Shadowrun using DnD5 [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
Sorry for [MENTION=63746]Binder Fred[/MENTION]...

Bessy
Hm, how about we try this:
Trip (Shove) attacks until it's prone (2 attacks last round, 2 this round), then regular attacks (now at advantage). Since it's already Grappled (movement 0), it can't get up until it succeeds in freeing itself from the grapple (at a disadvantage since it's Prone)
The ties that bind: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15; 1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6
1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12; 1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10
1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22; 1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7

1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10; 1D8+3 = [2]+3 = 5

Must succeed at Str or Dex roll vs the above or become Prone. (I'll roll additional dice as needed, or you can if you want to, GK)

Shoving a target requires an Athletics check not an attack check and it is resisted by Acrobatics or Athletics, so the rolls are 1d20+2 vs. 1d20+2. I will use your 1d20 rolls at +2 until you knock it prone. So for round 1 its rolls are 12 and then 9 and if its is still up next round, 19 and 7.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Bessy’s 4 attacks are for last round and this round (forgot to post her action last round if you remember)

For the half-wall: yes except the east-west portion should be on the other side of the barricade, i.e. in line with the old wall please

Shayuri

First Post
That moment when you realize AP ammo (not APSD) is only 2x base cost, so 150nuyen...and see you have 250nuyen in cash on hand.

Damnit.

I didn't really think through the armor rules. Nor did I expect to find guys in the heaviest possible armor, but that was just bad planning on my part...lol...

Oh well.

GreenKarl

First Post
Well the Azech guys are considered "fairly elite"... they are not fully on badasses (as they have nonheroic levels) like the Jaguar or Leopard Guard ;)

As for Bessy he needs two new attacks at advantage for this round then

Binder Fred

No roll to hit wall
Hm... I refer you to our discussion on the Ram spell vs the air conduit?

For NTensity, remember Armor Class is not just hitting something but also being able to dealing damage. I am fine with giving the troll advantage on the attack but the AC would normally be 12-15 I would think. Check here for striking objects.

Also, isn't that elemental at disadvantage for it's Athletics checks while Prone? (not that it matters this round, of course :))

Also these guards and Samuel have ½ cover (+2 AC) next round.
See four posts above for where NTensity created the new wall: with the east-west section one square "north" of the barricade, like the wall it replaced.

i.e.: No barricade for you! :D

GreenKarl

First Post
Hmm yes I agree about the Ram spell... ok I am of two minds here...

One is that I can't see having to hit cover, and if you use an attack roll you can crit it. That seems wrong too me. So if an attack is within normal range no attack roll is needed. At long range the AC is a 10. For the Ram spell same thing for cover/doors/etc. and you need an attack roll vs. vehicles as they have AC, but you have Advantage with stationary one.

Or we grant cover a base AC, but you have Advantage on attack rolls vs. it. Then with the Ram spell you have advantage on stationary vehicles.

I am not sure which one though...

GreenKarl

First Post
Hm... I refer you to our discussion on the Ram spell vs the air conduit?

Also, isn't that elemental at disadvantage for it's Athletics checks while Prone? (not that it matters this round, of course :))

See four posts above for where NTensity created the new wall: with the east-west section one square "north" of the barricade, like the wall it replaced.

i.e.: No barricade for you! :D

So thinking about it a bit more here is what I think I am going to do. I am going to add the following line/edit to cover...
"Any hit that misses a target do to the cover bonus (including full cover if the attacker wishes to shot it) damages the cover instead. Otherwise cover has an AC of 10 but you have advantage to hitting it."

and the following edit to Ram...
"With a successful Magical attack roll deals force damage. As with normal cover, stationary targets (including vehicles) grant advantage on your attack roll."

EDIT: I am still of two minds on this. The other would look like this...
For cover...
"Otherwise cover has a AC of 10."

For the Ram spell...
"When attacking a moving target (such as a vehicle) you are at Disadvantage with your magical attack roll."

Last edited:

Binder Fred

Well, going by the Damaging an Object page, I would go with a straight 15 AC for a wall with no advantage for most things (bullets are not made to bring down a solid barrier) and advantage for things specifically made to go through obstacles (explosives, ram spells, etc). (Note that some bullets *are* made to go through solid barriers ("barrier penetration"), without necessarily compromising the barrier itself: firing blind, as it were...).

Now this doesn't consider *hardness*, which is an added complexity.... Let's see: if we consider 10 attacks that do on average 13.5 damage (3d8) from a +5 opponent, then going with a straight 15 AC that makes an average of 67.5 dam. To get the same thing with an AC 10 barrier, you'd need to make it hardness 67.5 = 10 * 3/4 (avg dam - hardness), where hardness = 4.5.

Now this will obviously change with the various parameters, but AC 10, Hardness 4.5 would fit the guidelines for damaging a wooden wall equivalent

GreenKarl

First Post
Yes hardness is a factor AND also most material has Resistance to no-AP/Heavy Damage weapon features. The reason I am not giving Physical Barrier spell this Resistance is that reducing the Hit Point total of the cover are reduced it does not reduce the cover to 3/4 or 1/2 cover like it normally does. Elemental Walls I am thinking of giving this Resistance or just upping the base Hit Points, or the Stone Wall could be reduced to 3/4 and 1/2 cover... just not really sure but as no one has that spell I am not going to worry about it.

SO then Cover is going to be edited to...
"Otherwise cover has a AC of 10."

And the Ram spell...
"When attacking a moving target (such as a vehicle) you are at Disadvantage with your magical attack roll."

Remove ads