• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City Adventure Path (Chars Selected)

Phyrrus

First Post
Everyone who still has a floating concept:

With the deadline of Tues night for putting in completed submission and sheets getting closer, it might be a good idea to start getting something finalized. If the character isn't finished when the bell tolls, then I will pull them out of the mix Wed morning when I print out the sheets of everyone who does have their's ready.

Jdvn1: You must be loving the fact that your albino concept has everyone else afraid of the divine might you command..:)

SAdly I just got a massive audit fix to do by friday (as well as a 6 page biography for Aviation Legistlation) and I doubt I'll have the time (or energy) to finish up Ty before the weekend..

So most likely I'm out. :(

Phyrrus

First Post
Kain: I am sorry to see you stepping out, but I will definately keep you on the alt list should an opening happen after the game does get going.

Mimic

First Post
Stats:
[sblock]
Strength: 12 (+1)
Dexterity: 14 (+2)
Constitution: 14 (+2)
Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 10
Charisma: 16 (+3)

Alignment: CN

Hit Points: 8/8
Armor Class: 15 studded leather + dex
Base Attack: +0
Morningstar (+1 1d8+1)
Dagger (+1 1d4+1)
Light crossbow (+2 1d8)
Eldritch blast (+2 1d6)

Saving Throws: Fortitude +2, Reflex +2, Will +2

Feats: Point blank shot, precise shot
Skills:
Intimidate +7 (4 ranks)
Jump +3 (1 rank)
Knowledge (arcana) +3 (1 rank)
Sense Motive:+2 (2 ranks)
Spellcraft: +3 (2 ranks)
Use Magic device: +7 (4 ranks)

Languages: Common, Abbysal

Equipment:
Backpack , flint and steel, lantern (bullseye), mirror (small steel), rations x 2, Rope silk (50'), waterskin , sunrod x 3, traveler's outfit , Alchemist’s fire x 2

Money: 5 gold

Demonscarred: [sblock] One of your ancestors was a half-fiend. As a result, you carry some of that taint with you.

Benefit: Regardless of your actual alignment, spells and spell-like abilities with the evil descriptor treat you as if your alignment were evil. Magic items are similarly fooled. An unholy blight spell, for example, won't damage you, no matter what your actual alignment is.

Drawback: Regardless of your actual alignment, spells and spell-like abilities with the good description treat you as if your alignment were evil. Magic items are similarly fooled. A holy word spell, for example, will harm you even if you are good aligned.

Roleplaying ideas: You are moody, gloomy, and have a short temper. [/sblock]

[/sblock]

Background:
[sblock]
Josha's family had never been lucky,cursed would be a better word for it. No matter what they did ill fortune seemed to follow them around, even with his grandfather moving to Cauldren as a young man didn't break the cycle. Dying due to a freak work accident he left his family with nothing but debt and little hope to make a better life for themselves.

Josha's father did better himself a little, he found stable work as a smithy and was able to pay off some of the debt that was left to him by his father he was by no means was he a rich man but he wasn't living on the streets either. He had secretly hoped that the curse that his father had always talked about ended with his death. He had even met a girl and settled down, but he always told his children about the curse, wanting them to always to be aware.

The youngest of six children, Josha was a quite child, he didn't play with the other children. he prefered to be alone, reading quietly or playing his his imaginary friends. His family thought it was odd but since it wasn't hurting anyone they didn't do anything about it. All this changed as he approached his 13th birthday, in the months leading up to his birthday his mood got worse and worse, he would snap at people for little to no reason and he continued to withdraw more into himself.

Everything changed on the night of his 13th birthday. In a particularily bad mood he started an arguement with one of his older sibling. As he argued he could feel something inside him, a power, wanting to get out, the more he argued (and the angier he got) the closer he got to accessing it. And then it happened, he spoke a word in a language he had never heard before and objects around the room shattered as if smashed with a mace. In stunned silence the rest of his family stared at him, panic stricken he ran from the house never looking back, he never knew if they looked for him or not. From that day on he took whatever job he could, always the loner he never got to close to others in case they some how found out about him, he learned how to fight and was always working to control whatever it was that set him apart from everyone else. Slowly he mastered this strange ability and found that he could focus it through his hands in the form of a deadly ray, different from his ability to shatter things with his voice but very useful none the less. He found that a lot of people were willing to pay him a lot of money, whether being just a body guard or at times doing things that were less then honest. Now with some money and his ablities under control he returns to Cauldron to reunite himself with his family only to find no trace of them, not only that but no evidence that they existed at all. Josha stays it he city to see if he can discover what has happened to them and possible seek revenge.
[/sblock]

Apperance:
[sblock]
Josha would be considered quite handsome if he ever got rid of the scowl on his face, deep penetrating blue eyes off set his black hair. He has a single stripe of white hair that he keeps braided and he has a habit of playing with it when nervous.[/sblock]

Personlity:
[sblock]Moody and withdrawn, easy to anger, would be the quick answer that most people would respond to if asked to discribe Josha's personality. Although whether this is just a defensive reaction or his true personality is hard to determine.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phyrrus

First Post
Mimic:

Just wanted to make sure that you knew that when the adventure began, he would need to be in Cauldron. Would that alter your roaming backstory any?

Mimic

First Post
Phyrrus said:
Mimic:

Just wanted to make sure that you knew that when the adventure began, he would need to be in Cauldron. Would that alter your roaming backstory any?

I will add a bit about his coming back to Cauldron looking for his family only to discover that they are all gone... that's always good potential plot hooks.

Phyrrus

First Post
Mimic said:
I will add a bit about his coming back to Cauldron looking for his family only to discover that they are all gone... that's always good potential plot hooks.

Also if you don't mind, write in the stat block about the Trait you took, if you still plan on taking it.

Kafkonia

First Post
I don't have a spiffy Friar Tuck picture, but I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring...

Name: Quaestio
Class: Cleric
Alignment: Neutral Good -- the city needs law, but the citizens need freedom
Race: Human

In Brief: Most clerics worship gods or goddesses. Some misguided fools worship demons and devils. Others worship causes or concepts.

Quaestio is different. He worships the city. And, sometimes, the city speaks to him.

STR 10 HP: 9
DEX 12 BAB: 0
CON 12 FORT: 3 REF: 1 WILL: 5
INT 14
WIS 16
CHA 14

Domains: City; Protection

Feats: Able Learner (Human); Investigator (1st Level)

Skills (Ranks+Ability+Misc=Total)
Concentration (1+1+0=2)
Diplomacy (4+2+0=6)
Gather Info (4+2+2=8)
Healing (3+3+0=6)
Knowledge: Architecture (1+2+0=3)
Knowledge: Local (4+2+0=6)
Knowledge: Religion (1+2+0=3)
Search (2+2+2=6)

Languages: Common; Dwarven; Gnome

A Closer Look: Quaestio grew up on Ash Avenue, amidst the squalor and the stench of the city's core. But while others let their world grind them down, Quaestio's eyes were always open to the beauty of Cauldron -- the way the light glinted off the cracked window in his neighbour's house, the startling clarity of the lake just after the clerics purified it, the sound of footsteps and the occasional wheeled vehicle across the roads. He loved it, and it spoke to him with a voice like that which calls a clergyman to the cloth.

He many not worship at a temple or bow down to an altar, but those who know him cannot deny his connection to divine powers -- indeed, his willingness to minister to those suffering from the recent plague has won him fast friends in the Gnomish community, as well as those humans he calls his neigbours.

OOC: The City domain and Able Learner feat come from Races of Destiny, which I believe you said you had. I'm aiming on sending Quaestio on a path towards becoming an Urban Soul, also from that book (whether he gets there or not is another matter. :) ) Quaestio is from the Latin root of "question", a reference to the recently-revamped comic book hero of that name -- a character to whom the city speaks.

ETI:
Gear
Wooden Holy Symbol 1 GP
Healer's Kit 50 GP
Leather Armor 10 GP
Buckler 15 GP
Heavy Mace 12 GP, d8
Spiked Gauntlet 5 GP, d4
Holy Water 25 GP
Sunrod 2 GP
Potion of Sanctuary 50 GP
30 GP

Last edited:

Phyrrus

First Post
Kafkonia:

A very interesting concept for the first stage of the game. If you wish to follow Urbanus, I will not prevent you from doing so as it would fit in with the drawing strength from the city like he does.

Things definately just heated up in the divine ring for sure.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads