• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Scourge Of Worlds - A Dungeons and Dragons Adventure" DVD

Dhevan

First Post
Sorry, I should've been clearer with that. The Jump points can be found on the FULL version of the DVD. I believe that the sampler has this option disconnected.:(

-Dhevan

Mojo

First Post
Demo in Dragon 309

Hey all,

I just tried out the demo that came in the new issue of Dragon.

Very cool...reminds me of the cut scenes on a lot of computer games. Definately gonna pick this up. Maybe if it is a big seller they'll do some different worlds, like Forgotten Realms...

As for the restriction on fast forwarding, it says on the demo that those options were disabled in order to make it work. The explanation given here makes total sense, so I guess one will have to deal with it.

I'm sure they didn't do it to MAKE people watch it over and over.

cptg1481

First Post
UGHHH

I just got my demo today and it's bent all to $*&@$. Will the madness ever stop.....curse you mail-man curse you.......all.

Guess I'll have to beg for another from the publishers, wish me luck.

LGodamus

First Post
I have the full version...and yes you can skip through story elements it jumps you to the decision screen....the story is painfully short however.

Dark Psion

First Post
Is it just Regar, Mialee and Lidda or are there other iconics in it?
Does it have any DVD-type bonues, like a gamer's description of what spell was just cast, there was the Tumble skill in use or here is a feat being used?

And why is Lidda's voice so familiar?

Kershek

Sci-Fi Newshound
I went through the DVD tonight. No spoilers here. I found myself trying to pick the wrong choices so I could see end sequences, since that was the only way to go "backward" in the story without starting over. Ugh.

The choices seemed rather arbitrary at times. Sometimes you got vital information about a choice after you made it (such as background information).

The acting scenes reminded me of the newer Voltron animated series, where the actors are clearly motion captured (which is good), but it's pretty obvious they are following scripted fighting maneuvers with little real connection to the CG creatures they are fighting.

The graphics themselves, while not at "Final Fantasy" level, are still quite good. I will hazard a guess that the budget wasn't sky high and they had to make due the best they could.

Voice acting was variable - some very good (such as the cleric) and some not so good (Lidda sounded like a teenager in acting school).

It would be cool if you could select a subtitle screen to see what spells were being cast, and other effects.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads