Samurai Jack Question

Villano

First Post
I'm not really a fan of the show, but I have seen more than a few episodes (I watch it when there's nothing else on, but I don't follow it regularly).

One of the episodes I caught was the first appearance of the Scotsman. I loved that character. In fact, I created a back-up PC barbarian based on him.

I was pretty excited to see commercials for another Scotsman episode. However, in its place aired Jack & The Mountain.

I've done some work in animation and figured that, perhaps, the advertised episode wasn't completed in time for airing. No big deal, I thought, it'll play eventually.

A while later, it was advertised again...and Jack & The Mountain was shown again.

It's been promised several more times, but another episode always airs (mostly Jack & The Mountain, but I think Jack & The Tribe was shown once).

So, my question is, has anyone ever seen this episode? Has Jack & The Scotsman 2 ever run?

Villano

First Post
Thanks

333 Dave said:
Twice. Ironicly I've never seen the first one.

Damn. Did it air when advertised or did it air in place of another episode?

I guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled and watch every episode I see.

I love that guy.

"Pretty big talk for a man wearing a basket on his head." :)

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
It's funny but had stopped watching the show for a while and when I started again the second one was one of the first episodes I saw and didn't catch the first one until later.

Currently SJ's only on three times a week (Fri, Sat, and Sun) and it's the same episode each time. This is the address for the schedule on Cartoon Networks site (only lists episode numbers). Here's the Episode Guide (it's flash). The first Scotsman episode is XI, the second is XX. Of course I'm expecting you say you already knew this, but...

You'll probably have to wait a while to catch it because starting on 9/6 it looks like there will be five new episodes in a row, I think they're new anyway.

Villano

First Post
Thanks for the link.

I had no idea what number episode Jack & The Scotsman 2 was. I have a Direct TV (satellite dish), so I mainly use the guide on the tv to see what's on (you just click a button and can see what the next 32 hours of programming will be).

Sadly, the guide usually just lists the Roman numeral of the episode for its Samurai Jack descriptions.

The guide is usually pretty good, but sometimes it can be irritating. The people at Direct TV must hate Law & Order. There were a few episodes where they got the plot and/or characters totally wrong, or, worse, they reveal the killer or major plot twist (they actually do that a lot).

Welverin

First Post
Villano said:
I had no idea what number episode Jack & The Scotsman 2 was. I have a Direct TV (satellite dish), so I mainly use the guide on the tv to see what's on (you just click a button and can see what the next 32 hours of programming will be).

My brother has it too, I like it.

Sadly, the guide usually just lists the Roman numeral of the episode for its Samurai Jack descriptions.

I think that's the only real description CN gives them so I'm not surprised. I don?t remember every seeing a title at the beginning but the number is always right before the final credits.

King_Stannis

Explorer
oh yeah, i've seen both. the scottsman's wife is a terror! it's hilarious.

i love SJ, but i think it's getting kind of lost in the shuffle. i have a 3 1/2 year old lad, so cartoon network is on quite a bit at our house. they seem to promote dexter, PPG, courage and G & E quite a bit. not many ads for SJ, though.

i hope they are still going to be airing new episodes.

Remove ads