converted the female vampire fighter at the end. Old Wicked's neice!
I'll post her here after GenCon.

I think most of the monsters from the mod have been converted. I know you'll have to lessen the Treasure.

Some of the artifacts in the mod have been converted too. Grodog might know where the 3e stats are for those.

Mike

the Jester

Legend
Hmm, I remember someone talking about doing this... was it Olgar Shiverstone? Can't remember... anyway, yeah, a lot of the stuff has been converted or would be easy to convert. Most of the monsters are prolly in the Tome of Horrors if nowhere else, though marids and dao are in the MotP.

James McMurray

First Post
Thanks folks! I spent a good amount of time converting the wildernes section, only to have my players walk straight to the caverns. I had to throw a random encounter at them to slow them down so I'd have time to convert the upper level of the caves. :)

Stormrunner

Explorer
Remember that First Edition tends to throw huge numbers of low-level opponents at a party. Flipping through my copy of the original, in the outdoor areas we have, among other encounters, a group of 70 goblins and another group of 81 hobgoblins.

This module also marks the first appearance of a number of creatures and magic items, including Xag-ya and Xeg-yi, Behirs, Slippers of Spider Climbing, and the Horn of Fog. If the PCs have encountered these before, consider replacing them with new, "unknown" monsters and magic items.

Remove ads