Six From Gate Pass - Chapter 2: The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

fromage67

First Post
Not having many options, Lars reloads, takes a step forward (V22) and shoots imto the crowd, aiming high at the tall devil.

Ooc: Oops, ignore second roll, luckily...

Last edited:

Gregor

First Post
Alric, your silver sword cuts a deep line down the flesh of the devil's back. He grimaces and curses in infernal as he staggers slightly. Lars bolt sails overhead, lost in the tangle of the melee. Surprisingly, he ignores Alric and focuses on slaying the larger human with the glaive. He makes two quick slashes with his polearm, but only the first breaks through Bannock's defence. The blade finds a gap in the plate armor and rends flesh and muscle with ease.

Torrent acts on Arnir's advice and moves up behind Bannock (T21) to align his weapon with the magic shroud the party found in the mountains outside of Gate Pass. She speaks the required words of power: 'do not let my death be in vain' and discharges the item's energy into Bannock. His glaive then glows with blue energy and she says: "Bannock, I've aligned your blade! It will cut him to ribbons now."

Last edited:

Bannock

First Post
Bannock grinds his teeth and and growls in pain at the impact of the devil's formidable weapon, but keeps his footing and stays up with ease. He revels in the flow of the fight, and counters with a powerful strike of his own.

After his initial strike, he hops forward to R-20, inside the lethal horizon of the devil's glaive, while choking his grip on his own to maintain pressure. Leaning close to his enemy's diabolical ears, he says, "You'll have to do better than that, you ugly goat!"

OOC: Attack, then 5-foot step to R-20, then shorten grip on glaive to maintain threat. I'm presuming 16 does not beat his AC.

Last edited:

digimattic

First Post
Arnir stands still for a moment muttering to himself:

"But if he...No no no no...Absurd! But then again.....Dragonbone? Ha! What a concept!"

The violence of the Devil's attack on Bannock and the latter's reposte snaps him out of his arcane-induced flight of fancy

"Oh yes, to the matter at hand...."

Concentrating his formidable mind, Arnir draws on the power of the weave to create a searing bolt of energy to project at the Devil. Holding both hands out before him, his palms begin to crackle with electricity like two electrodes. Shortly a roiling ball of plasma forms between them and in an instant, it lances out at the hulking form of the planar visitor.

OOC: I don't think this hits, but I'll roll the rest anyway

Last edited:

Gregor

First Post
Bannock, your attack is parried by the devil's savage weapon and he spits on the ground at your feet. He then ducks suddenly to avoid Arnir's searing ray of energy. It tears through the melee and blasts into a tree on the other side of the river. The distinct scent of ozone fills the air and strands of hair and loose threads in clothing stand on end.

Initiative Order

1 - Arnir
2 - Kirio
3 - Hrimr
4 - Alric
5 - Lars
6 - DM
7 - Torrent
8 - Bannock

Round 3

GM: Quick note on the map: it does not reflect Bannock or Arnir's current positioning.

Gregor

First Post
GM: Kirio is off on vacation and he may not have internet access where he is staying. So, in the interest of moving the game along, lets assume he is still playing his song this round.

Hrimr, you're up.

Adjuntive

First Post
"Bannock, remember what Arnir told us! Ware his beard up close!"

Alric grits his teeth, and brings his sword up over his shield preparing for another wide, arcing attack.

Gregor

First Post
Alric, your blade cuts another deep gash into the flesh of the devil. He screams in pain and rage, but shows no signs of defeat.

Remove ads