Shadowdark looks so good!

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
I tried looking at the Discord and not understand how people find it (the site as a whole) useful. It's like if you went to a forum that had only 10 threads and everyone just posted in those 10 threads.

I 100% agree with this. And, unfortunately, that’s where the action is if you want to talk about Shadowdark.

But, yeah, it makes my eyes bleed.

KIDS THESE DAYS!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I’m almost certain they’ll be available outside the Kickstarter at some point.
Yeah, that's the intention. If this had only been a $10k Kickstarter, as she apparently anticipated, it would have just been sold through her site. Cracking $1 million almost certainly means the big game distributors have reached out to her now to talk about how many copies she's going to be printing and how she intends to distribute them.

She comes from the world of newspapers. While that's not the same thing as game publishing, it does mean she's familiar with the fact that many more people are involved in printing and distribution than just the writer. I suspect part of her relative radio silence, beyond just con crud from Gary Con, is fielding calls and emails and figuring out who she can ask questions of before making business commitments. A good problem to have, all things considered.

Jahydin

Hero
I tried looking at the Discord and not understand how people find it (the site as a whole) useful. It's like if you went to a forum that had only 10 threads and everyone just posted in those 10 threads.
It's a different place for sure. If you're looking for updates, there's usually a single thread where updates are posted without comments.

As for the other threads, I like to think about it as walking into your FLGS and seeing your friends chatting it up about games. You're not really concerned about what was said before; you just listen and decide if you want to jump in or wait for a good time to change the subject.

Jahydin

Hero
@darjr

Thanks for the updates!
Your enthusiasm for RPG goodness is infectious!

I can't believe we're getting PDFs in a couple weeks and physical books in a few months.
My expectation for most KS projects is a few years now no matter what the delivery date says.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
It's a different place for sure. If you're looking for updates, there's usually a single thread where updates are posted without comments.

As for the other threads, I like to think about it as walking into your FLGS and seeing your friends chatting it up about games. You're not really concerned about what was said before; you just listen and decide if you want to jump in or wait for a good time to change the subject.
Yeah, it's a different medium. It's not a message board. Kelsey also started an official Facebook group which, while it has its share of chatter, is much more user-friendly for finding old posts.

But on Discord, there is a Kelsey-only announcement forums where she posts important info.

ryu289

Villager
Anti-inclusive content
Here is a very negative review:
Mod Edit: link removed
What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads