• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

mleibrock

First Post
Falco elbows Besharn hard and fast at his comment about money and then steps away realizing that was definitely not brightest thing he's ever done.

"The Professor was your father and although he has made a difference in all our lives, he was YOUR life. I don't see where we have a right to tell you no if you want to come with us. I do think though, one of us should stay here and guard the books. Maybe we can go ahead and deliver the books and then it will not be such a weight on our thoughts."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"Oh the books, yes, perhaps I should stay behind. It would not do for them to fall into the wrong hands. Even a curious villager come snooping might get the wrong idea and decide it best to burn the whole place down."

mleibrock

First Post
"I do agree with your line of thinking." Looking to the rest of the party. "So we should prepare for another foray to the prison at sunrise."

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Spam Reported!

OOC: Okay gang. I am sorry for the delays--Work, holidays, family commitments--you know how it is. Anyway, it is in fact only about 8:30 in the morning now so you've got plenty of time to return to the prison today. I'll have a proper post up shortly.

Scotley

Hero
A hike up the hill through the woods of less than an hour places you once more at Harrowstone. You pass though a sagging wood and metal gate set between a pair of stone guard towers once barred entrance into Harrowstone, but that now hang negligently open, creaking softly in what wind touches the ruined bars.You approach the dilapidated prison's main building once more and are reminded of why the locals avoid this place. The main building seems to loom over you malevolently and the warm spring sunshine seems somehow muted. Their seems no change in the place since you left the previous afternoon. The two-story stone building looms in the center of the prison grounds. Ivy and moss cling tenaciously to the walls, while above the wooden shingles of the roof are often missing entirely, exposing the wooden rafters of the upper structure to the sky. Here and there, leering stone gargoyles perch on the eaves, once functioning as drainspouts and decorations but now seeming almost to serve a more ominous role of sentinels. Many of these stone decorations have crumbled away and lie in ruined piles on the soggy ground below. Windows in the building’s facade are narrow and blocked by grills of rusty iron bars. Stone columns support a slumping wooden balcony over the building’s wooden front doors, both of which hang askew and reveal dark glimpses of chambers within. Indeed, the doors stand open like a mouth leading into some strange insectoid beast.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

Besharrn warily approaches the derelict building, carefully watching the gargoyles to make sure that they really are made of inanimate stone and do not move. "Me not like going in front door unannounced. Seem like good way to hit every defense left in the place. Hmm, me wonder -- is way to enter through hole in wall?"

[sblock=stats - Besharrn Blacktusk]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:35/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 17 [19 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Dannis retrieves his ioun torch from his pouch. Releasing the stone, it floats into the air near his head, and begins to emit a soft, white light. It would provide adequate light for their expedition into the ruined interior.

At the half-orc's words, the cleric looks around for any signs that things had changed since yesterday. "We entered through the front during our last foray. Do you have reason to suspect an ambush this time?"

Leif

Adventurer

'Besharrn always suspect ambush! How think him live so long with orcs for brothers?"

[sblock=stats - Besharrn Blacktusk]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:35/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 17 [19 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
As the group prepares to enter, Falco will take a minute to cast guidance on himself and all the party members - This spell imbues the subject with a touch of divine guidance. The creature gets a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. It must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies.

Scotley

Hero
Looking at the old prison building you see some possible alternate entries. You visited the balcony to the Northwest last time you were here and were unable to open the locked door there. The balcony to the Southeast is partially collapsed and the stairs that led to it are long gone as well, but if you climbed the building there might be access from there. There is another balcony on the roof once patrolled by guards. The watchtower at the peak of the building has collapsed but the balcony remains and from there you might gain access through one of the holes in the roof. Again a climb would be required. It is unclear how the balcony might have been accessed in the past as you see no stairs or ladder.

Attachments

• Harrowstone.jpg
    Harrowstone.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 69

Remove ads