Scheduling for the IRON DM 2017 Tournament

Rune

Once A Fool
Question, the 750 words, is that minimum or maximum? I assume it's a maximum limit?

All Round 1 matches will have a maximum word limit of 750 (or less, if the entry is late, so don't be late). This information is in the rules, of course, but when the ingredients for each match are posted, the parameters will also be reposted with them.

750 is very challenging. I recommend that you write a synopsis and flesh out what you need to, rather than try to race the clock while trimming down a full adventure. Check out the Round 1 entries from the last two tournaments for examples.

Slit518

Adventurer
FYI, I will not be available tomorrow (Saturday) the 16th, or (Sunday) the 17th. I have a party to prepare for and entertain tomorrow, and then Sunday is errands and a wrestling event (Clash of Champions). I should be fresh from Monday onward, except for Christmas Eve and Christmas that is.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
I can't go at all until Monday, but the week is relatively clear. Aside from work.

Tuesday the 19th or Thursday the 21st are my best days.

Rune

Once A Fool
We still need one more entrant before we can get started, folk!

If anybody's on the fence, let me point out that there's a reason these tournaments always tend to have quite a few repeat contestants in them. Competing in an IRON DM tournament is like no other experience; once you've risen to the challenge the first time, there's a good bet you'll want to do it again and again!

Remove ads