Six From Gate Pass - Chapter 2: The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

The Bashar

First Post
Hrimr steps toward Alric and draws his shield. With his free hand he casts a spell. As he moves his hands and intones the words the people nearest to him smell the sent of wood. With his now enchanted hand he touches Alric. Alric's skin begins to turn brown and rough like bark of a mighty oak tree.

"This will protect you Alric. Now go chop off that bastard's beard!"

OOC: Move to S21, cast Barkskin on Alric. Alric you have +2 to your Natural Armour for the next 40 minutes

Adjuntive

First Post
Alric yelps in shock and gapes in horror as his skin changes tone and texture at Hrimr's touch. Never before has such a thing been done to him and his prejudice against magic is flooding him with nightmarish thoughts of being turned into an inanimate tree. For a brief half-second he begins to shake uncontrollably in horror. Though Hrimr's words reassure him and ground him (no tree pun intended) and give him enough presence of mind to push aside the panicking thoughts and focus on the battle.

"Stay behind me and out of reach of its glaive my comrades. I will hold as best I can."

Carefully advancing Alric shifts his grip on his silver sword and angles his shield such that he could use either to try and foil the devil's attack. He then bellows to the demon in the best mocking commander's voice he can muster, looking into his hellish red eyes and holding his wolfish grin.

"Come forth and do your worst you simpering bag of fiendish wind! Show me you would at least equal the challenge of a Seela child to defend your attack!"

OOC: Alric moves forward to O21 and uses his standard action to use the total-defense action, granting him a +4 to his AC until his next turn. With Hrimr's spell, until his next turn his AC is 27... Damnit, I forgot the bastard could teleport!!!

fromage67

First Post
Lars sidesteps to the edge of the bridge (V23) in order to give himself a good angle, and he also unshoulders his heavy pack and lets it fall to the ground. He then rapidly prepares his crossbow, aims and shoots at the devil, judging that at that range, he has a reasonably good chance to hit.

He curses to himself as he sees the bolt fly too wide and high. He starts to reload.

Gregor

First Post
The devil finishes howling. His body shakes with rage and his eyes brighten to a vivid scarlet. He bounds forward with the deadly glaive raised over his head. He moves directly towards Alric, but at the last minute, he veers out of the way and continues past the human warrior.

"Wonderful defense fool!" mocks the bearded devil as he lopes past.

Alric is too caught up in maintaining his defence to strike out at the passing devil and can only watch as the glaive is brought down in a vicious slash aimed at Hrimr (moves to Q20). The serrated edge catches the dwarf in the chest and it rakes downwards leaving a line of torn, bloody flesh and ripped hides.

Torrent speaks a few words of incantation and prayer and then reaches out and touches Bannock on the arm, discharging a spell into him. She then draws her axe and prepares for battle. "I've strengthened you in the name of Istishia" calls Torrent, "now chop that piece of garbage down!"

GM: Bannock, you are affected by the Bull's Strength spell. +4 to your Strength for the next 4 minutes.

Last edited:

Bannock

First Post
As Torrent unleashes the spell's energy, Bannock feels his muscles bulge and suddenly flush with blood, like the most intense rush of adrenaline he's ever experienced. He feels like he could leap twenty feet in the air, or tear a man asunder with his hands. To him, it is glorious.

"Now there's an order I'm happy to follow, Torrent!", says Bannock.

With a shrug, his pack slides off his shoulders. Bending into the low stance of a sprinter waiting at the starting line, he launches himself into a charge towards the bearded devil. The end of his own glaive whistles through the air, singing a deadly birdsong.

OOC: Charge directly forward to S-20, power attack on devil.

OOC: Seems the universe is balancing out my huge damage bonus with a 1 on the dice...

OOC: DM: I forgot to add weapon specialization for +2 to damage. Total damage is 17

Last edited:

Gregor

First Post
Bannock, your glaive stabs deeply into the devil's shoulder. He howls in pain as your blades tears through his tough skin. Though he appears wounded and is weeping blood, you know that you did not do as much damage as you thought you should have.

Initiative Order

1 - Arnir
2 - Kirio
3 - Hrimr
4 - Alric
5 - Lars
6 - DM
7 - Torrent
8 - Bannock

Round 2

digimattic

First Post
Arnir quickly dashes to V19 and recalling the difficulty he had overcoming the devil's resistance to his magic, he casts Fox's Cunning on himself and feels the knowledge of the universe flood his mind. The sensation is initially terrifying, as though he has just suddenly discovered his own existence, but the knowledge quickly calms him.

"An excellent strike, Bannock, but recall that this foe will resist physical attacks unless your blade is blessed or aligned good!"

OOC: too bad fox's cunning doesn't make me any smarter.... whups!

Last edited:

The Bashar

First Post
Hrimr yells in pain as the glaive strikes his body. He sees Bannock run and strike at the beast. Hrimr remembers how infected Alric's wound from the blade became. He steps behind Bannock and begins to smear some moss over the wound in a bid to stop the infection. He then casts a healing spell on his wound.

OOC: 5 ft step to T20.

Last edited:

Adjuntive

First Post
Feeling foolish about his strategy against the devil, and cursing himself under his breath not to underestimate the cunning of the devil again, Alric carefully edges himself with striking distance of the devil while bringing his silvered sword into a wide arc at the devil's back.

OOC: Alric takes a 5ft step into P20 and attacks the devil. Forgot to take into account flanking, the actual attack result is 21.

Last edited:

Remove ads