• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Season 8 will switch to the Organized Play rules presented in XGTE

AriochQ

Adventurer
Sorry, what has that to do with AL seasons...?

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

AL seasons are based on a Hardcover adventure release. This season is Tomb of Annihilation, last season was Tales of the Yawning Portal. The next season will begin with the next Hardcover adventure release.

CapnZapp

Legend
AL seasons are based on a Hardcover adventure release. This season is Tomb of Annihilation, last season was Tales of the Yawning Portal. The next season will begin with the next Hardcover adventure release.
I was led to believe the current AL season was double-length.

Do you mean to imply WotC would skip their annual spring hardcover just to accommodate the AL?

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Season 7 is supposed to last "a year". So I expect that round about GenCon we'll be seeing a new HC that will also presage the new AL season. I remember Greg Marks talking about all the work that was going into prepping for a long Season 7 way back toward the end of Curse of Strahd.

Motorskills

Explorer
Yeah, if the hardback after Mordenkainen comes out in (say) October 2018, that's when S8 will start, presumably incorporating the new progression rules.

How things will work for established characters, I'm not sure?

S8 for the DDAL should start around September. We won't have s8 stuff at Origins because we are doing some other content we haven't announced yet and there is simply no room!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads