Shadowdark looks so good!

DataDwarf

Explorer
Here is a very negative review: <edit: removed url from quote>
What are your thoughts on this?
I am not sure why you are sharing a link to a copy of a blog post hosted on a Russian archive site and not the original article.

I would recommend you share the original post’s url if you want people’s opinions. Edit: See the below post.

I am not comfortable sharing the link as the post is filled with rather hateful speech and would caution anyone reading it if they are not prepared for that.

Last edited:

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
I've been playing some pick-up games of Shadowdark on Foundry (a couple of fans built out the whole Foundry module) and having A BLAST.

I just realized that I don't even know if WotC released another playtest packet this week. And I don't really care. :-/

Jahydin

Hero
1680935052409.png

Just another reason I'm loving Shadowdark...

That level 5 Seer Penance is brutal!!!

Bill Zebub

Different strokes for different folks, because the seer reads as one MASSIVE turn-off for me. :(

Huh. The Seer doesn't really appeal to me, but it's also not a "MASSIVE turn-off". Really it's just a Wizard who trades fewer spells known for a much lower chance of spell failure, with some flavor. What do you hate about it? The Tier 5 Penance?

The character won't live long enough to worry about that. :)

Aldarc

Legend
Huh. The Seer doesn't really appeal to me, but it's also not a "MASSIVE turn-off". Really it's just a Wizard who trades fewer spells known for a much lower chance of spell failure, with some flavor. What do you hate about it? The Tier 5 Penance?
Keep in mind that what turns you off from a game won't necessarily be what turns me off of something.

The character won't live long enough to worry about that. :)
Another turn-off. 🤷‍♂️

Arilyn

Hero
This version of Seer is an odd class, linking divination with blood and descent into corruption. My problem is that being a diviner could be a popular player choice but not this one!

Bill Zebub

Keep in mind that what turns you off from a game won't necessarily be what turns me off of something.

That's why I was asking what about it turned you off so much. If we all had the same preferences I would have known the answer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads