SCL: Stumbled coming out of the gate or simply fallen on it's face?

The-Magic-Sword

Small Ball Archmage
I have to disagree on this one, while I certainly understand the frustration with the tools being lackluster the campaign plays quite well in terms of story and gameplay, and it's lengthy enough to justify the game's price tag. I particularly dislike the complaints that it wasn't 5e enough, with the sheer level of "talk to your dm" present in that rule system I don't think it would have ever been practical, nor a particularly good video game system- as things stand i think we got an excellent combat system that pays plenty of homage to DND while still preserving an actual playable experience. I also have to wonder if anyone complaining that it feels like diablo has actually ever played diablo, this is a far more strategic system, It plays much more like DND on higher difficulties as well, i've found.

Dargrimm

First Post
[...]I particularly dislike the complaints that it wasn't 5e enough[...]

What most people are complaining about is not that the game itself is not D&D 5e but that the developers (and Wizards) advertised it as being a very close adaptation to the actual rules. And that is just not true.

My complaints are with companies that make misleading marketing and give customers false expectations promising one thing and delivering another totally different thing.

The game *might* (note the emphasis) be a fun game but the false promises just destroyed any fun I might have had with it.

Remove ads