• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shadowdark looks so good!

DataDwarf

Explorer
Here is a very negative review: <edit: removed url from quote>
What are your thoughts on this?
I am not sure why you are sharing a link to a copy of a blog post hosted on a Russian archive site and not the original article.

I would recommend you share the original post’s url if you want people’s opinions. Edit: See the below post.

I am not comfortable sharing the link as the post is filled with rather hateful speech and would caution anyone reading it if they are not prepared for that.

Last edited:

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
I've been playing some pick-up games of Shadowdark on Foundry (a couple of fans built out the whole Foundry module) and having A BLAST.

I just realized that I don't even know if WotC released another playtest packet this week. And I don't really care. :-/

Jahydin

Hero
1680935052409.png

Just another reason I'm loving Shadowdark...

That level 5 Seer Penance is brutal!!!

Bill Zebub

Different strokes for different folks, because the seer reads as one MASSIVE turn-off for me. :(

Huh. The Seer doesn't really appeal to me, but it's also not a "MASSIVE turn-off". Really it's just a Wizard who trades fewer spells known for a much lower chance of spell failure, with some flavor. What do you hate about it? The Tier 5 Penance?

The character won't live long enough to worry about that. :)

Aldarc

Legend
Huh. The Seer doesn't really appeal to me, but it's also not a "MASSIVE turn-off". Really it's just a Wizard who trades fewer spells known for a much lower chance of spell failure, with some flavor. What do you hate about it? The Tier 5 Penance?
Keep in mind that what turns you off from a game won't necessarily be what turns me off of something.

The character won't live long enough to worry about that. :)
Another turn-off. 🤷‍♂️

Arilyn

Hero
This version of Seer is an odd class, linking divination with blood and descent into corruption. My problem is that being a diviner could be a popular player choice but not this one!

Bill Zebub

Keep in mind that what turns you off from a game won't necessarily be what turns me off of something.

That's why I was asking what about it turned you off so much. If we all had the same preferences I would have known the answer.

Remove ads