• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Worlds: Question for Ari

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Thanks Valhalla - some of that makes more sense.

So the move is free along with an action, unless you run which counts as an action.

That last part about dying sounds a little confusing, when you get to the Spirit roll AND a Vigor roll (I take it if you are not dead).

C

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Another Q.

In Test Drive rules is talks about powers, but how MANY powers does one get with character generation.

The Deadlands pregens are odd. 3 have arcane edges. 1 has one power, 1 has 2 powers and the other none listed. (Is this right?) One also has 10 Power Points and the other 20. Can this be?

How is all this determined? Is is so many powers per choice the appropriate edge or ???

Posting this on my Deadlands thread too.

TheClone

First Post
One side note for the Heal skill: One attempt takes 10 min. So in the one hour you got after a fight, you may roll six times. After that it's up to natural healing. I don't have those rules in mind completely, but roughly it's about having a constitution roll once a week to heal wound. I assume a success heals one and each raise an additional wound.

AngryMojo

First Post
Another Q.

In Test Drive rules is talks about powers, but how MANY powers does one get with character generation.

The Deadlands pregens are odd. 3 have arcane edges. 1 has one power, 1 has 2 powers and the other none listed. (Is this right?) One also has 10 Power Points and the other 20. Can this be?

How is all this determined? Is is so many powers per choice the appropriate edge or ???

Posting this on my Deadlands thread too.
Each arcane background receives a different number of powers, power points and mechanics. Depending on what type of magic, they'll be different.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Thanks Valhalla - some of that makes more sense.

So the move is free along with an action, unless you run which counts as an action.
Pretty much. Moving is a free action, so no mulit-action penalties, but you can't repeat it (since you'd be taking the same action twice on one card).

That last part about dying sounds a little confusing, when you get to the Spirit roll AND a Vigor roll (I take it if you are not dead).
It's not too bad.
There's an injury table that you roll on, which provides specific injuries in various body locations. If you had success on the Incapacitation roll (first Vigor) then those injuries are temporary (or if the damage was non-lethal) and recover when you've healed all your wounds. If you failed the roll but still survived then those injuries are permanent reminders of almost buying a farm.
If you fail the Incapacitation roll then you may still cling to life due to strength of will. You get a Spirit roll, and if you pass then you're only mostly dead (failure you're all dead and start character generation). Mostly dead characters roll another Vigor roll. On a success they stabilize as if they'd passed the Incapacitation roll, but they have a permanent injury. Failure removes the 'mostly' qualifier from their status.

And you're most welcome.
After that it's up to natural healing. I don't have those rules in mind completely, but roughly it's about having a constitution roll once a week to heal wound. I assume a success heals one and each raise an additional wound.
Vigor roll, with modifiers for receiving medical care, every 5 days. Success heals one wound, two with a raise. You can't heal more than two wounds on a given recover roll (unless your GM says you can).

AngryMojo covered the arcane business. For all the details you'll need to wait on the books.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads