3 rings to bind them all!
Time for another vote, me thinks?

Which way should we (try to) go?

1. Through the north "airlock" door?

2. South after Sov's electric ghosts?

3. Something else?

GreenKarl

First Post
Sorry I might not have explained it correctly... the door has a bio-component within it that blocks astral projection, as does the wall 20ft to the right and left of the door and 10ft above the door. Everything else (including the floor of the room you are presently in) is rock beyond it. You could assume that a lot of the area around here not made up of the lab is probably Earth, although it could be landfill or maybe concrete. If it was poured after the Awakening a lot of people would mix in natural earth to block astral projection (as spirits can't easily pass through the Earth, etc.)

Shayuri

First Post
Hey guys

Checking in. Sorry for the vanishing act again. A lot of spare time going to getting settled, and further job development. I think I'm gonna have to cut back on active gaming a bit. Not entirely, but I'm just in too many games now, and it's getting to the point where I'm avoiding the site altogether sometimes because I know if I come on, I'll have hours and hours of posts to make, and no creative energy to make them.

:(

GreenKarl

First Post
Hey guys

Checking in. Sorry for the vanishing act again. A lot of spare time going to getting settled, and further job development. I think I'm gonna have to cut back on active gaming a bit. Not entirely, but I'm just in too many games now, and it's getting to the point where I'm avoiding the site altogether sometimes because I know if I come on, I'll have hours and hours of posts to make, and no creative energy to make them.

:(

Sorry to hear that BUT I totally get it... take care

Binder Fred

I get like that with exercise :)

My solution right now is little bits at a time, 10 minutes here, 15 there. Not as good as a real workout but ways better than nothing at all

GreenKarl

First Post
Cast Physical Wall, then dodge to the side. Check the side and south as well, see that nothing's moving there, please.

Wall: Do the doors open inwards, GK? If so, put the wall two lines behind the X, from E wall to W wall, in the middle of the doors so they can't be opened :devil:

If not - drat! -, put the wall one line behind the X so as to block off the re-enforcements from their side of the room, at least temporarely.

Question: How customizable is the wall? Could he, say, create it one foot shorter than the ceiling? Or close-off each door individually (basically straight across each door and along the backwall in between)?

The doors open inward and are already open. My "they are opening as NTensity looks in" was mostly for dramatics. As for how customizable, without extra Magnitude the only thing is that as the ceiling is not quite 20ft the wall would simply end at the ceiling. It would not go higher or get thicker or add any extra length, etc. You should have enough space to do something like this...

Wall.jpg

Binder Fred

Hm... NTensity was hoping to leave a 1 foot gap between the wall and the ceiling, not to make the wall double, but so they could toss things on the other side... Possible?

By the by, is the 75hp for each wall section (10 feet?), or does the wall disappear if it takes 75 anywhere along its length?

GreenKarl

First Post
No unless you increased the Magnitude the height and length can't normally be modified (shortened or lengthened). A wall or ceiling can end it prematurely. And yes it takes 75 HP of damage to destroy each 10ft section.

Binder Fred

Those two together might lead to problems, though? Imagine a 10' corridor where NTensity could zig-zag the wall across 5 or 6 times, making it extra annoying to try to get through

I'd suggest either:
  • 75hp per section, only in a straight line (or circle arc centered on caster) OR
  • XXXhp total and a total 180 degrees of turn, min 45 degrees per corner
or variations thereof

Remove ads