Scheduling Thread for the IRON DM 2020 Tournament!

Rune

Once A Fool
Welp, I looked. The drive was no help and it looks like I dumped the CDs in the purge of stuff that accompanied my last move. :(

This makes me think it is more important than ever to archive the stuff we still do have.
Ah, well. It was a long-shot, I suppose.

On a mostly unrelated note, I’m curious about something. How did you arrive at 6 ingredients as the right number when you first started this thing?

It’s amazing to me just how spot-on that number was for what the tournament began as and quickly evolved into. Four (and sometimes even five) are just way too easy to link all of the ingredients and more than six becomes increasingly (maybe even exponentially) difficult (as you’ll be experiencing soon).

Was it a hunch? Serendipity? Practice? Inquiring mind wants to know.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
How did you arrive at 6 ingredients as the right number when you first started this thing?

Was it a hunch? Serendipity? Practice? Inquiring mind wants to know.

You know, I don't remember. For all I know the very first iteration had FIVE ingredients and we bumped it to six when the time limit moved from one hour to 24. That sounds right, but could be a total confabulation.

But as you say, four would be way too easy, and given the Rat BastardTM origins of the contest and its "nemmerlesque" judging, making it six instead of the expected five is just another way poke contestants in the eye. ;) 🤣

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I'll also be home all day. Family stuff will take up a currently-unknown quantity of the day, but worse-case I stay up all night getting it done.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'd like to start round two on Sunday (any time after 10am EST) but I understand that it may be too soon. Otherwise, I'll probably have to wait until the following Saturday or Sunday. Though maybe I can pull off some writing on New Years... not like I'm going anywhere. Sigh.

Rune

Once A Fool
I'd like to start round two on Sunday (any time after 10am EST) but I understand that it may be too soon. Otherwise, I'll probably have to wait until the following Saturday or Sunday. Though maybe I can pull off some writing on New Years... not like I'm going anywhere. Sigh.
We’ll want to wait until R1M4 has a judgement before moving on to R2. That likely means Monday at the earliest.

We’ll be okay if we don’t rush through R2, though. If we can get R2M2 started a week from Saturday, we’ll still be on track.

Last edited:

Remove ads