• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

She's A Keeper!

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
ph34r said:
She'll be posting here before you know it! ;)

Your saying so implies she already is posting, doesn't it?

:confused:

Or maybe she is using your account and posting as you??

:eek:

Is she Piratecat?!?!?!?

...help me...

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
ph34r said:
I've been dating my girlfriend for a little over a month now and we were talking last night and just out of the blue...

Her: "I want to play D&D. It looks like it's fun!"
My Reaction: :eek:

I've told her about the hobby and she thought it was interesting, but she never actually said she wanted to play it. She'll be posting here before you know it! ;)

69.gif

One converted, and 26 million to be appraised

kenobi65

First Post
Very cool, man. My wife was already a sometime-gamer when we met (heck, we met through a mutual friend, who was in my first D&D group). Over the years, she's gotten more and more into gaming, and is now a very active participant in all three of the groups I'm in.

Like Guillaume, she can also be the harshest critic of my DMing and writing...always challenging me to make the game more than a hack-fest.

Oh, and tonight, she said..."You know, I think I want to try to paint a miniature." :D

Starman

Adventurer
BOZ said:
"Gamers who once loved women who hated gaming"?

We'd have to game at the sessions for therapeutical reasons, of course. And single people of both genders who liked gaming. A lot. I like the sound of this.

Starman

fusangite

First Post
I recruited my ex to gaming about 6 months into our relationship. We broke up 9 years ago. But she's stayed in my gaming group ever since.

Narfellus

First Post
dpmcalister said:
13 years here - and the weird thing is that she loves reading fantasy novels.

I have to say...that's odd. Sorry 'bout that. You would think that someone with that much love of fantasy would easily segue into the hobby, especially given a spouse's inerest.

Julie

First Post
Guillaume said:
Julie, my pregnant wife who posts here every once and a while is a avid convert. I taught her to play a few years ago and now she keeps pressuring me to come up with better games, better plots, better campaigns. It's the pressure I tell you !!! :D

Actually, I keep pressuring him to finish a campaign! He has so many ideas for adventures and campaigns, but we lack the necessary time to play them all! Plus, the composition of our gaming group is so volatile that we have almost never finished a campaign because every time our group changes we start a new one ;).

Nevertheless, I wouldn't give up gaming for all the gold in the world. I got hooked on my first try. I've even tried my hand at DMing (I'm not very good though). Although the pregnancy has darined a lot of energy, I'm still an active player. For me, it's an escape from my daily stresses. We're even planning on buying a big plush D20 for our kid, if we manage to find one :D .

I hope your girlfriend likes gaming as much as I do. Gaming girlfriends may be rare, but we do exist :p

Pbartender

First Post
"Yes, a Dungeon Master's strength flows from the Dice. But beware of the dark side. THAC0, saving throws, spell preparation; the dark side of the Dice are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Arneson's apprentice."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads