D&D 5E Shadowblade Sorlock question

TrueBagelMan

Explorer
Is Umbreal Form worth it vs 6 sorcery points and a pact boon? It sounds nice that I have advantage on attack rolls and everything else has disadvantage on attack rolls against me. Is three Sorcery points worth it for resistance against all damage except force and radiant?
Sorcery points were Calculated as if I had a Rod of the Pactkeeper.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I suppose it depends a lot on the situation. Having resistance to most damage will basically double your hp, which as a sorcerer are not as good given the d6.

But, I have to ask if you are as sorlock, are you expecting to get 18 levels of Sorcerer and only 2 for warlock?

Dausuul

Legend
I'm not clear on what the comparison is here. What are the options you are weighing?

(Also, if this is a build you intend to use in actual play, keep in mind that very few campaigns ever reach 20th level, and even if yours does, the vast majority of your time will be spent at lower levels. It's best to plan your build around the levels where the campaign will actually take place.)

If you plan on using shadow blade as you go-to attack - it could go either way. A familiar will give you advantage on most attacks (that aren't boosted by darkness or shadow of moil anyways) from level 3 or so, and the Gift of the Ever-Living Ones invocation will let you heal up pretty quick - not as good as resistance to everything but not bad and available a lot sooner.

Frankly, if Umbral Form sounds cool to you, I wouldn't even dip warlock for this build. Just play a straight shadow sorcerer.

Remove ads